Your maximum heel height

XtremeHeels

Maximum walkable heel height  

338 members have voted

1. 1. Maximum walkable heel height

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I have small feet so the best I can manage to wear all day is 5" without a platform. Most of my heels for everyday are about 4". I can totter around the house in 6" heels to make hubby happy but I'd fall over walking down the street in them. LOL. I'm only 5'3" too so I could do with the extra height. When I'm out partying I wear 6" platforms for a bit of extra confidence.

• 2 months later...

Ha, that depends on how long you wear them for.

I can mange five inches comfortably but then my feet are smaller than yours.

I find that anything higher than five begins to affect my ability to glide.

six inch heels just seem to push my foot further forward more than up and leave me feeling unbalanced.

What size?

Pics?

Its all relative to shoe size.

4 inches for a size 5 might be someones limit as to if that same person wore a size 10.

Then it might b 6 inches.

Also, you have to subtract any platform.

For me, size 9. 3 3/4 to 4 is a great all day heel, and my limit. Due t an injury to my left

Ankle, it reaches its limit well before my right. Other wise 4 1/2 would be about the limit.

The shoe design can even make a difference.

I just went thru all my shoes. Some that are 4 inches wear like they are a

1/4 inch higher, some that are 4 wear like they are a little lower.

• 5 months later...

At this time, my highest heels without platform are 4 1/2 inches. It took a long time, and a lot of practice, but they are now actually comfortable. When I first got them, I thought there was no way. I just took it little by little, and finally, they have passed my acid test, which is that I must be able to walk at least 2 miles (3.2 km) in them in reasonable comfort, or I'll get rid of them. I also have a pair of 5 1/2 inch pumps with a 1 inch platform, which amounts to the same thing. I'd like to work up to 5 inches, no platform, but I am not sure my toes will bend at that angle and feel very comfortable. Only time will tell.

I am working my way up to a five inch heel(the slides in the picture)  they are 5 inches no platform.   My concern as when I started wearing high heels is when  I am walking around the house for practice is I can hear a small pop down by my ankle (if I correct the way I walk the sound does go away) I like the fact I am able to wear high heels higher than any of the girls I work with. ( I think my goal was too wear sandals or high heels with no platform.)   needless to say I am comfortable  just wearing heels regardless if they are less than five inches on the heel.   And I do want thank this  site (High Heel Place)  for showing that heels can be enjoyable (it does make me feel good about my-self 0   And i enjoy looking down at my feet too see a pretty pair of Sandals or High heels with a nice color of nail polish too boot!       working up to a higher heel is fun for Me! Wearimng heels is something I wanted to do for along time.  And now I am doing it   Thank-you again!

I worked my way up to wearing 7" pumps a few years ago. They are difficult to get used to wearing and it took me months to be able to wear them for long periods. While I still own several pairs, I don't wear them very much anymore. My regular shoes have 4" heels which I find comfortable and can wear for hours on end. I still wear my 5" and 6" heels on special occasions And I am satisfied just being able to wear my "girls" shoes every every where I go .

Edited by Bubba136

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 weeks later...

I put 4 to 5 inch.  The reason is simple.  I have never tried to walk in anything higher than 4.5 elevation.  I have walked 10 miles in a pair of platforms that had a 1.5 inch platform and 6 inch heels. There again if I can walk that far in those I think I could possibly walk in a pair of 6 inch heels but nowhere near as far.  I also believe that the larger your feet the easier it is to walk in heels of a given height.  I'm a UK10.  If I was a UK15 then they would of been even easier to walk in.

My dream is to attempt to walk in the worlds highest heels.  Apparently they only have a 3 inch elevation.  The problem is balance.  The heels are 20 inches  WOW.  Now you know why my user name is Krazy Kev

I seem to be comfortable in a 4" slope regardless of platform height. I've been out in these heights and seem to be OK but I do have to be a bit more carefull of the terrain.

I think the real question is to define walk. I saw this lady in very hi heels struggling to walk, pretty much taking half steps. I told her I like her shoes which I got a positive response to. Then I asked, stupidly if her feet hurt. She said no, trying not to fall.

I can walk in my domina 2020 boots which have a 5.7/8 inch heel no problem, actually wearing them to coffee w my female friend this morning, have some jeans that cover them completely which allows me to wear them in a busy downtown

I can walk in my domina 2020 boots which have a 5.7/8 inch heel no problem, actually wearing them to coffee w my female friend this morning, have some jeans that cover them completely which allows me to wear them in a busy downtown

Yeah buddy, that is so cool!  I gotta get busy and move up to 6" heels, thanks for the inspiration!  Don

I wore mine with my female friend few days ago, walked a good half km to the coffee place, found by the last 100 ft me feet were forgetting how to walk in the boots and if I wasn't careful my food would bend at the toes even more. After sitting for an hour then felt better but returned back to acting weird, is this normal for getting use to extreme heels, or was it the un even sidewalks on the walk cause this? Its my first time wearing such an extreme heel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I put 4 to 5 inch.  The reason is simple.  I have never tried to walk in anything higher than 4.5 elevation.  I have walked 10 miles in a pair of platforms that had a 1.5 inch platform and 6 inch heels. There again if I can walk that far in those I think I could possibly walk in a pair of 6 inch heels but nowhere near as far.  I also believe that the larger your feet the easier it is to walk in heels of a given height.  I'm a UK10.  If I was a UK15 then they would of been even easier to walk in.

My dream is to attempt to walk in the worlds highest heels.  Apparently they only have a 3 inch elevation.  The problem is balance.  The heels are 20 inches  WOW.  Now you know why my user name is Krazy Kev

In two weeks time i am attempting my biggest challenge to date.  i will be wearing the shoes in my avatar for a complete month (oct 2014)  the heels are 4 inch and they have a 1 inch platform so the elevation is only 3 inch. 

regarding the worlds highest heels being 20 inch.  i am actually in contact with the maker on facebook and im hoping that a pair will become available so I can try and set a record for walking in them.  the elevation is only 3 inches so that makes the platform 17 inches high

post-3576-0-90708600-1410995828_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Well would like to hear from some of the gals. Most of you males have much larger feet and therefore can wear a much higher heel. I have some 6" ballet shoes that almost have me on pointe. I would imagine at a size 7 I could not even find any higher than a 6/5"

• 7 months later...