Out and about in my high heel sandals

SF

Since summer is finally arriving - ever so slowly - yesterday I ventured out in a pair of hh sandals (I love summertime!!). I wore my new pair of Black VanEli Melea heels, a slide sandal with a 2 inch slender (kitten?) heel. Before heading out I gave myself a pedicure and put on a clear coat of polish (if you are going to wear sandals your feet should look nice). During my travels, I went to a bank, beauty supply store, two department stores, a book store, and the gas station. A few folks noticed my heels but not a single person said anything or reacted at all - aside from a few glances. Even at the beauty supply store, the gal looked at my sandals but made no comment. The store did not have what I needed so she sent me to another nearby beauty supply shop and the gal there also saw my sandals but said nothing, it just did not seem to be a big deal. Overall I had a fun day in heels. My new sandals were very comfy too!! For you guys shy about going public in heels, just give it a try. Yes, you will be nervous at first but once you get out there it's no big deal!! Take care all... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Congratulations on your outing. I would think a pair of sandals like those would warrant a glance and then nothing more. They are a smart, pretty, sexy, yet casual shoe and maybe the initial shock of seeing a man wearing them might draw attention, but then it's business as usual.

I've not tried wearing sandals in public yet, but if we get a bit of heatwave I'd be tempted to give it a try, perhaps with my brown wedge sandals and full-length jeans. I think I'd feel pretty comfortable with that in a beauty supply store or department store, maybe a supermarket, a book store, or even a cafe too. Whatever the surroundings I definitely agree that a good foot-care routine makes all the difference. I love to wear polish but only do so rarely as I find it leaves my nails very dry and brittle and I don't want to have to permanently hide horrible nails under polish.

post-29841-133522943458_thumb.jpg

If you like it, wear it.

Steve, I always go out as a guy. I usually wear denim or cotton long pants and a cotton casual shirt. The sandals in my avatar pic are NOT the ones I wore during my outing (although I have worn those a lot in the past). The pair I wore were from VanEli, and the style was called Melea. They are a toe loop slide with a wide piece of leather that goes over the top of the foot. They have a 2.5 inch slender kitten type heel. I think they look stylish and are certianly comfortable. The sales ladies at the Marmi store - where I purchased them - all had at least one pair, and said they were one of their favorite sandals. If I was more computer literate and knew how do do it, I would post a picture, oh well. sf P.S. Speaking of Marmi, they have several stores throughout the US and have sizes up to 13. The staff at the stores I have dealt with are fantastic!!

Good for you, SF! I'm both happy for you and wishing you well in your ventures! Keep at it. :)

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Canadianbeaver.... Yep, those are the sandals. I really like the way they look, and they are very comfortable!! I was out running errands for a couple of hours in them yesterday - fun time, better than drugs.. Thanks for putting the picture up, some day I will figure out how to do it!! Us older guys are not very computer literate!! ha ha..... sf