Well, it’s a start……

TXGuy

15 hours ago, TXGuy said:

It’s been a while, busy with life.  The last few days have been great.  I’m out on travel for business.  One of my favorite new pairs of heels is the Clarks Brier Milan.  I also like that they are a bootie version of a pump.  The last 4 days I have been wearing them every evening, leaving all my other shoes in the hotel so I cannot chicken out when I get where I’m going.  I am wearing a pair of boot cut jeans, which makes it pretty discrete.  There is still the sound of stiletto hitting the ground, but I’ve gotten past that as well.  I’ve walked into malls, restaurants, and by today, looking for extra places to go, such as hitting the Apple store to check out the new iPhone 6S.  I can’t wait to get back here.  I do not know if anyone has noticed, but getting out and about is building up my confidence.  I still have to get used to the stiletto heel. I’ve hit a few surfaces where the heel start to slip…..

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3279.jpg

Great job buddy, looks like we have similar confidence levels for public booting!  Doesn't it feel so liberating?  Do you live anywhere near DFW, I layover there a lot and would love to get out with a fellow boot buddy!  Don

Here is one further thought about wearing knee high boots over jeans or leggings.  One key to having the confidence to wear boots (or anything else for that matter) is for you to be used to seeing yourself in boots.  As long as boots are something "special" that you might wear, your actions will reflect that.  You need to be able to look in a mirror and say, "Yep, this is the look I want."  When you can (mentally) see yourself wearing boots, they just become another pair of shoes.  That may take some of the adrenaline rush out of going out wearing boots, but it lets you look like it is a perfectly natural thing for you to be doing (which it would be).

Get some boots and enjoy them.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Mr. X - All in good time.  I'm pretty sure a few people saw that I was wearing heels.  That fact made me confident on the 4th night, I just got out of my car and walked into the restaurant without worry about the people waiting in front.  I'll get better with the idea and feel more comfortable with being more visible.  But is still a cool feeling to not be afraid to walk around in a heel.

pebblesf - Not in Dallas, further South.  But, I really do not take chances.  I have a good job, and a family that depends on my keeping a good job.  While technically, there should be no legal problem, I have a level of respect and position which i wish to maintain.  Maybe when I am ready to throw caution to the wind, maybe, but not now.

Thighbootguy - Might be a while before I am that confident to strut that style.  ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TXGuy said:

Mr. X -  I'll get better with the idea and feel more comfortable with being more visible.  But is still a cool feeling to not be afraid to walk around in a heel.

It really is all about how you see yourself.  If you see yourself naturally wearing heels, then it's hard to find a reason not to wear them.  Changing your mental image of yourself, for some, does take a little, time but being aware that you have a mental image of yourself is the first step.

5 hours ago, Sydheel said:

Been here you should feel more confident not pressured. 

James

Absolutely!  I did not mean to try to pressure you into anything, rather to suggest a next step when you are ready to take it. (But the next step is generally more fun if your wearing heels ;-).)

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

15 hours ago, TXGuy said:

pebblesf - Not in Dallas, further South.  But, I really do not take chances.  I have a good job, and a family that depends on my keeping a good job.  While technically, there should be no legal problem, I have a level of respect and position which i wish to maintain.  Maybe when I am ready to throw caution to the wind, maybe, but not now.

I'm in no way suggesting that you should do something that makes you feel uncomfortable. But the mere suggestion that a job could be effected by your choice of shoes in  general blows my mind. The thought that anyone who chooses a feminine path in the slightest way or all the way, would earn disrespect is maddening. Fortunately the world is changing and in some places changing fast. Whatever level of stepping out you have done this far is to be commended :)

Edited by robbiehhw
Formatting

1 hour ago, robbiehhw said:

I'm in no way suggesting that you should do something that makes you feel uncomfortable. But the mere suggestion that a job could be effected by your choice of shoes in  general blows my mind. The thought that anyone who chooses a feminine path in the slightest way or all the way, would earn disrespect is maddening. Fortunately the world is changing and in some places changing fast. Whatever level of stepping out you have done this far is to be commended :)

Not to worry Tx, I understand totally.  It is a good idea to always keep your work life separated from you personal life!  Not many employers/coworkers are as open minded as we are, and I commend you for wanting to put family first!  I hope you get more trips away to enjoy your boots, can't wait to see more pics!

Don

TXGuy, my advice is to keep doing what you feel comfortable doing.  While I understand Thighbootguy's comments, some of us just aren't looking to be quite so obvious and would just as soon not have everyone looking.  We enjoy walking in our heels, but prefer to remain part of the scenery as such.  I have been out and about many times with my 4" heel boots, but like you, I wear them with long jeans.  I have been noticed many times, I'm sure, but being discreet is the way I prefer to go.  I have yet to try the stiletto heel style like yours, but after seeing you in them, I just might have to give it a go.  But if and when I do, they will be worn with pants that, like yours, keep things on the quiet side from a visual standpint.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RonC said:

I have yet to try the stiletto heel style like yours, but after seeing you in them, I just might have to give it a go.  But if and when I do, they will be worn with pants that, like yours, keep things on the quiet side from a visual standpint.

I wanted to try a thinner heel, my other heels are wedges or blocks.  Plus this shoe is a bootie version of a pump, which I have only one other of.  Which is also 4 in heel.  I also wanted a smaller heel that I can easily walk for hours if I got the chance.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, robbiehhw said:

I'm not saying that I would loose my job.  But I still believe that it may have an effect on the job.  I'm doing well, and I want to keep raises and bonuses coming. :)   Plus, if I am not up to the confidence level yet of having the boots in plain view out of town, it's not time to do it at work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Having a great couple of days.  On a trip, as soon as I checked into the hotel, I changed into my bootcut jeans and my Clark’s heeled booties and headed out.  First stop, the nearby mall, especially the Nine West store.  Black Friday sales were still on.  Parked and jumped out of the car, walked into the mall past a bunch of people, and headed straight for Nine West.

When I walked in, there was no one there, the sales people were in the back, so I just looked around until I found something interesting.  I quickly zeroed in on the Nine West Sherbert Booties with a 4 ½ inch heel.  When the sales girl came out, I said Hi and asked if they have the Sherbert booties in size 11.  She brought out a pair in black leather and handed me the box.  I told her that they were for me, and asked if she minded my trying them on.  She said that she figured out that they were for me as she had seen the heels I was wearing into the store.  I few people came into the store at that point, but I put that out of my mind, took my heels off, and put the booties on and walked around the store a bit trying them out.  They seemed a bit big and I asked if they had the size 10 ½.  She brought out the brown version, and I quickly swapped them out and walked around a bit more.  Didn’t’ seem right, so I was convinced to buy them yet.

While walking around, I spotted a pair of high heeled sandals, the Benteena ankle strap sandals.  I now asked if they had a 10 ½ or 11 in that sandal.  She brought them out, and I once again swapped my shoes.  First time anyone outside my house has seen me wearing high heeled sandals. These I definitely likes and bought them at half price.

Later that night, I saw that if you spent at least $125, you would get an extra 20% off. If I had known that, I would have bought the Sherbert bootie as well.  Oh well, I’ll just have to wait until another big sale comes along.  I also want to wait until I can walk wearing heels into another Nine West store for the experience.

In the end, the sales people were great.  And a few looks from the lady shoppers….

Walked around the mall for a few minutes with the Nine West bag and wearing my heels before heading out.  Next stop was Whole Foods where I walked around as I got my dinner for the night, walking past lots of people.  Last stop before heading back to the hotel was the local grocery store where I picked up a few things as well as the chance to walk around more people.

Tonight, I wore the Clark booties into PF Changs for dinner.  There were a few looks, but know comments.  I felt pretty good strutting around.  Things are getting easier.  ;)

• Like 2

Great work

it amazing once you start how quickly you can progress and how fast you can overcome your fears. 

Keep it up

do you have pics of the 3 pairs

ones you were wearing

ones trying but not buying

ones you bought 

Regards

James

Good choices. I like them both. Have fun. The more you wear in public, the easier it is. After a while you'll stop looking whether people are noticing and just go about your business. You might even be disappointed that nobody says anything!

Thanks for posting about your experience.

Steve

I have a pair of Nine West booties quite similar to those, but the heel is thicker.  Right about 4.5" on the height, and I have to say, my ankles get quite fatigued when I walk much in them.  I have worn them into a few stores, and the first time I was close to hobbling on the way out - rank amateur I guess!  I think I'd need a lot more time in heels of that height to feel comfortable in them.  Meanwhile, I think I'll dial down and stick with nothing over 4" for now!  I used to shop Nine West quite a bit.  Then they closed a couple of their outlets in my area, and the ones left rarely if ever have a size 12 in the store - very disappointing.  I think they are well used to guys in the store, as I never had a problem.

9 hours ago, RonC said:

I have a pair of Nine West booties quite similar to those, but the heel is thicker.  Right about 4.5" on the height, and I have to say, my ankles get quite fatigued when I walk much in them.

Yea, I'm not up for the higher heels yet.  My shoes I have been walking around in have a 3.5 inch heel.  That was one of the reasons I was specifically looking for 4.5 inch heels and higher from Nine West the other day.

Another great outing tonight. I wore the same Clarks booties and boot cut jeans (different pair of jeans though ;)  ).  But I wanted to push myself in terms of the amount of people and crowds, so I headed for Downtown Disney this evening.  Downtown Disney was not super crowded like on weekend or holidays, but there were a lot of people. 

I walked around and shopped for about two hours.  I believe a few people noticed I was wearing high heels, such as when I was in the LEGO store and squatted down to look on the lower shelves and the heels were fully visible.  I talked to other people in the stores as we browsed over the souvenirs.  Especially the ones related to the new Star Wars movie.  I even bought a few for the kids.  No comments or looks about the heels, I had no clue if anyone even noticed.

It was interesting walking around on the main drag though, there were people doing all kinds of things, walking of course in all kind of directions, sitting and eating, sitting on park benches looking around (tired of walking ;)  ).  The one part I was the most self-conscious was when I happened to join the crowd of people exiting the park, a mass of people walking in one direction, I was wondering if the people walking behind me noticed the heels, either by sight or sound.  I also happened to be watching a woman in front of me who was wearing a really nice pair of high heeled booties, they looked higher than 3.5 in, and about an inch wide.  Watching her walk in the shoes made me wonder if there was someone behind me watching me.  Probably not, but the thought occurred to me.  Basically, hundreds, if not thousands of people sitting, standing, and walking around with the opportunity to see what I was wearing if they were looking down.  I basically made it through the gauntlet with nary a bruised ego. 

Basically was enjoying the moment enough that I wore the heels into a restaurant.  The only comment was my waitress saying I was wearing nice shoes. ;)  I'd say a pretty good outing.

On 2 December 2015 at 21:06:57, RonC said:

I have a pair of Nine West booties quite similar to those, but the heel is thicker.  Right about 4.5" on the height

Hi Ron,

I'm always on the look out for block heeled boots that could work in a masculine way.

Are these still available, and can you provide a link? If not, it would be nice to see a picture and know their name.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I just had a great past two evenings. I brought a pair of brown Clarks Lida Sayer high heel ankle boots on my trip.

First night, Tuesday after work, got back to the hotel to change my shoes for the evening.  I walked out the front door of the hotel, during a busy part of the day where other people are also coming back for the evening.  A lot of other people here on business.  I wore only my boots and brought no other shoes so I cannot chicken out last minute. First stop was something to eat.   If I want to eat, I have to walk in no matter how crowded a restaurant may be. I went to a local Olive Garden, there was a short wait for a table, and I was standing around with a few other people waiting for tables.  If people looked, they could easily have seen I was wearing a heeled boot.  But I really do not know if anyone noticed. The dinner was good, I sat in a booth with my legs out straight and crossed, the Levis riding up high.  But I doubt any one saw, I did not stick them out into the aisle or anything.  Very uneventful.

Afterwards, I went to the local mall, planning to look check out the high heeled shoes in Dillard’s and Macys.  I intentionally walked into the JC Penney’s on the opposite side of the mall so that I would have to walk the length of the mall out in view of everyone.  I assume some people may have noticed.  I checked out Dillard’s first.  I took my time walking around the shoe department, picking up a few heels to look at closer.  I did not see anything I really wanted to try on.  Definitely not to buy tonight.  The saleslady asked if I was OK, I told her yes, just browsing, and that was it.  I moved on towards Macys which meant another trip out in the mall.  Macys had even less than I would have been interested in.  I took my time waling back through the mall.  I made a stop at the local supermarket next, walking across the entire store looking for what I needed. By this time, I’d been out for about 4 hours and needed to get back to the hotel to prepare for the next day.  Walked in, went into the little hotel store, bought some drinks.  Other people were walking around.

Tonight, same start, except I went to a Longhorn Steakhouse near another mall about 23 miles away.  This place was way crowded.  I had to wait 40 minutes for a table.  After a long day standing most of the time, I do not want to sit at the bar.  I got to sit after about 10 minutes, and for the next 30 minutes, my heels were out for everyone to see. I noticed a few people look, but no comments.  The table I had, tuned out to be a half booth next to the bar.  Sitting in the booth part, I was 10 feet away facing everyone sitting and waiting for their table.  I know if they cared to notice, they would be able to see my shoes, I had noticed the shoes of a woman who had sat there before me while I was sitting waiting for my table.  Steak and beer was good.  Before leaving, I hit the rest room which meant I had to walk the entire restaurant and back.  Afterwards made a repeat of the previous night at this mall.  Same plan, walked the entire mall to get the stores.  At Dillard’s, it was empty of the customers and the sales girl asked if I needed anything. I said I was browsing, to which she asked for who.  At this point she noticed my shoes and suggested myself, which I said yes. I browsed a bit, but did not really see much.  I did stop and pick up a high heeled boot to look at.  The sales lady saw and asked if I wanted to try it on.  I knew I was not going to buy it, but why not try it for the fun.  She got it for me and I walked around for a few minutes.  We talked for a few minutes, she said I was the first man for her to look at buying heels to wear for himself.  But she was OK with it.  I had a pretty good time.  After leaving the mall I ran over to a Barnes and Noble where I checked out a few books for about 40 minutes.  Then it was time for more work at the end of the night.

It's been a pretty good trip so far.

IMG_4756s.jpg

IMG_4759s.jpg

• Like 4

Wearing those long jeans and boots, you must be in a cool area. Here it's been in the mid 90's the last several days. The only heels I'm wearing are heeled sandals with women's shorts. I have no problem going out in public wearing heels with shorts. Yes I do get some looks, but I just go about my business, as usual. BTW, the boots look nice. They are a nice look for cooler fall temps. Enjoy them.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

9 hours ago, TXGuy said:

IMG_4759s.jpg

Nice looking boots and they go great with the jeans.  It sounds like you are having a good time wearing them.  It sounds like you are caught in the trap of not wanting people to notice but being disappointed if they don't notice.  Just be sure you present yourself with confidence.  Presenting the "These are my shoes" image goes a long way towards having fun and even getting complements.

If in your shoe shopping you find a nice pair of kneehigh or OTK boots to wear over your jeans, this would be a great time to wear them.

Yes, it is hot. Down here in FL.

Heading out today. On the way to the airport, stopped of at a newer, larger mall near the airport. I was wearing my regular Levis, not the boot it, so there was a good two inches of heel showing. No hiding them now. It was lunch time and was it busy. Not Christmas time busy, but the parking lots looked pretty full and people going in and out. It was just about 12 noon/lunchtime. I hesitated a bit, but finally put my heeled boots on and got out of the car. Walked in with others. I did the same as the last two days, except the shoe departments all had at least 10+ people in them. I took my time browsing, but the sales people were to busy to talk to, and there wasn't anything I wanted to try on. I also browsed the Nine West store.   I walked the entire mall with no problem. Two of the sales people you see selling things in the middle of the mall tried to get me to stop after they noticed my boots, but I had to get to the airport. Pretty good stop.

Seems like you are having a great time looking great in boots and levis!  Wish you were on one of my flights between MIA and DFW!  I just came up from the hotel restaurant in my 4" block heel thrift store boots.  Good looking boots, just wish the plastic heels were a little quieter....Will probably go back down in a few hours when it cools down a bit to have a smoke outside....