Stickers on bottom of HHS.

I do not know it any one have noticed it, but ever since I started loving HHS, I am noticing more and more woman do not remove the stickers, that the shop put on under the shoes. This is so noticeable because if you walk behind them the sticker show with every step she takes, especially with any High Heels.

That is the first thing I do when we buy shoes, I remove all the stickers they stick on under the shoes.:smile::mecry::D

I agree with pata. If it can easily be removed, do so. Otherwise, why take a chance damaging the shoe, or you, trying to remove a sticker or a tag that is on there with any kind of adheasive?

I don't like to see stickers either. It ruins not only the look of the heels. There are several things you can do (without damaging the sole or a finger nail) to get them off. If it is not a leather sole you can use olive oil or any other oil for some stickers to solve the adhesive. Just be careful with solvents. There are some other methods to get it off and success refers to the kind of sticker/ahesive you have. At least a little bit remaining adhesive is better (and maybe not noticed) than the whole sticker. Be careful but try to get them of. Just my opinion.

I believe women see shoes very often from a little bit different angle than men do:) especially when worn you donĀ“t see the soles of your own shoes so you would forget it even more. but thatĀ“s true, especially if colourful it looks awful LOL. But as already said I would more likely notice a sticker at shoes of other wearers, not at mine:). ... especially sensible to this issue since I tried to remove the sticker from a very fine shoe some years ago and it was so adhesive that the coloured sole get damaged... it is said it can be removed well also with hair dryer or solvent liquids but I donĀ“t have no patience for that.

I find that a quick spray of WD40 on the sticker, then leaving it for a few minutes will get the entire gunk off in one go, though the stink will take a few minutes to go away

It looks horrible, and I dont think that not having the time is an exuse in my opinion. Would you wear your new jacket or trousers with the label still attached? I doubt it and its not how the designers imagined their creation to be worn. I think its just lazy and scruffy.

The angels have the phonebox.

hm, I understand it might seem so but I would not be that harsh.

you see first, as already said, first price tags at garments are visible for one. also cutting off price tags at clothes does not hurt and is easily done without destroying the garment (or fingernails LOL).

second for the most women shoes are just.. well shoes, nothing more! they do not treat them like an object of love looking at it from all sides. If a sticker is clearly visible you can be sure at 99,99 % she simply did not notice or forget because it is just shoewear.

still for every woman it would be embarassing to recognize she is wearing heels with clearly visible price (%) stickers. so eventually telling the lady it is visible is nicer and imo more appropriate than jugding her lazy and scruffy because of that...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks horrible, and I dont think that not having the time is an exuse in my opinion. Would you wear your new jacket or trousers with the label still attached? I doubt it and its not how the designers imagined their creation to be worn.

Haha sendra45 - funnily enough I was at a funeral a year or two back and the young men in suits still had the makers label stitched just above the cuff of the jacket - and one was most upset when a friend pointed out the apparent "faux pas"!

But I would agree that there is no excuse for leaving the label on the sole.

Maybe shops should offer to remove them, as a courtesy service when packing them?

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

it is said it can be removed well also with hair dryer or solvent liquids but I donĀ“t have no patience for that.

Using a hair drier works well the heat softens the glue enough so that it can be peeled off easily.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.