Your maximum heel height

XtremeHeels

Maximum walkable heel height  

338 members have voted

1. 1. Maximum walkable heel height

I can walk in 18cm heels..but I have to admit that I do have some difficulties to make my way in them..so they are definately not walkable for everyday use. 15cm is the maximum heelheight I can walk on a whole day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xlheel said:

Voted 5-6 inch, as I would call it more a totter than a walk when I get beyond 14-16 cm effective height. Would love to be able to walk in 18cm/7 inch heels.

Well if you practise hard you shold be able to change from tottering to walking when you walk on effective 14cm an up. When I wear my 18cm I can call it walking.. although a very slow walk and I also do have to be very carefull where I place my feet... but its not in the way that I call it tottering.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

my current max is 5.5" which I am Ok to walk on but which are still challenging, especially on uneven ground. I do not wear stilettos since I think they don't work for a chunky guy. I do possess 18cm and 20cm heels, but no hope of walking in them at the moment. next stop is 6" or 16 cm, we'll see

• 4 weeks later...

I have walked in various heights

5 miles in a pair of 7.5 inch block heels with a 4 inch platform.  10 miles in 6 inch stiletto heels with a 1.75 inch platform.  done a half marathon in a pair of 4 inch block heels with a 1 inch platform and i also wore the same shoes every day for a whole month wearing hem for at leas 8 hours per day. they are the heels I'm wearing in my avatar

in august i am walking 5 miles in a pair of 7 inch stilettos with a 2 inch platform.

if you asked me which i would chose to wear on a daily basis i would say around 3.5 inch elevation with a block heel for stability

I have size UK 10 feet

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, krazykev64 said:

I have walked in various heights

5 miles in a pair of 7.5 inch block heels with a 4 inch platform.  10 miles in 6 inch stiletto heels with a 1.75 inch platform.  done a half marathon in a pair of 4 inch block heels with a 1 inch platform and i also wore the same shoes every day for a whole month wearing hem for at leas 8 hours per day. they are the heels I'm wearing in my avatar

in august i am walking 5 miles in a pair of 7 inch stilettos with a 2 inch platform.

if you asked me which i would chose to wear on a daily basis i would say around 3.5 inch elevation with a block heel for stability

I have size UK 10 feet

Wow, that is very impressive. Thanks for sharing some of the adventures of you in your heels!!!

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

6 hours ago, Xtreme Heels said:

Wow, that is very impressive. Thanks for sharing some of the adventures of you in your heels!!!

The heels in my avatar are amazingly comfortable.  I wore them every day for 31 days at least 8 hours per day.  The only exception was if I was driving.  During the month, I wore them barefooted, with sports socks as well as pop socks or stockings (as in avatar) and I found them very easy to walk in.  The only problem I had is that the straps buckle elastic snapped so I repaired them using stronger elastic.

I would love to be able to afford a pair of boots with a 3 to 3.5 inch block heel. Something like this one would be ideal.  The problem is getting a boot that will fit me

boot.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Yes" normal shops" don't carry shoes with heigher than 4".Special online shops do. 

Being a 12 US women size,6.5" at home for a few hours is possible 

6" in hotels or airports with short connexion 

5.5" all day long in most situations 

4.5 to 5" walking in the city 

• Like 1

I just voted 4 to 5 inches

I wear this height every day, and higher if its special occasion or I want to be a bit higher !

I wear stilettos almost always - mind you I don't believe they are any harder to wear, in my experience the height is the main factor before the heel style. The benefit of a standard stiletto pump is they have no weight so they are much more comfortable to wear, and they have flexibility unlike platforms. Almost all of my heels are no bigger than 5mm wide on the heel, one or two are around 7mm, some are around 3.5mm I think.

• Like 1