Stormclaws Outings

StormClaw

I decided to make this thread for me as I dont want to hijack other people's threads :) Ill post my outings worthy of posting here and ask for a few fashion tips.(Hope thats fine dev team,dont want to cross any lines)

Comming Friday a girl friend and I will be getting coffee.We had a chat the other night and she mentioned she loves Louboutin's heels,I agreed and said they are beautifull.So on we went,talked about his heels,showed a few photos of what we like etc.

Long story short I told her I wear boots.Hehe I think she thought I crossdress,I told her I wear them as a man in man clothing and she said thats fine.She is open minded,likes some mens clothing,mens sneakers etc.

So I told her lets go for coffee Friday and I can show her,meaning Ill wear boots with mens clothing.

Now where I need some fashion advice/tips.

Im going to wear my boots over my jeans.Refer to the pictures:Im considering the over the knee boot 4" heel,with either a hoodie and white shirt(shirt showing out on bottom of hoodie),or white shirt and leather jacket.Now its just coffee so I dont want to look to fancy :)

The boots,jeans,hoodie

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/serunox/Boots%20and%20Heels/IMAG0092.jpg

leather jacket I talked about

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/serunox/Boots%20and%20Heels/look11600x1200.jpg

What do you guys think?

Nice pics SC, nice style too. Love the boots! Bravo! I'd definitely go with the thigh boots, I think you could make a t-shirt (say in white) work as your top to pair with your jacket since you said you're going for a casual look.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I like the picture with the thigh-boots and leather jacket. Looks great on you.

I agree, the perfect coffee casual look.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks all,your comments gives me courage :) The boots Im thinking of wearing would be one of the two in frist picture.Ill keep my pleaser thigh boots for later,I dont want to shock her to death with the pleaser ones :).

StormClaw, Your outfit is definitely stylish on a girl and very avant-garde for a guy. Coffee shops tend to cater to a more hip crowd so my guess is you'll make a positive splash on the scene which is exactly what you're looking for anyway. Now go strut you stuff!! HappyinHeels:wave:

Thanks all,your comments gives me courage :)

The boots Im thinking of wearing would be one of the two in frist picture.Ill keep my pleaser thigh boots for later,I dont want to shock her to death with the pleaser ones :).

Ok my two cents. While I am not a big fan of the thigh high boots (Don't like on women or men Sorry) If you where going to wear those then the 2nd picture looks fine. What I don't think you should do is wear the first pair of boots with your pants tucked in. I feel if you are going to wear those boots like you are saying then wear you pants over top of them. If you are want to show off the boots that's fine, and trust me you will once you sit down everyone will be able to see them. Too me and its kind of hard to tell but I think those would look great with a pair of boot cut jeans or a skirt (if that's your thing) but not tucked into pants. Just my 2 cents.

I like the second picture and the thighboots. I think that is a good looking outfit and combination. I don't know how hot the weather is where you are. Here, it is over 100 degrees and I have put my thighboots away until the weather cools off. Now someone like Thighbootguy wears thighboots year round, even in warm weather. So if you like the look and the thighboots no matter what the weather, go for it.:)

Ok my two cents. While I am not a big fan of the thigh high boots (Don't like on women or men Sorry) If you where going to wear those then the 2nd picture looks fine. What I don't think you should do is wear the first pair of boots with your pants tucked in. I feel if you are going to wear those boots like you are saying then wear you pants over top of them. If you are want to show off the boots that's fine, and trust me you will once you sit down everyone will be able to see them. Too me and its kind of hard to tell but I think those would look great with a pair of boot cut jeans or a skirt (if that's your thing) but not tucked into pants. Just my 2 cents.

I was thinking of leaving those jeans and going with my skinny jeans.Had another look at the picture and it doesnt look to good than the other ones.Im considering getting another pait of jeans.Slightly looser than the skinny ones.

I've decided to go with the knee boots that can flip over and be thigh boots.Start of with knee high,see how it goes and then flip them over.

Ronniheels,weatehr here is getting colder so Im all good :) As Im looking out the window now its very misty and looks damn cold.

StormClaw, You have NOTHING to lose, man! If the gal you're meeting doesn't like the look, I'm sure that there will be several others who see you and fall all over you! That look exudes CONFIDENCE! Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Steve

I find the baggy jeans and top in the first photo kind of don't do credit to either of the boots, while skinny jeans and the leather jacket would look more coordinated. I think your idea of wearing the flip-over boots is a good idea. I imagine you could ask your friend for lots of suggestions and maybe even do a bit of window-shopping together after coffee if you're both up for that. Have a great time in any case.

If you like it, wear it.

I think wearing the boots under jeans would be better for a first outing. Then see what your friend thinks of your outfit/choice.

Thats what I decided on,and mention I want to wear it outside my jeans but I need skinny jeans and then go shopping for jeans :).But alas the outing was canceld.We both have to study for exams but the work load was a lot more than we thought.Ill definitley post an update once we go for coffee.

Wow, very courageous of you to want to wear those boots over the jeans (especially since you're about my age...). Looks very cool on you, I like the 2nd look best! But, for a first outing with a girl, jeans over boots will be less 'in-your-face', so that might be a good decision indeed. Hope your 'date' will take place soon, and to hear from it afterwards! Good luck (also for your exams) and have fun!

• 4 weeks later...

Had a very decent outing today in my 5" boots with a 1.5" platform.Went with a friend to a few boat and scuba dive places,apart from the sales people it was pretty quiet in the stores. No negative comments or looks that I noticed. After reading HappyinHeels' thread I decided to try and get out more with heels,even though it was quiet places I felt like I gained more courage after wearing boots the whole day.Hopefully this week Ill have mroe outings :)

Congratulations on your outing. Just keep in mind, it doesn't matter where you go, how crowded it is, how many people do or do not notice you wearing high heels, the fact is that you are out in public and wearing what you desire that makes you happy and comfortable.

Had a very nice outing today in my 4 inch knee boots.

Started of with going to the hairdresser to cut my hair shorter.Very friendly staff,the lady that helped me is also a South African and very open minded.Had a good chat,commented on my boots and how sad she feels that she cant wear heels.Something to with her back or ankles I think.Along with her there was 4 other girls walking by going about their business.No negative looks or bad comments from them so thats a good thing.Think they got used to it the first 5mins lol :)

Next was getting petrol for my car,decided to keep the boots on.Got out,got some gas in and walked in to pay.Two guys working at the counter, the one saw my boots :) looked unsure,took him 2 seconds to get used to it and see me as a normal customer.Had a nice chat,payed and left.A few stares form other people but that was it.

After that I went to an electronic store to look at pc gaming headsets.Nothing major but there I noticed how close minded the people are,for all the things they do here in NZ and go about freedom etc they are still very close minded about a man in heels.Got a bunch of uncertain and confused looks but nothing major or negative.After 10mins in the store I went home,had nothing else to do :sad:

All and all it was a good day.I enjoyed it,really loved walking in my boots around in public.To think a few months ago I wanted to give up heeling because I wasnt courageous enough to heel in public.And now I love every moment of it.Thanks to all the big heelers on here :wave:

The boots and outfit I had on

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab7/serunox/Boots%20and%20Heels/IMAG0105.jpg

Enjoyed reading about your outing Stormclaw. You will be amazed at how far you will progress now that you are "out in the world". I am still amazed at how far I have progressed from the days of ankle boots hidden under my jeans.

I am also glad to meet a younger "heeler" like myself even though I have a few years on ya. And an apparent guitar player like me as well, as evident by the acoustic in your pic. Me and you are going to get along just fine.

In terms of the outfit, I love the boots! You were going for a casual look but your outfit looks almost 2 casual with those boots. One thing I find is that I am now more into presenting an entire image when I go out in my heels. And I am more into coordinating outfits now. So when I do go out people are not just focused on my heels. You almost have to think or do like women do. If you look sloppy when you go out in your heels that is when I find people are more likely to give you "the business" so to speak. As long as you carry yourself like you belong in heels, and present a good overall image, you will rarely be given the "time of day' by others. I have even managed to receive some very positive comments from several ladies. Those are the best times. When you can engage in friendly conversation about your outfit or theirs.

By the way don't be afraid to check out my thread either.(shameless plug)

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/12167-mr_x_s_travels.html

Sounds like you are really having fun getting out and about in your boots StormClaw. Just a little constructive criticism. You might want a less relaxed fit jean for those boots. And tuck the t-shirt in them. You look like you have a build that might benefit from more fitted clothing. Trust me, you don't have to have the perfect body for fitted clothing.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Just a little constructive criticism. You might want a less relaxed fit jean for those boots. And tuck the t-shirt in them. You look like you have a build that might benefit from more fitted clothing. Trust me, you don't have to have the perfect body for fitted clothing.

Funny enough,I felt the other pair was to tight,especially around the crotch area.But thanks for the tip,Ill see what I can find.Tight jeans,fine.But not such a fan of tight shirts etc.I like the white shirt look,guess I have to find a way to make that look better.

In terms of the outfit, I love the boots! You were going for a casual look but your outfit looks almost 2 casual with those boots.

Too casual?what would you advise then?

Guitar player?I try lol.Can play a few songs but thats it,I prefer picking songs.Ive really advanced with my outings from a month back.Normaly wear jeans over my boots but today I decided to tuck them into the boots.

Hi StormClaw, I don't want to rain on your parade but,I agree with Steve its a confident look and I also agree with hh4ever1. Even though you have told your friend you wear boots with mens clothes will she realise you mean high heel boots, and will she be shocked/embarrased when she see's you with your jeans inside the boots. I would wear a knee high pair under my jeans for the first meeting with her, you can discuss heels with her and you will both know were you stand. I would hate this to cause problems or make things awkward between you, as you know it is rare to meet someone that understands men in heels and I think you should go slowly. Happy heeling, Booted up.

Stormclaw,

Congrats on this latest outing. And to address your quote:

"All and all it was a good day.I enjoyed it,really loved walking in my boots around in public.To think a few months ago I wanted to give up heeling because I wasnt courageous enough to heel in public.And now I love every moment of it.Thanks to all the big heelers on here.

This is probably how many of us felt before we started wearing high heels in public on a regular basis. It gets easier and even more fun the more you go out in public.

And as far as your outfit, hey, if that is what you are comfortable and happy wearing, by all means wear that. I mainly wear suits or sport coats and slacks when I wear high heels in public on my outings. And some here at the community (and I do respect all opinions and suggestions) have recommended that I go for more feminine attire to go with my high heels. I just wouldn't be comfortable not dressed as I do now when wearing high heels in public. Good luck on your next outing.

Hi StormClaw,

I don't want to rain on your parade but,I agree with Steve its a confident look and I also agree with hh4ever1. Even though you have told your friend you wear boots with mens clothes will she realise you mean high heel boots, and will she be shocked/embarrased when she see's you with your jeans inside the boots.

I understand what youre saying,decided anyway when she comes back from holiday Ill wear jeans over the boots anyway.She knows its high heel boots,well she should seeing as we talked about heels and showed her the site where I got the boots from.But Ill go with my jeans over the boots.

Ronni thats the thing,you need to be comfortable with what ever it is you wear.But I wont want to look like a slob while wearing heels :)

Thing is I only started public heeling a few months back,all my clothing consists of hoodies,t shirts, formal shirts,jeans and one leather jacket.

Guess I should go shopping sometime :)

I noticed how close minded the people are,for all the things they do here in NZ and go about freedom etc they are still very close minded about a man in heels.Got a bunch of uncertain and confused looks but nothing major or negative.

"Uncertain and confused looks" do not necessarily imply disapproval. They signify that the person saw you, a male, dressed in footwear that is not commonly seen on a male. So it took them a few minutes to process that disconnect. But they didn't give you any negative response, abuse, or trouble of any kind, so that was good. You have to expect people to notice and act confused. It's a normal human response. But it was not a negative experience.

Steve

Cool outings StormClaw. I also related to what you said: "To think a few months ago I wanted to give up heeling because I wasnt courageous enough to heel in public.And now I love every moment of it". It's amazing the weight that's lifted off your shoulders once you find a way to break through that mental barrier.

I used to dread those "uncertain and confused looks" but now I totally agree with what Steve said and I just think of it as social change in action, moving people from the "I've NEVER seen a guy in heels before!" to "Oh, I've seen a guy in heels once... twice..." until it's no big deal any more.

On the "too casual" thing I think it's great that you're out there wearing what you want to wear and feel comfortable in. IMHO maybe you get away with the "ruched" jeans because those boots are ruched too, but smoother jeans would look great if you could find a good-fitting pair. It might be worth trying a similar casual hoodie from the womens department... nothing pink or sparkly, just something androgynous might be worth a try to see if you think the subtly different styling looks/feels good on you.

If you like it, wear it.

Uncertain or confused looks are okay in my book. It's the first sign that the person has an open mind.

I agree with you guys,shafted,sleekheels & steve,it is becuase people arent used to seeing a man in heels.Just shocked me how many people think like that.And no its not negative,no comments etc is always better than negative ones :) Sleekheels,Ill keep an eye out for a better pair of jeans.Most of my boots would look good with a tighter jean.Might try and go shopping with one of my girl friends someday,have a ladys look on outfits. Thanks for all the responses,I take everything as a constructive comment.Friday got me out of my shell more and Ill keep heeling as long as I can