Hiding heels inside other shoes

mick18

Has anyone ever worn a pair of heels inside a pair of mens shoes? It really only works with wedges (I assume). I was out of town yesterday and brought a pair of 4" Ninewest brown wedge ankle boots along. They aren't super noticable but would would look strange. I am 5'11 and the boots would make me 6'3 or so and it would make it look like I have size 7 shoes. Also I had a pair of longer jeans along so they would go down to the bottom of the shoe. On the road I got the Idea to put the boots inside of the shoes I had along. I didn't want to tear them up so I removed the insoles and it seemed to work. I went to the local wal-mart and bought a pair of cheap converse high top copy's a size larger than normal (which didn't turn out to be necessary) for $10. I got to the car and removed the insoles and put boots in them and then put on and zipped up and then laced up. Worked like a charm. Only thing is I had to go to a restroom and stuff paper towel in the toe and around the sides and back of the wedge( where it narrows) to make the shoe look normal.. I did a lot of shopping and walking around and walked by several mirrors and I couldn't tell at all.. also never got a weird look.. Only thing is it made it look like I had abnormally long legs below the knee.. Might be an option for some of us that want to experience heels out and about without being noticed in public..

When I was, lets say thirty, I put some 4" stiletto pumps in some wading boots and went to work as a laborer in building construction that was open to the cold weather. With all of the other cold weather attire I had on, the high heels were well camouflaged. The stilettos poked through the heel of the waders after a while, but luckily they weren't noticeable unless I knelt down and exposed the sole of the waders. Before I wore them again, I put some metal sheeting under both stilettoes inside the waders for better heeling support. As a side note, the waders were a few sizes larger than I normally wear, which meant they kind of flopped as I walked.

So basically, high-heeled socks! Three layers (feminine spirit in a male body in feminine shoes) is enough for me, as it's the harmony between the innermost and outermost of those layers that motivates me to wear heels, and probably what attracts me to women too. But I can see how your suggestion might be useful to someone who wants to wear heels in situations but has to hide it.

If you like it, wear it.

hahaha and that's not a laughing at you. One time in college, I hid a pair of women's shoes inside a pair of sneakers and ran into one of my girl friends at the student cafe. I felt so busted, but there was nothing to fear. I hope in 2011, guys realize the greatest fear is fear itself. People are much more accepting and tolerating than we often give them credit for. And even if they are openly rejecting, most of us will get over it right away.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

So funny that others have tried this too. About 3-4 years back when I was just starting to build up the confidence to go public heeling, I did experiment briefly with trying a high heel inserted inside of a large steel toe type boot. It actually sort of worked ok, but the shoe became really heavy after a few minutes as you walked and ended up looking rather awkward after a while and was not all that graceful looking. It ended up looking like I had some sort of disability/injury or something as I walked in them. Anyway, I'm sure it could be done with the right combination of shoes, but I didn't put any further effort into that as I got bold enough to wear what I wanted out over time.

Here are a couple pic i shot this morning. post-12409-133522941066_thumb.jpg post-12409-133522941085_thumb.jpg I had a slight flopping problem at first due to the outer shoes being too large but was cured with the paper towel..

What really made this work well is the 2 shoes used. The outer shoe is a high-top canvas style shoe that we very light and really held the inner shoe snugly (especially considering it was a couple sizes too big) Another key was removing the insoles and using papertowl. I am considering using a light foam or something to secure the inner shoe permanently. I don't know if I would try this with a non wedge heel or not, I bet it would have to be at least a chunky heel. But the wedge boot worked VERY well. Didn't feel a lot different that wearing the boots by themselves.

It just doesn't seem worth the trouble to me.

I agree with this. I suppose if you are working your way up to wearing high heels in public, this might be a place to start. And judging by all that have done this, for whatever reason, this is more common than I thought it would be when I first read this thread.

Hi Mick, That's a good idea. It's exactly the same procedure used on those "elevator shoes", although I think that the real thrill is to use the boots without disguise. I also have one pair of wedge boots similar to yours. I went out with them once but I found that they look really ugly hidden by normal jeans, as the size of the appearing feet was too small. They must be used over the jeans but I still haven't had enough confidence to use them properly. Enjoy your outings and good luck. Best Regards, Celso

Many years ago, when it was typical for males to wear suits and dress shoes to work, during the winter in snowy parts of the country, men would wear a pair of rubber boots over their dress shoes. Totes was probably the most popular brand. On several occassions, I would wear a pair of low wedge heels inside of the boots and go walk around a mall or something. True heels would not work, as they would quickly pop through the thin rubber sole of the over boot. I suppose a piece of thin metal in the bottom of the boot may have been able to prevent that, but I never tried it.

I agree with this. I suppose if you are working your way up to wearing high heels in public, this might be a place to start. And judging by all that have done this, for whatever reason, this is more common than I thought it would be when I first read this thread.

I was surprised too. Not sure I would go to all this effort. Might as well wear the outer shoes and be done with it - Just my first impression.

I can't say too much as I don't regularly street heel locally. I get away with some of my boots in certain locations, but I have to be carefull close to the home turf. I am looking for the right stiletto for a walk in the near future, Most of what I have in spikes are a bit too much visually. Looking for a basic simple heel that wont flash the general public.

Years ago, I hid a pair of 4" heel knee high boots in an oversize pair of wellies. Yes, it worked, but the wellies were so cumbersome and heavy they dominated the feel of of the heels. In comparison to wearing a pair of heels by themselves, the result was quite unsatisfying. Xa

That is to much work. Just get out and go for a high-heel walk. Have fun with it and don't worry about what others think. It takes guts to heel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

I hadn't thought of Chuck Taylors. That's a great idea! I wear an 11 and have been experimenting with this very thing over the past month. I should take a pic of what I wore to the grocery store the other day. It would blow your mind! I have a pair of Steve Madden "Neely" black leather over the knee boots, 5.5" stiletto and an inch, maybe 1.5" platform. Fit like a glove and are not uncomfortable a bit. Walkable. I bought a pair of size 13 men's hiking boots, same color - black, removed the insole and put my Maddens in them. Just works. Have to wear boot cut jeans to make it look right and also have to think about your gait, make it longer than you want. I am 6'2" and with this combo, I must be 6'8" or so! I took some video and scrutinized it later. I couldn't tell. I am looking for the perfect heels for this sort of thing and yes, the wedge is better, but anything works if you tie down the laces well enough. It would seem what you really want to do is find a shoe that has very little platform and a super high arch. I'm looking for some ankle boots that fit this bill.

Hmmmm.... If it works for you, go for it. I would NEVER do that, what's the point? Plus it looks UNcomfortable too!!! The best part of wearing heels is the look, feel, comfort and showing them off!! have fun!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I've never done this. What I would recommend are lift kits.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

To be honest I cannot see the point of hiding a nice pair of shoes that you enjoy wearing. You could buy a pair of ankle type boots and stuff the heel part with newspaper etc to kid yourself you are wearing heels. Why bother with the rest of the hiding etc.

life is not a rehearsal