high heels?????????

mickeyunc

ive been a member for awhile now and i need to know everyones opinion of what is a high heel? I read here everyday and see post of heels 3inches and less are those really "high heels"?

give me more heels

I tend to think that any heel height uncommon in a men's shoe would be a high heel All my stiletto heels for everyday outdoor use range from a 3 inch spike to a 5 inch stiletto.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I always get a laugh when I see girls out and they bitch about there high heels and then I look and there wearing like 2" heels LOL It's like hey look at my REAL heels! LOL

i agree highheelsgirl... when i hear that complain from girls I often join in and joke that i hate having to wear my 5 inch stillettos all day... little do they realise, i meant the opposite :)

In my book anything more than 4" is high heels. I'm wearing 4 inchers now and they feel like flats to me...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

In my book anything more than 4" is high heels. I'm wearing 4 inchers now and they feel like flats to me...

Doctor, I concur. When I have worn 3" and 4" heels, it is like not even wearing high heels at all.

For me, anything from 10cm (4") would be a high heel. Very high is 12cm or more. It always depends on the size as the heel height is adjusted by size. My 11.4cm heeled pumps in size 41 size are 10.8cm in my wife's size 38.

I would say: It depends. If you are in the habit of trying the highest heels you can lay your hands on (or stick yout feet in), anything that is not close to the record is hardly worth looking at. On the other hand my sister in law has severe back problems and cannot handle any heels above 1 inch. Two inches is already too high for her. When my wife got some three inch heels the comments of her sister were: "how high they are...". So I can only say: high is what you perceive as high. Many members here "have something for high heels" and hence 5 inches is normal for them. But that is definitely not the case for everybody. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I agree high heels should be 4 inch or higher in womens or mens wear.

I tend to think that footwear becomes high heeled when the heel height is 3" or above. For me personally, I don't get the sensation of high heels until I hit the 4" mark, so your comment isn't far off the mark either.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

It depends on the slope your feet and ankles can handle. A 4" heel in a size 5 seems a lot higher than a 4" heel in a size 10. If you wear a size 15, then a 4" heel would feel like low heels (3/4 to 2") or flats (3/8 to 3/4") in lesser sizes.