Your maximum heel height

XtremeHeels

Maximum walkable heel height  

338 members have voted

1. 1. Maximum walkable heel height

I agree with you, Roberto74! I own a pair of 6 inch stilettos with no platform and I can barely walk in them. After owning them for several years I realized that I'm not going to get any better in them. BTW they are size US11. Maybe the guys with larger foot sizes can wear them as the instep isn't quite so extreme. I have heard several claims from other members that they can wear them, but from my own experience I tend to doubt it without video proof.

I thought the same thing when I first bought a pair of 6 inch stiletto's, but then again, I thought that about my 5.5 inch shoes too! I was so determined to walk in them and practiced as much as could and am so glad I did. I think I became a bit obsessed with seeing just how high of a heel I would be able to walk in ( hence the question ) that I kept buying shoes or boots with higher heels. The one thing I have found is that the shoe design plays a big part ( for me anyway ) when it comes to being able to walk in them. I have some cheap pairs of 6-7 inch heels but can't walk in them comfortably. You might find that with the right 6 inch heel you may after all be able to walk in them easier than you can in the pair you currently own!

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

I mostly prefer 14cm/5.5 inches as I can wear them having large feet. Unfortunately :irked:. I can walk in them around the house easily and that made me think I could walk in them outside as well. Well, not quite. I often have to close up the place I work in and that recently gave me the idea to do so while wearing a pair of Leatherworks 5.5 inch heels. At home I usually lounge about, and just go to the bathroom or kitchen. Walking around for half an hour closing things off made me realize my skills aren't there yet by fare. I wouldn't say I was walking around like a whale, but I don't think it was elegant either. Plus I'm way slower in heels then I imagined I would.

Overall a very interesting experience that I will probably repeat. Again in 5.5inch heels, because once you go up, anything lower loses its thrill.

I think it's great that you decided to wear your 5.5 inch heels to close up at your work! Even though you think your skills aren't quite there, the more you do it, the easier it will be. Let us know how your future closings of the store go, and also if you increased you heel height. Like you said "once you go up, anything lower loses it's thrill"

Maybe a pair of superarch 6 inch pumps from 6inchheelsforever. Their altered foot geometry could be the answer for me if I actually still even wanted to wear 6 inch stilettos. My problem is that my ankles just don't bend enough to wear them without bending my knees or breaking my ankles. That must be why people call them ankle breakers.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Maybe a pair of superarch 6 inch pumps from 6inchheelsforever. Their altered foot geometry could be the answer for me if I actually still even wanted to wear 6 inch stilettos. My problem is that my ankles just don't bend enough to wear them without bending my knees or breaking my ankles. That must be why people call them ankle breakers.

I have 3 pairs of 6ihf's special arch pumps. They are by far my most favourite shoes to wear. The shoes special arch really hepls and I am able to wear them the longest out of all my 6 inch heels. Infact, I am wearing a pair right now!

I think it's great that you decided to wear your 5.5 inch heels to close up at your work! Even though you think your skills aren't quite there, the more you do it, the easier it will be. Let us know how your future closings of the store go, and also if you increased you heel height. Like you said "once you go up, anything lower loses it's thrill"

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. Unfortunately not a whole lot opportunity to practice like that at the moment, we're closed for holidays. There's also little chance for me to go higher at the moment, my ankles aren't that flexible, so whenever I try 7 inch heels I can't straighten my knees. 6 inch is already pushing it.

My comfort zone is from 4" up to 5" heels (I wear EUR43 / UK9 / US11,5).

I can walk in 5.5" without any problem, but it requires more attention / effort.

I just ordered my first pair of 6" heels (not received yet) so I can't tell yet.

3" heels and under are still comfortable but too low to feel / realize I'm wearing heels (in other words, when I'm wearing 3" heels or lower, I quickly forget that I'm wearing heels).

And below 1", it often becomes painful if I walk a lot, especially when wearing completely flat shoes : my heels hurt at the end of the day and I need to wear heels (3" to 4") or walk tip-toe, to relief that pain.

Saying that makes me realize that my problem with flat shoes tends to be more frequent these days...

Update : I received my Pleaser Domina 119 approx 10 days ago and wore them often since : these sandals are absolutely and amazingly comfortable and walkable ! Even more than other 5" and 5"5 sandals I own.

I already wore them all day long without any major problem (except when standing more than half an hour without walking, but it also happens with lower heels).

And after a day wearing these, it feels very weird when I put them off... Like I don't know how to walk flat-footed no more, for a couple of minutes, having balance problems and automatically trying to tip-toe !

I then usually put on 3" or 4" heels instead of staying flat-footed or tip-toeing... It's quite amazing how fast I forget I wear 4" heels after wearing 6" the whole day !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Like many, my answer really depends on the view point of the question. I have walked in a pair of 6-inch thigh high boots, but not very well. I selected 3 to 4 inch for the pole because I want to be able to walk in heel without any problems. My wife told me to start small and work my way up. A 2.5-inch heel maybe considered to low for some, but I can now walk in them to the point the wife really doesn't notice a difference between my "man" shoes and the heels.

I do no less than 5.5 inch heels, platform or no platform. Walking in 6+ inch heels with no platform is a challenge for me. I have seen some heels/platforms less than 5.5 inches that I liked and might even buy some day.

I like 4 to 5 inch heels.. That is my comfort zone... I can do 6 inch heels after I've worn something around 5 inces for a bit, and would like to try some of the 6 inch heels with a very high arch..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

• 1 month later...

I have quite a few 4" hhs that I am very comfortable wirh.. Then I have a few 5" hhs with a 1" platform that is so comfortable that I can walk in them for lon periods. I wish that I had some 6" that I could try. Perhaps some one would donate me a pair. I will pay the postage.

On carpet I've worn my 3 inch for up to 12 hours. I don't like walking on concrete and the damage it does to my tips. I do 4 inch sometimes and 4 &1/2 inch too. I've tried 5 inch but they are tough. None of them have platforms. Five inch heels with 1" platform = 4" heel in foot position.

At the moment, I can walk for a short while in 5" heels, but prefer 3-4" shoes/boots for longer periods. I once had a pair of 6" courts but could not walk properly in them. I think it is down to practice, and it may be I need to practice alot to be able to wear 5-6" heels for day to day activities!

• 1 month later...

Well, since I wear my heels in public, and do a lot of walking in them during the course of my outings, I regularly wear four inchers, sometimes five as comfort is more important to me when it comes to shoes than heel height.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I spent twelve hours at a wedding last year (not mine!) in six inch Carvela heels, not so easy on grass after far too much wine. But it was worth it!

Hi Kathy, very impressive...!!!

6 inches with platform or not ???

Will like to see a pics...:wavey:

Nice to get a comment from a woman here...

My wife can do it in 4 inches but not 6 inches and not 12 hours...

• 1 month later...

I wear 5 inch heels for work all the time and party in 6 inch heels and can wear Ballet Heels for a short time ( no more than 6 hours continually standing/walking though ). There seems to a lot of guys on the site who can wear heels as well but you need to understand that with me being a size 5 (uk) the heels will be steeper than yours.

I wear 5 inch heels for work all the time and party in 6 inch heels and can wear Ballet Heels for a short time ( no more than 6 hours continually standing/walking though ). There seems to a lot of guys on the site who can wear heels as well but you need to understand that with me being a size 5 (uk) the heels will be steeper than yours.

Hi Debbie

re max heel height do you mean you can stand/walk for 6 hours in ballets or the still very high 6" party heels? What is like being on your feet for that length of time in such heels? I guess it can't be all plain sailing.

Fred

Its all relative Fred - to what your used to. I think the fact that I am almost continually in heels helps and from 5inch to 6inch is not that much. Having said that my 7 inch scream heels , I can't walk in yet , and ballet boots are actually easier for me than the scream heels. This forum is not the right place to discuss fully but if you want to know more send me a private message including some more about your interests if you want. Debbie xx

I regularly go out dancing in 6.25 inch heels, size 11 US, and can walk in ballet heels decently for a few blocks in the city, or wear them for several hours if not continually walking. I will say that for ballet heels, weight is a HUGE factor because when i gained 20 pounds I could no longer stand to walk in them, and when i lost the weight again i had no problems returning to walking in them. (flexibility/stability has never been a problem in any heels since I played soccer for over 20 years) Love, Celeste

I have to admit I'm not in Debbie or Kathy's league......12 hours on grass in 6 inch heels - platform or not and drinking! - eek! I tend to mix and match, wear my 5 or 6 inch heels at home when entertaining or if partying try and make sure I can sit down for a bit and not walk too far. For work, I do sales events so there are times when I do need to wear heels for 4-5 hours, on such occasions ill leave my spikiest heels at home I guess

The highest heel I can handle comfortably is 6 1/2 inches, but I only wear them when I will be on my feet for only a couple of hours. My preferred height is 4 inches and the lowest heels I own are two pairs with 3 inch heels. I even have high heeled sneakers and high heeled hiking boots, but the heels on each of these are 3 1/2 inches at the most. I don't own any ballet boots and don't really like the way they look although I admire the people who can stand/walk in them. That shows real commitment to wearing the highest heel possible.:unsure:

Thanks for the reply 'lots of heels'...as Debbie said below it all depends on the size of your feet. I'm size uk so if I'm in 5 inch heels for instance my feet are almost in a vertical position already...groan, I do love that look and need the extra height as I'm short anyhow. So I guess its just a question of getting the balance right when choosing which shoes to wear for a particular event. Bye for now, Pamella