People Watching

AZShoeNut

Howdy, I am sitting in Chicago O'Hare airport, having a beer while I wait for my flight back to Phoenix. I love hearing a pair of heels approach, seeing the shoes, and then looking up and catching a brief glimpse of the personality of the gal wearing them. I suppose it is a version of people watching suited to the shoe afficianado (?sp). Later Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Don't you hate it when a woman wears a pair of low (practically flat) shoes that sound like high heels. The sound gets your attention and then the letdown.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Often do it waiting for flights, the real wind up when the sound is from steel or hard heel tips on a ordinary man's shoe. But seriously watch everything/one, at one level it passes the time and on a greater level it really is an eye opener on how people really move, interact and react on the concourses. It really is enlightening. Dress sense, well that is open to conjecture I've seen lesser know celebs smart and very unsmart even in first or biz class in clothes I'd be embarrassed to take down the dump. Al

Don't you hate it when a woman wears a pair of low (practically flat) shoes that sound like high heels. The sound gets your attention and then the letdown.

Absolutely agree!! It's one of the reasons I prefer flats or high over kitten heels (as outlined here http://www.hhplace.org/everybody/19508-kitten_heels_why_bother-2.html#post274885 ..aside from the person who started that particular thread, I seemed to be alone in my dislike of kitten/low heels)

I work at a department store, occasionally as the greeter and for the most part I have nothing better to do than notice the shoes of the women walking by. Sometimes it makes my day to see a pair of high heels click into the store and usually I get to see them on the way out too :smile:

Call me Tights!

And what if you turned your head and it was a man?

I would compliment him on the high heels that he was wearing. If I turned my head thinking that I was about to see a woman in high heels and it was a man in wingtips, I would be truly disappointed.

If it was a guy, I'm personally be ecstatic. There's really no guy daring enough (even gays, NO offense. Discuss elsewhere, please, lol) to just up and walk in heels. At least, in my area, and aside from me, of course. So to turn and see a guy instead of a girl wearing them, well... me and him are gonna have a good chat up our sleeves :D Now, with girls... well, I'm already break my neck trying to see what the ruckus is coming towards me :smile: If they're literally coming towards me, I quick-glance to the feet, then to them, then onward to my destination.

Formally "HHDude"

No matter in which public environment this striking noise is really exciting.

The search, where got it from, which shoes are it really, how does the lady look like, that is walking this way in the public (sorry boys, it is that way for me).

Is it a young Girly which makes the first attempts by walking in those when shopping, or an experienced lady who expertly gracefully moves with that.

It is between curiosity and only the strain to stand out.

So boringly shopping is, it can really getting a little thrilling.

Have a nice day,... an admirer of beautiful ladies and girls, their shoes and the content of them...

Guys, WE, ladies, know it :smile:

It is all part of the natural process of one chasing the other until the chaser is caught.

Whether you're standing on the corner, dining at any eatery, loitering in the mall, waiting for a bus, stranded at an airport, using the machines in a laundromat, or at any place conducive for public observance, human mobility and form can be an interesting study. The introduction of the other sex can generate a group of enticements. Add a pair of heels that meets your desired terms to this scenario and the site becomes a location which has captured a bit of momentus beauty that is proned to be branded into your finite recall as a standard for discerning the best, at least for you.

I love people watching in general. There are so many diverse and wonderful people around, when you observe carefully there are very few people who actually fit the accepted 'norm'. Everyone seems to have there own little differences but it is surprising how much you can glean from what people wear and how they present themselves. I used to work face to face with the public and play a game of 'guess the customers occupation' with a lad I worked with. We were nearly always right and could guess closely the type of job they had. So I think people do follow stereotypes even though they may have subtle differences. I guess that is what causes us problems when we move too far from those accepted slight variation to accepted types. Oh and by the way my favourite watching is of course ladies in high heels.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I have often wondered if the guys working in the women's shoe department in a department store are there because they want to be or the store put them there. I find it odd that it is mostly guys working in the high heels department. I wonder to myself if they just want to see women all day long or whether they have awesome access to an unlimited supply of heels to themselves after hours. If I were back in college, I would apply for just such a job to get close to the heels. When I was young, I kept my heel hobby to myself and would have loved access to heels without having to embarrass myself. Now, I can just go buy them. What do you think? They there to watch women in heels or because they secretly love them too.

I like sitting in the mall drink coffee and just watch people.Ive seen a lot of weird people and some nice heels. Usually business women with 4 inch heels and a few girls in wedges. Hehe I think I might have made a few people think who is this girl with heels and then they see me and just hear the heel sounds under my jeans :smile: Think Im the only man wearing heels in public here lol

I have often wondered if the guys working in the women's shoe department in a department store are there because they want to be or the store put them there. I find it odd that it is mostly guys working in the high heels department. I wonder to myself if they just want to see women all day long or whether they have awesome access to an unlimited supply of heels to themselves after hours. If I were back in college, I would apply for just such a job to get close to the heels. When I was young, I kept my heel hobby to myself and would have loved access to heels without having to embarrass myself. Now, I can just go buy them.

What do you think? They there to watch women in heels or because they secretly love them too.

OMG! This just conjured up images of Al Bundy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have often wondered if the guys working in the women's shoe department in a department store are there because they want to be or the store put them there. I find it odd that it is mostly guys working in the high heels department. I wonder to myself if they just want to see women all day long or whether they have awesome access to an unlimited supply of heels to themselves after hours. If I were back in college, I would apply for just such a job to get close to the heels. When I was young, I kept my heel hobby to myself and would have loved access to heels without having to embarrass myself. Now, I can just go buy them.

What do you think? They there to watch women in heels or because they secretly love them too.

I don't know if some employers believe that a male assistant is more likely to make female customers feel flattered and improve sales, or perhaps they're just conforming to equality laws. Increasingly some male assistants look like they're genuinely into fashion (not necessarily wearing heels themselves but cool about it) and that's definitely a positive thing. I think the type of male assistant who would letch at female customers may well be the type to be derogatory to male customers too, and in either case it can only hurt sales and put customers off.

If you like it, wear it.