Heelster - Out and about

Heelster

UPDATE:

Had to go out of town, and I needed to drive the car so I decided to take along a pair of high heel clogs. While I was driving, I was determined to see what it would be like to be out and about in something other than a boot. Granted, what I was wearing was plenty high enough, but has a stacked heel. The clogs don't, and I knew this would be a major step up - pun intended.

Had to stop for gas, and while I'm filling up, I see a Tanger Outlet mall. I also see they have listed Nine West and Levi's - - - That's it - - I'm gonna go window shopping.

Decided to park the car in a somewhat remote area. You can usually find a spot at the opposite end of the shopping area. Guess everyone parks at the closest spot available, but I wanted the distance for walking purposes. Changed out of my boots - - then the nerves kinda kick in a bit. Here I am thinking "what if - " but then you realize, boots are half the battle - - go for it. Most of these shoppers are from out of town, some in buses, and 99.999% chance of running across anyone you know. Why not give them something to think about on the way home.

Open the car door, gather up the 'nads and get out. Shuffle the stuff around the back seat, and lock the doors - - I'm out in the wide open parking lot with very few cars around. Check out how the Levi 505's sit - - - about an inch down the back of the heel, Still plenty showing. Time to find the map board and look where the shops are.

Most of the other shoppers are in shorts and sneakers, even some that shouldn't be. I find the Nine West shop and walk on in, As a few other shoppers left, the associate inquires with me. Nice young lady with no obvious issues with me as it's pretty evident by the noise - - - I'm not wearing Nike's.. Check out the selection, but nothing really caught my eye. Sales associate confirms they carry all styles up through size 11 until stock runs out. As I'm getting ready to walk out the door, she says she hopes to see me in the near future and looking forward to seeing what I'll be wearing. We never discussed what I had on my feet, but she had to get a good look for a comment like that.

Off to the Levi outlet store where we see lots of people, lots of sales help and prices that look higher than someplace like J.C. Penney's - - - this won't take long. I head on out and walk around a couple more areas and look over the shops. I can see the reflection of myself in the glass. These shoes are out in the open, very noticeable, and not exactly quite on concrete and paver blocks. I head back toward the car, and get in - - Wow - this wasn't bad at all. No noticeable comments from passersby and I'm not at all stressed out.

Only thing I did notice as I headed down the road - - - I don't like driving in these heels.

Sometime I'll take some pictures - in the mean time - -

http://media.kohls.com.edgesuite.net/is/image/kohls/661883?wid=1000&hei=1000&op_sharpen=1

Good outing! Thanks for sharing the experience. The Nine West saleswoman was more perceptive than you thought! Well it's her job to size up customers and she did it well. As to driving in those heels, I'd suggest you don't. It's not the heels, but the platform that could mess up if you had to brake quickly. Be safe and stay alive to continue heeling and posting about it! Steve

Good outing! Thanks for sharing the experience. The Nine West saleswoman was more perceptive than you thought! Well it's her job to size up customers and she did it well. As to driving in those heels, I'd suggest you don't. It's not the heels, but the platform that could mess up if you had to brake quickly. Be safe and stay alive to continue heeling and posting about it!

Steve

I discovered the hard way that the platform was the problem. Won't be doing that again. I ended up driving barefoot for a few miles instead.

• 1 month later...

Had to travel out of town for the company, which means I'm taking along some heels. Had on a pair of brown stacked heeled boots on. Seems everywhere I go now has nice hard shiny noisy surfaces. I did spot a couple folks doing the old double take, but that was all it was. Ended up in Benton Harbor Michigan. Stopped at a local mall and some strip malls after work, and before dinner. Unfortunately, the mall was half empty of stores, ans damned few people. The best store in the area was Kohl's and it looked pretty thin. As I was walking toward Kohl's, I saw a H3 pull up nearby. Out jumps this huge dude. Looked like a Bald Linebacker in his mid 40's. He yells across the parking lot calling my name - - Panic sets in - - - Why is he addressing me by name. Turns out he's the GM of the plant I was dropping my equipment off at. He recognized the company truck. So here I am out in the wide open parking lot. Nothing to do but go toward him. At least my boots are covered a bit by my pants as being discovered by the guys I work around IS NOT what I need. 3 minutes later, we are going our separate ways. If he did notice, I doubt he had a definite idea what I was wearing. I hope not. Otherwise, another uneventful day.

Thanks for sharing your adventures Heelster, hope you continue and enjoy! Uneventful does appear to be the norm, most people seem to be remarkably oblivious and chances are that the few who do notice probably have a bit of a thing for heels anyway.

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks for sharing your adventures Heelster, hope you continue and enjoy! Uneventful does appear to be the norm, most people seem to be remarkably oblivious and chances are that the few who do notice probably have a bit of a thing for heels anyway.

I was kinda expecting to stay another night, but we pushed the job late, and I spent the rest of the trip in work boots - Yuck.

So much for this little adventure. I'll be heading out again soon.

• 2 months later...

Traveling for business offers a unique opportunity to wear whatever I want, and tonight was the perfect opportunity. Got off the job site early enough to be a bit more daring than I have in the past. Jeans and t-shirts are the norm for me, but this time I brought along a pair of womens low rise boot cut jeans to go along with my high platform backless clogs. Perfect casual match topped off by a light but dressier flannel shirt for the temps. I use flannel shirts more like open jackets. Hotel had recommended a couple places, but I ended up someplace not a sports bar. The young lady who seated me noticed my heels, smiled, and never made any additional obvious gestures. Don't think anyone noticed otherwise. After dinner, I stopped by a magazine / book shop. The associate went out of her way to make sure I found anything I was looking for. Stopped in at a Meijers for a couple items, one being trouser sock in anticipation of tomorrow nights intended venture out in my Guess round toe black leather platform stiletto's. I brought skinny jeans for this trip. Not sure where I will go since the mall here sucks to put it bluntly.

• 10 months later...

Been awhile since my last post. Only a couple of smaller outings, but rather successfull to say the least. All the kids were down south getting ready for the fall semester at college. My daughter had a male friend with her too. We were planning to stop out for dinner, so after working on the house, I got cleaned up. I had on my usual casual black jeans, but I put on a stacked heel pair of boots. Since everyone is used to hearing me in cowboy boots, these went completely unnoticed by everyone. I was in them for at least 4 hours, and absolutely no comments (and there was a total of seven of us). Started Saturday college class again myself at a community college some 30 miles away. Being a Saturday morning, the campus is pretty dead, so any kind of heel echo's throught the wide open areas. Took a seat toward the back corner aisle terminal. I find my bifocals work better for me toward the back. During lab, the lady lab assistant sat in the aileway near me. There is no way she could have missed my boots as the leg of my jeans wasn't hiding anything. She seemed pretty casual about it too. Went shopping after class for a bit. Mall was pretty quiet, and most of the store associates seemed more involved with re-arranging store shelves than looking at customers. All in all an otherwise uneventful day.

Heelster, Continue to enjoy your heeling experiences. As you are discovering, being out in heels is no big deal. Most folks don't notice, and those who do say nothing or give a compliment. Yes, there are a few jerks that make comments, uh -- like a jerk. Have fun.... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Being noticed with being accepted is much more exciting. Even just being noticed makes the heart beat faster out of anticipation. But, being notice and being accepted is a feeling that cannot be expressed. I think we all want that.

Yep.

• 11 months later...

Haven't posted lately, but every once in awhile, I do get out.

This week's travels take me to Baltimore, and I purposely left all my "manly" footwear with the exception of my work boots at home. So far I have spent a large portion of my time in a pair of Italian Shomaker Napa Sandals. Kinda like heels with no buckles etc. See here

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/italian+shoemakers+napa+sandal?prodId=295144&activeCats=cat10006,cat20034

Well - they are noisy. Something I didn't notice when I walked around DSW. That being said they also kinda make a flip flop noise, and those combined do draw attention, but Most folks keep going even if they notice.

Last night was dinner at one of my favorite eateries - The Tilted Kilt. Good IPA beer on special, but the shocking thing for me was sitting at a table in the outdoor pavilian, and all of a sudden I have four waitresses pulling up chairs. Hot damned - what did I do to deserve this!!

I have to say these gals were very courteous, but they all wanted to know about my heels. Do I have more, How come, max height, styles etc. That was an experience I won't soon forget. One of the few times I have actually been asked anything.

Then it was off to the mall. Didn't find much of interest even though were a few I could consider. Looking over incoming boot styles, but so for, nothing has struck my interest.

Tonight it was The Olive Garden and a pair of High block heel loafers. No comments but I'm quite sure I was spoted. then it was off to get sheared (literally) I've been so busy lately, I was looking worse than Grizzly Adams, and that ain't right in spike heels. Cutters were either nice or didn't notice or care. There was one guy in the waiting area that I'm sure was taking pictures.

All in all, it's been an iteresting week so far.

Heelster, man you rock! Sounds like your time at the tilted kilt was a blast.

I had a number of dancers at a strip tease place talking me up about heels once. Truly a great time.

Way to to.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Heelster,

Thanks for posting that report. Sounds like you had a great time. Don't you just love that kind of attention from women? Guys who dare to be different get that kind of response from women quite often, because guys who wear shoes like that are perceived as confident, and confidence is sexy.

Steve

So it's another night in Baltimore, and I just wasn't ready for dinner at 6:00 - - - - so what does a heel wearing guy do but find a DSW nearby. Summer sandals are on special, but what they had left was too small, too much bling, or  - - well, they didn't spark my interest. Sooo, it's off to the clearance area. Low and behold they had a slew of stock in the size 9 to 10 section. After spendindg some time there, I opted for strappy, black, zippered, and higher than I was looking for initially. Price was way better than list since there was a white spot on the back of the heel, but easily fixed with a sharpie.    See here:

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/g+by+guess+dixie+sandal?prodId=294416&activeCats=cat10006,cat20034,dsw12cat750002

I've come to the conclusion that Nine West and G by Guess are probably my current favorite brands.

While I was shopping at DSW, pretty much everybody ignored my shoes, and didn't flinch while I was trying on heels. The store was busy. I do believe there was a couple guys kinda wondering why I was spending so much time in the womens clearance aisle - - Oh well. Still haven't found a pair of boots that fit my requirements. Have to keep watching.

OK - - Now I'm hungry, so off to see what's for dinner. Ended up at TGI Fridays. I'm sitting there enjoying a Samual Adams Rebel IPA (not to bad for a big name IPA) and a woman and her young daughter sit across the aisle from me. Just so happens the monitor is right above her head, so every time I see what's on the big screen, I catch her looking at my feet - - - Yes, she's looking and wondering. She's pointed it ot to her daughter, They both are staring at each other, and then me, but they didn't think I noticed - - - but I did, and I'm thinking to myself, They are wondering about this guy sitting by himself, and finishing a beer in a sports bar wearing heels.

After taking care of the check, I stand up, and it's clear she's taking a good hard look, so being a bit bold ( a couple beers will do this) I move over and sit down next to her. OK - now she's really wondering who the hec I am.

"So your probably wondering if I actually have on heels, since you've been checking them out"

- - " ummmm (look of shock on her face) actually yes. I didn't think I was obvious, but then I realized the monitor is right above me"

So we talked for a few seconds and all was cool. She hadn't thought much about it, but I clarified the stats - Married with children, not gay, not a cross dresser (unless jeans fit into that catagory, then I'm guilty). We talked for a few minutes, and then I said it's time for me to go.

Back at the hotel, the gal at the counter noticed I got sheared - got complimented on that, talked for a minutes, and she mentioned I found a DSW. She kinda asked what I bought, I mentioned I'd be down in a bit - - It's time for me to go.

Yes steve - zippers make it a lot easier. Adjust the straps once, and it's easy on from there. I originally thought a zipper in the back might be a bit uncomfortable, but I don't notice it. ZIpper clank is evident, but the heel noise is much more so.

Wore them out to dinner. The girls all looked, some guys noticed, but the 4 punks at the other side of the place drew all the attention. Cobblestone wasn't too bad. Slippery spots are far worse.

Pretty uneventful this evening. Even the mall was kinda quiet.

• 7 months later...

Haven't posted much to this thread as I really havent had any outings worth noting.

Over this weekend, I wore my G by Guess Sussex combate boots the whole weekend. Got in the car on a Friday evening and didn't wear any other boots/shoes until after we arrived home Sunday night.

I really don't think anyone noticed. Kids didn't even say anything although I didn't expect them too. Dinner out, Shopping at the malls and chain stores, Grocery store - - Everywhere

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/guess+sussex+combat+boot?prodId=308227

fd1695aa7ea8c6a1505567e0f175aafc.jpg

• 1 month later...

So - - As I mentioned in my post topic regarding St. Louis, I'm out having a bit of fun. 

Drove here in some Nine West Gladiator styled wedges, Went to dinner at a Cracker Barrel in Some really high Nine West boots.

This evening was dinner at Cheddars in my Jessica Simpson Slingback Peeptoe Wooden (looking) wedges in tan snakeskin. Not too flashy but kinda obvious. Sat at the bar for dinner which pretty much puts you right in plain view. Not a word - - Hec, I doubt anyone noticed.

The walk in the local mall was a different story. All polished marble tile with one hell of a shiny smooth surface, which meant a bit shorter stride, but I wasn't in a hurry anyways. Sound was obvious, but the mall wasn't to busy, so it kinda carried.

Stopped in a DSW and looked around - didn't see anything that shouted ""Buy Me"".

As usual, somewhat uneventfull, but it's great knowing you can do this and not get harrassed.