Greetings from Germany

Hi Folks,

my (nick) name is Hannes/ Hansi, born in the early 70s of last century. I am married and father of two healthy kids. Within the first months of our relationship I told my wife about the desire of high heeled shoes. After giggling, she accepted and got used to it. The only thing she disklikes is the volume I need for all the shoes.

I am in the lucky position to have EU 41/42 (UK 7,5-8/ US 10-11), what allows me to pick for small money nice and trendy shoes. And this is also a reason, why my stock is growing... :)

Here is a link to my gallery of what I would call "every day shoes":

http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=99BBuLuE

The next one is about more high heeled shoes, I wear more occasionally:

http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=mCmzuF9m

I am still working on the real high heeled shoes, I own. There are some more missing, but I do not find time (or get motivated) to take pics of the other shoes:

http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=nDkjKWIO

Unfortunately (for my feet more fortunately) I do not wear heels too often. Sometimes I am running every evening or the whole weekend in heels; sometimes there are weeks passing, until I find a new pair of shoes or find an occassion to where them,

Yes, and I do wear heels in public. Not often, sometimes I am blocked / paralysed and do not have the encourage, to step out; sometimes I could walk in pink overknees through the city and feel undefendable. Thant´s life. But the more I try and the more I go out, it becomes more natural and the fear slowly disappears...

For those who are from Germany/ Austria too, they might know me from other blogs and communities, where I often try to ran against windmills (like Don Quichote), because many of our citizens are not willig or able to understand, that wearing heels as a man can be part of fashion or personal style. It is not always "fetish". Ahh.... there are so many battles I have already fought about that and similar topics... I think the only way, to convince other people, is to go out on the streets.

Here in the WWW everybody can tell anything. Believe it or not. It is easy to say: "i will laugh about you/ beat you" in front of a computer, but would they really do it face to face - in real life?

Anyway. I am happy to found this community and I am already curoius about you opinions, life style, and so on.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

Hansi

Thank you very much for your warm welcome.

I just like to add some more words about me, my opinions...

As I already told you, I am often battling on fashion sites, in communities, etc., because there are so many people that ignorant what it is sometimes not believable. You can talk to them, you can have the best arguments, but in the end YOU are the curious freak, the fetisch clown, the pervert, the ...... (whatever).

If a woman is collecting high heeled shoes. Let´s say around 100 pairs, she is lovely called a "shoe freak" a "lunatic in heels" or whatever (I do not know all the english terms for it). If a man posseses only one pair of heels he is marked as abnormal.

The history of high heeled shoes was long time the history of MENs shoes. First heels for riding, up to High Heels, like Louis XIV had worn. Also King George IV wore high heeled shoes, when he made his first speech at the House of Lords*. Since French Revolution, male fashion was downgraded to "useful" und boring clothes. Until today, the classic business suit did not really change sind 150 years! And the "croatian halter" (better known as "Tie"/ à la croate -> cravatte) survived until today.

If new fashion trends are described, you can be sure, it is for women only; if there is a retro fahsion wave (i.e. 70s) there will be retro-styled clothes and shoes for women - but not for men. More and more, women are taken over our wardrobe. "Boyfriend Look", "Gentleman Look", "Dandy Look",... but where is the opposite reaction? Where is the "Girlfriend Look"?

Last year, some guys showed how it could look like:

http://www.riotcreations.com/blog/2010/04/Der-Girlfriendlook-erobert-den-Sommer.html

Unfortunately, it was only an April joke. And it did not influence the fashion scene. I think the pumps look great with the guy.

That men are often not relly interested in fashion is quiet logic: who needs five times the same suit, the same shoes, the same belt, the same... therefor many men go out for shopping, not because of follow ing the latest fashion trend, no – just to replace the old ugly rags against some new ones.

It is very funny talking with girls/ women about high heeled shoes and why I adore them. The answer is quiet simple: let HER go to the male shoe section of that store and let her select 5 pairs (from sandals to boots), she finds nice, attractive and would wear too. While she is selcting, tell her, that she have to think about frosty winter day, with up to 10 inches snow; about hot summer days with 40°C / 104°F.

And if she tinks, she found something to wear, remind her, that it might not be appobated for the office. :wave:

Maybe then, she can imagine, that men are really discriminated if it is about fashion, including shoes.

ARE HEELS “NATURALLY” FEMALE?

NO! Neither by history, nor by the type of shoes.

“Unicat79” (I do not know, if he is active too) has a wonderful declaration: “Shoes do not have a gender.” It is only a question about sizes – not about sex.

Is it my fault if they are hiding the nice and adorable shoes in the ladies section? :)

If women are claiming “skirts and heels are for women only” – why do they not (or only seldom) wear them?

As long as I feel fine in heels, I am able to walk in them – why should I resist?

Because of any neighbour who finds it strange? Or believes, I am gay?

Does he care about, what I could think about the way how he is talking and acting?

Maybe – in my eyes - he is a bigger idot then he thinks I am. :)

Enough of silly talking!

The weather is fine, I have to go out in heels!

Have a nice evening so far!

HANSI

*: Source: http://histclo.com/bio/b/bio-brum.html

specifically this pair

here (clicky) that I would be hard pressed to step out of every day. Where did you get them from?

From such an cheap fahsion store, where they sell those cheap chinese shoes. On top - the shoes were reduced. I paid about 5 EUR ~ 4,44 GBP ~ 7,29 USD.

But with chinese shoes you have to be careful: Two years ago I bought a pair of truly nice pumps with a long pointed toe, thin heels, in 'camel'. THey - everything fine. But they were smelling...! Do you know "Carbolineum"?

I tried my very best - I put them for several weeks on the balkony, I put them at 80°C in the oven - to let the smell comes out. Impossible!

Very sad, to throw away shoe, I had not really worn. Probably I should have handled them as "hazadrdous waste". Anyway. Even if it is nearly impossible, to get feet cancer - these shoes will do! I am sure.

But the pair above is okay. It does not smell bad, strange,etc.

• 2 months later...