Article

wood&metal

Nice find W & M. I'll go with the first pair too, I'm not 100% for that heel, may need a think about it. Second nice to have the heel height - that I could work in all day (do they come with steel toes) Third - what heel? Thanks Al

This is great.

Jeffrey Campbell is a brand that is widely popular with the 20something crowd, the age demographic that is probably most open to buying heels for men. Hopefully as this age demographic advances in years, we'll see more and more heels marketed for men.

What's interesting is that the switchblade was originally marketed to women. This men's version, from what I can tell, is an exact duplicate of the women's version. The women's version switchblade sold out on Nasty Gal,

And they are only $164.95 too. I included photo attachments in case the item becomes unavailable in the future.

http://www.solestruck.com/first-by-jeffrey-campbell-switchblade-black/index.html#

Solestruck "Finally, the star player of the JC capsule collection OH BOY. The SWITCHBLADE is a futuristic angled heel boot made for guys with serious attitude and style. Glam rock isn't dead. It's just been hiding. Waiting to take over your body. Low cut and ready for a good time. 4 1/2" heel. Leather upper and lining, man made sole. Fits true to size. Size 10 measures 27.5cm. Each whole size is 1cm difference.

post-486-133522942451_thumb.png

post-486-133522942458_thumb.png

post-486-133522942461_thumb.png

post-486-133522942464_thumb.png

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Certainly interested in the fact that these are specifically aimed at men by virtue of the size range BUT despite the fact that I wear heels and therefore have no problem with the concept of men in heels, these just look like another pair of women's heeled boots - there is nothing in the design to suggest they are masculine / designed specifically for men. If I as one, am unable to get over this concept what chance is there of the rest of society accepting men in heels. As per Kneehighs' first para, I suppose it will just go down to continued exposure by those at the cutting edge of fashion styles to push concepts such as this through to the norm...........i certainly hope it will be the case. R

Nice that there are starting to be men's shoes with heels, but not thrilled with the look of these. That's probably just because I aim to be more discreet. If I was a non-heeling guy, looking to wear these to make a fashion statement, maybe the unique of the heel would be attractive to me. If the JC Area men's boot could be made with a higher heel (looks like less than 2"; would like 3 1/2"+), that's probably a pair I'd consider buying.

I was supprised by the price... Now $165.00 may seem like quite a bit, but keeping in mind that 's it's a smaller niche market, that's dirt cheap in my book...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

It is nice that some in society are willing to venture into their social concept of men's heels. They really needn't work so hard to reinvent heels. They have been on the market for years. It's the attitude towards men wearing stilletos that needs adjustments. Perhaps these "men's heels" can be seen as a gateway to coming socially accepted, but don't hold your breath waiting. You'll definitely pass out from an oxygen deficiency. I actually see these men's heels as another choice. I just don't happen to feel the urge to choose them over other heels that are more appealing, at least to me. I shouldn't have to settle for the type and style of shoes I have never wanted to wear. What ever happened to recognizing and legitimizing adulthood? Maybe we really haven't been taught maturity. Everyone assumes it will eventually happen just by growing older. Well, look at the world. This argument has a few contradictions, if not gaping holes in its logic. Hardly anyone accepts non-stereotypical exhibitions, even though the person has obvious mannerisms, features, and/or appearances that place them well outside of their social expectations. Genuine adults realize where their stewardships ends and they show repect and courtesy for the feelings and plight of other individuals that may influence their path. "What The World Needs Now, Is Love, Sweet Love" is the title of a song, performed by Jackie DeShannon that comes to mind as a message for this world's predicament.

Finally someone has thought of us, jeje.

Although I'm not fond of plats or glitter for street heeling, I must say he has some interesting things:

These are called Lita

http://www.solestruck.com/first-by-jeffrey-campbell-lita-mens-multi-glitter/index.html

And I'd pay 200 for this pair of Area boots surely.

http://www.solestruck.com/first-by-jeffrey-campbell-areas-mens-black-distressed/index.html