Lunch break in heels

Hansi1973

I am in the lucky position to have a short distance between home and office. Therefor I am most often taken the bicycle (~20min), instead of bus (~20min + 10+10 walk) or car (during rush hour up to 40min).

And sometimes I am alone in the office, so I can do whatever I want or wear. :)

Today, I used the lunch break, to get something to eat at the supermarket and than rode to the nature sanctuary/ preserve area, to relax.

I took of my boring "men" shoes and slipped into some pumps. Ahhh...! That´s like a small holiday!

http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=hansi1973_mittagspauseamqq.jpg

So I ate there, studied the newspaper, got back to my other shoes and went back to the office.

When the office closed, I changed the shoes again and went back home. During this ride I decided to go into the city, in one of my favorite stores, because I had seen some models I wanted to try.

I entered the pedastrian zone and walked on heels through the city. COOL!

And noone took any notice or at least they ignored or mumbled too silent...

I went into that stor in pumps.

I did that already several times, but then I drove to an outlet some far away. Today I faced once again the risk, to be seen by one of my neighbours, colleagues, parents of other children we know by kindergarten or school. But as I said there was not really someone that stared, giggled or whatever. No.

What a pitty! I go on stage and don´t get the audience! :wave:

I tried several pairs of shoes and selected one and brought it to the desk.

Even the sales lady did not mention that I wore heels. As always they try to make additional sales by accessories (polish, in-soles, etc.).

"If these shoes are too high or uncomfortable for the lady, I propose some gel insoles..."

"Thank you. I am the "lady", I have already enough of that insoles at home and I don´t need them."

She looked a lit bit unsure, but that´s it!

I walked till the end of the pedastrian zone, near home. And there was still no offensive reaction.

F*CK! you want to say. I have the nerve to walk in heels through my home town and nobody notices?!?! Do I have to wear a mini-skirt and pink stilettos, before someone will react?!

:)

But on the other hand it shows again: it is possible to walk in high heeled "Ladies" shoes through the world, without getting teased, not be treated like an alien or pervert.

I am already looking forward for the next occasion.

Have a nice weekend/ Pentecost!

Get on your heels and enjoy life!

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

F*CK! you want to say. I have the nerve to walk in heels through my home town and nobody notices?!?! Do I have to wear a mini-skirt and pink stilettos, before someone will react?!

A micro skirt and thigh boots don't get much reaction when I wear them. :)

There is also the ancient proverb: Be careful what you wish for.

However, sounds like you had a fun outing, and on a bike no less.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I think a lot of us who wear heels now and again secertly want somebody to say something or really notice I know I do, and when you wear your heels after a long time of I'am going to do this no matter what, you get a bit disapointed, I know because I have done just that. Or you say I will wear my heels today and then chicken out at the last minute, but as the day has gone on you say to yourself I could have worn heels all day and nobody would have noticed, how many days has that happened and you and have regetted not wearing your heels and next time you think I will. I WILL DO THIS. And you do and nothing happens. Bit of a let down but you carry on. So you wear your heels again and again and it gets easier.

life is not a rehearsal

Congratulations on your outing. It too sometimes surprises me that more people don't verbally address me when I am out in high heels. But I do enjoy all the looks, stares, chuckles, and comments that I receive when I am out-and-about in high heels. Have fun on your next outing.

Be careful what you wish for.

You are right. In the end I do not want big attention or be known as the "strange guy on high heels" in this city.

Honestly, this should be the maximum reaction: taking notice, be astonished, do look again to convince yourself, asking yourseld 'why is he doing this?`and that´s it.

Isn´t it, what most of us want? To be seen and recognized for wearing unsual "men´s shoes", but not be cheated, offended, or even victim of violence.

But on the other hand, do we not sometimes hope, to receive some feedback? Like the actor on the stage. :)

Last year I had a funny feedback: it was summer, I had to purchase some stuff in the supermarket and I went there by car and put on some heels under a long pair of jeans: http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=dm_1171745q7zw.jpg

At the entrance I passed a young lady (beg/mid 20s), sitting on a bench. If she was not blind, she must have seen, that I wore heels. But she did not say anything when I passed her. So I went in, collected all the stuff, paid and went out.

Behind me another guy was pushing his shopping cart. A "rocker": mid 50, long haired, with leather clothes, piercings and tattoos.

At the entrance, I passed that lady again. And behind me I heared her shocked! "This guy is wearing high heels!"

The rocker answered - totally cool: "Who cares? He can walk in them and it does look great!" and left her alone.

I was innerly bursting for laughing! That massaged my ego a lot!

The other not-so-friendly reactions are not really worth to repeat. Often from people with a limited intelligence. Or especially from those "ladies", that are too fat, too stupid and/ or too lazy to wear heels (instead of worn out ballerinas, sneakers and gym shoes).

Sitting in a park, with a walkway past the bench, three women mid fourties or so, one said " see that guy" then one furthest away said " hi" , must have made their day anyway Another time, a guy couldn't help but stare as he walked on by, must have had a swivel in his neck. It is al good fun and great to hear of your adventures

Blacksheep