Topshop

Acin75

Hi everybody!

I admit, I fell in love with a very certain shoe. It was made by TOPSHOP under teh name of La Rochelle. These heel are just a dream. I wore them on the airplane from Rio de Janeiro all tehsay to Frankfurt via Paris without any problems. I just find it sad that they are not produced any more.

An other type I love is Spice but I did not manage to get my hands on it... or better - feet in it :-)

Aahh... the allure of the

I agree some of the higher end versions of the classic plastic Pleaser shoes base are quite appealing when worn correctly.

Designed for 'tarts' you mean....?!? They are VERY slutty...but then, they ARE 'TopShop' heels!!:):wave::)

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

But the platform pumps in the Shoe Dazzle ad on the page that came up when I clicked on the link are accepted as "nice" shoes. But make some cutouts to expose some of the toes and some other portions of the foot, and they become "slutty"? The difference in style between these and some Louboutin and Dior styles is fairly small considered analytically. I don't think shoes make the slut, and I'm not sure I believe in the word, either. It's more like bad taste, and it takes the look plus the body language and behavior to complete the picture of something associated with sex or sexy. It goes back to the belief that sex is dirty and sexy behavior by a woman is slutty. Humbug! That seems to be criticizing the Creator for what He/She created. I could go on.

But the platform pumps in the Shoe Dazzle ad on the page that came up when I clicked on the link are accepted as "nice" shoes. But make some cutouts to expose some of the toes and some other portions of the foot, and they become "slutty"?

The difference in style between these and some Louboutin and Dior styles is fairly small considered analytically. I don't think shoes make the slut, and I'm not sure I believe in the word, either. It's more like bad taste, and it takes the look plus the body language and behavior to complete the picture of something associated with sex or sexy.

It goes back to the belief that sex is dirty and sexy behavior by a woman is slutty. Humbug! That seems to be criticizing the Creator for what He/She created.

I'm sorry if you are offended, however you have entirely missed the point.

First, what I said was in jest - hence the smilies. Second, 'TopShop' has been renowned for selling cheap and 'tarty' clothes and shoes for young girls since the 1970's....in fact they have built their reputation on it.

I made no reference to what makes a 'tart' or a 'slut' and what doesn't. I simply referred to the overall appearance of the shoe and what I said about 'TopShop' is a fact.

Trust me, if a girl says that something is 'tarty'....and she isn't joking - then you are guaranteed that the object of her criticism is in pretty bad taste.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I simply referred to the overall appearance of the shoe

And by that implicitly stating an opinion about what kind of person would wear them.

and what I said about 'TopShop' is a fact.

No, it's an opinion.

Trust me, if a girl says that something is 'tarty'....and she isn't joking - then you are guaranteed that the object of her criticism is in pretty bad taste.

In her opinion yes, not objectively.

Pussy In Boots, You got the wrong end of my post. Topshop used to be all about cheap and nasty clothes. However today they are a tour de force in the fashion world and lead rather than follow. I know quite a few people who work in design and marketing for them and they are one of the highest regarded companies in the world when it comes to setting trends.

The La Rochelle shoes in the original post are a high end 'workably stylish' version of the cheap and nasty shoes that Pleaser churn out with little regards to fashion or taste.

I didn't mention 'Tarts' or 'Sluts' in my post and I hope I never will. All I said was that the original Pleaser shoes were taken up en mass by the strip/pole dance industry. Topshop, and even Chanel before them, have used the style and all that it implies and elevated it from a nasty shoe to something truly stylish. It's all in the subtle references and style cues.

Pussy In Boots, You got the wrong end of my post. Topshop used to be all about cheap and nasty clothes. However today they are a tour de force in the fashion world and lead rather than follow. I know quite a few people who work in design and marketing for them and they are one of the highest regarded companies in the world when it comes to setting trends.

The La Rochelle shoes in the original post are a high end 'workably stylish' version of the cheap and nasty shoes that Pleaser churn out with little regards to fashion or taste.

I didn't mention 'Tarts' or 'Sluts' in my post and I hope I never will. All I said was that the original Pleaser shoes were taken up en mass by the strip/pole dance industry. Topshop, and even Chanel before them, have used the style and all that it implies and elevated it from a nasty shoe to something truly stylish. It's all in the subtle references and style cues.

I agree with you for the most part, although I still think the style is nasty, no matter who does it...:)

• 8 months later...

Irrespective of what everybody was saying here, I managed to get myself a pair of Topshop Spice heels. Gosh I love them just as much!

In my1st post I merely wanted to express my joy about the comfort the heels give and thus their high quality. As I said, I spend in them 16 hours straight in the rio airport, through the customs (the custom lady gave me just an envious whim :wavey:), then at charels de gaulle airport and finally in Frankfurt. I even did not get a blister.

No matter what slutty or what-so-ever image there might be, these shoes are great!