Best UK Shops

7inch wiggle

I have not bought shoes for some while (have a great collection which are getting worn out) so would like to know of some decent places in London/Essex for really nice six/seven inch heels. I would consider on-line but must be in UK as don't want the hassles of delays and taxes. Can anybody recommend from experience - with, ideally, pictures ?

What styles are you looking for hun..? Court Shoes....Sandals...Mules....Platforms...? I know a few good online shops but some are better than others for certain styles.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 3 months later...

Have you looked at this site's marketplace topics? Also, there are places like Cover Girl Shoes in London N1 (retail shop) and Sexy Shoes (internet store, but with central London phone number and Croydon contact address). Banana Shoes also have a good reputation. A search on the Web should throw up many more, and you can also try Ebay.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

I have not bought shoes for some while (have a great collection which are getting worn out) so would like to know of some decent places in London/Essex for really nice six/seven inch heels. I would consider on-line but must be in UK as don't want the hassles of delays and taxes. Can anybody recommend from experience - with, ideally, pictures ?

As long as you order inside the EU taxes wouldn't be an issue.

Have you looked at this site's marketplace topics? Also, there are places like Cover Girl Shoes in London N1 (retail shop) and Sexy Shoes (internet store, but with central London phone number and Croydon contact address). Banana Shoes also have a good reputation.

A search on the Web should throw up many more, and you can also try Ebay.

Cover Girl ceased trading several years ago after the owner died.

pussyinboots - I usually wear the classic courts but would love to get some sandals - and, one day, try some mules. I love the higher the better but with a thin heel.

Any advice would be great

Thank you

'Faith' stores are usually pretty good. 'West One' girl's shops stock 'Cassandra' heels, which are lovely - and of course you will find high heels all the time in the big girly shops - 'H & M Hennes', 'Republic', 'New Look' and 'Top-Shop'. 'Schuh' always have a good selection of this stiletto heels too.

Russell and Bromley always have gorgeous heels - as does Karen Millen. Sadly, 'Office' are useless for stylish heels these days.

Those are the one's that immediately spring to mind.....I'll keep thinking.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Cover Girl ceased trading several years ago after the owner died.

OK, thanks. I bought a very nice pair of 6" sandals there a long time ago. They're still listed in the local online directory, which is where I got the contact info from. I suppose it might have been difficult for the owner to update the information, so there it sits.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton