What Is Your Trigger

JSpikeheels

Hello Everyone: Let me form my question by sharing an anecdote from earlier today: I was at my Ford dealership earlier today to tend to a small matter of replacing a bulb in the overhead instrument panel; ...I'm aquainted with a certain woman-friend there whom I admire very much who generally wears spikeheels-usually black pumps-with hot four inch heels but the last couple days she's been in a heavier-style sandal-type heel that were, frankly, unattractive well I saw "K" today and she was wearing a beige-colored stiletto heel that must have soared six inches off the ground if an inch...I got a buzz in my brain that reminded me how much pleasure I get wearing heels and, well you get the idea ...just before I started wearing heels myself I went through a stage where I would see ladies on the streets and in stores in hot high heels and a warm aroused feeling came over me when I began to consider making that last final step between imagining and participating in the experience... ...in recent days, the kid's been hanging around the house more often than usual and my "heels-time" has gone away and hid...so when I saw "K" today it was like those days when I only imagined what it might be like before the pleasure of sharing the feelings added to the enjoyment ..so the question I have for you is this: what is the experience/person as your role model/object in your life that provided the final solution and marks the point when you made the step from imagination to participation JSpikeheels/Jim

It was trying on my mothers shoes (when i was a child) that probably started it all off for me. I remember looking in her catalogues and it was always the shoe section i would check out first! I have recently started wearing heels in public late at night and it is the guys off this website and high heel passion site that have inspired me to do so. I m looking forward to progressing to wearing them during daytime!:smile:

Mine was my older cousins, three of them that always wore heels. I always saw them and was jealous that they were able to wear such nice shoes while I had to wear my plain shoes that looked just like every other boys. The first time I tried them on my heart was pounding because I was afraid I would be caught! Now I wear my heels in public for all to see. I am still jealous when I have to wear my boring shoes to work but I also know that I can change as soon as I get home.

I apologize to those who read my earlier post for my use of "inappropriate language"; the 'tech' has kindly omitted the language but has graciously allowed the post to stand

with best wishes

JSpikeheels/Jim

I'm curious. You can always PM me.

I guess the "trigger" would be that when I plan my day out-and-about in high heels, and as I am planning my day based on where all I will be going, what the weather is like, what outfit I decide to wear, and the high heels that would look best with this outfit, that is what motivates me to look forward to and carry out my plan for wearing high heels for that day. I guess the real "trigger" is picturing in my mind what it will be like that entire day in stiletto high heels.

I think there are many steps from imagination to participation... from my childhood memories of imagining wearing heels and actually trying them on I can hardly separate the two, it's all a blur but it was initially triggered by seeing heels in a movie. Over the years it's mostly been imagining first and then turning that into reality, be it first time walking into the high-heel section of a store, first time buying heels for myself, first time walking outside in heels, or more recently trying on heels in store and heeling in public. I guess re-imagining the experiences can also be a trigger for imagining new ones too.

I agree that seeing a woman in a beautiful outfit and heels flicks a switch in me that says "wow she's gorgeous, but I'd also love to experience how that look feels on me". The most memorable is my pink slingbacks - one lunchtime I saw a woman in a grey trouser suit over a pink top with pink slingbacks and she looked so coordinated, smart and cute, I just had to search search the entire mall to track down those shoes and try to recreate that look and feel it.

Other big triggers have to be walking past a shoe store and gazing at the window display and seeing a pair of dream shoes that just draw me in like a magnet. Also hearing the sound of heels really stands out just like when you hear your name called out in a noisy room or like a dog that's just heard the word "biscuit".

I also remember the arrival of new catalogues, just like alan said straight to the shoe section. I'd play a game where I'd have to pick shoes I'd like to wear from each page, which was pretty easy in the glamorous heels section but pretty much impossible by the time I got to the frumpy sensible shoes section. Apparently some catalogues had a mens section too but I'd probably have fallen asleep if I ever looked at that.

If you like it, wear it.

The "trigger" for me was when I was 11 in 1963 looking at the Alden's catalog. There in the girls' shoes on the next page from the boys' was the statment - "Her first heels, just a little bit higher to delight her; yet low enough for healthful foot comfort." That statment of how the shoes were to "delight her" caught my fancy. It was then I realized, girls' shoes must make a girl feel different and boys' shoes were nothing special. I began to wonder what the feeling of having the heel elevated must be like. Unfortunately, my mother had a smaller foot than I had by age 11. She wore a size 5 1/2 to a 6 and it was too late for me to try hers leaving me wanting to try that much harder. I did find my Grandmother wore a size 8 and they fit me for a time. I got to try her opentoe quarter strap with maybe a 2 inch block heel for a short time. It was a fantastic feeling and being able to "rock" back on the heel and walk was a fantastic feeling (I have seen many a young lady with her first heels do that very same thing and it makes me smile that I understand that). I got caught trying to squeeze my foot into a pair of size 7 pumps with a slightly higher heel and narrower heel and that put an end to my "exploration" of her heels. I got my "thrill" for the next 7 years watching my female peers learn to wear heels that I could only dream of trying. My favorites were the black shiny multiple instep mary-jane styles with low heels and continued to dream of such beautiful shoes. When I went off to university, I found a catalog with my "dream" pair on clearance at $3.99. I ordered them in the largest size possible - a 10B. They barely fit but I finally had my very own "first heels" I had wanted 7 years earlier. My next pair was a pair of white classic plain pumps with a listed 2 7/8 high heel or the 2 1/4 mid heel (they measured heel height differently then - at the front, were probably close to a 4 inch heel today at the back". I was already wanting to go for the higher and in a size 11B. That was my start but not the end. I still enjoy watching the females wearing such beautiful shoes as my feet widened and lengthened to a male size 12 EE ending my time of being able to enjoy today but at least had the chance some years ago to appreciate the feeling of "delight." :smile:

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Especially if she wears a pair same or similar to a pair I have!!!

That's a great point. Seeing a woman wearing similar, or especially exactly the same shoes as I have is really exciting. But I'm not so sure that she'd feel as enthusiastic about it if she saw me wearing them.

If you like it, wear it.

something special happens when we pass from the point of from seeing others in them-we feel a "sensation" but it's one of a sort of "distance", of externalizing the pleasure - to where we feel a connection with the experiences we share with very own spike heels...once we remove the distance between us and our objects of desire and can internalize the feelings an entire world of pleasure and sensation opens to us...

The trigger for me was curiosity and infatuation. When I was in grade school one of my teachers wore heels everyday and they were between 4 and 5.5 inches in height. I always was distracted from what was being tought because I was paying more attention to watching the teacher move about in her stiletto's and just loved the sound when she walked. I would sit there and wonder what it would be like to walk in such a shoe, she made it look so easy! I finally had to try it for myself and from the first time I put on a pair (they weren't near as high as the teacher's) I was hooked. I now have quite the high heel shoe collection and am so glad that I tried on that pair of shoes back then.

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

• 6 months later...

The trigger for me was a female coworker where I work. Seeing here wearing high heel sandals day in day out put me over the top. I finally said that's it! I need my own to wear and I haven't looked back since! Luvn it!!

Mostly going out to the movies as in I'd just like to be me! I've found in restaurants, people stare to no end at my wearing even the most innocuous heels. In movie theaters, they just don't care, except while waiting in line for tickets. Even at an LGTB bar in these parts, people stare! I feel like saying, "WHAT?!!!" to them. I feel like things have gotten worse over the last few years. Well, that's my trigger for blowing up. As for my trigger in wearing heels, it's always come naturally, so any time I was in front of a pair that would fit, I'd try them on. :smile:

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I cannot recall exactly what it was that "pushed" me from viewing to participating. Interesting post though.

I will say, however, about when I see a woman walk in stilettos at least, oh let's say, at least four inches or higher is amazing to watch. I really love that little, what I call, "balance catch". That is of course when she steps down on her heel there is that little wobble (not a wobble of losing one's balance) and then firm. That always gets my attention.

I took a second look at this question and see it this way; My original trigger was an equation; CAR + INCOME=HEEL PURCHASE. The desire to wear something feminine had always been there but the ability to act on it finally came when both these factors came together. The trigger today is fueled by the desire to blend the feminine with the masculine. All of us, after all, have a varying level of desire to experience the feminine things that are somewhat elusive hence the need to heel. For some it stops at heels but for others it incorporates much more. Some mistakenly interpret this behavior by males as the equivalent to transsexual when the vast majority are just fine with their apparent gender. But there is no mistake about the need for EQUALITY in fashion. A woman's need to wear a fedora has no more merit than a man's need to wear a high-heeled shoe and intelligent societies can tell the difference. HappyinHeels:wavey: