What can high heel boot lovers do in summer  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What can high heel boot lovers do in summer

• Go into hibernation till autumn
    • Live in walk in fridge for the summer
    • Move to a colder climate for the summer
    • Hope for a bad summer
    • I'ts never to hot for boots!!
    • Guess I'll have to wear pumps and mules.

Probably off-topic as I'm brand new here and this is my first ever post but yesterday I was stood at a railway station in London and in front of me was a lady in very high heeled boots. And she looked absolutely fantastic! I mean really gorgeous, So, dilema - just look or say something. Most men would say just look. But my wife wears high heeled patent leather boots quite often and she gets approached/chatted up quite often too and she loves it. I mean she really gets a thrill when men say to her "love your boots" or "you look sexy in those boots" or whatever, So we got off together at Waterloo and I plucked up the courage to say something and she was really nice - she said "thank you so much" and "thank you for saying so" and we had a nice chat about boots and her nice legs and wearing stockings and she was naturally a little bit cautious but after a few minutes chatting she gave me her mobile number and said that if I paid for the Champagne she's wear the boots and we could meet one night after work. So - guys - worth the risk in my book. And yes, my wife knows - she accepts that if she can be chatted up, I can chat up now and then!!

First of all, I am female and I love to wear high heels. However, wearing any heel over 2 inches all day long gets very tiring and sometimes painful. To offset this, I usually wear knee high boots. Inside the boots, I can wear two pairs of thick pantyhose plus a pair of thick socks to act as a shock absorber and padding. With this combination, I can wear high heels all day long but I have to admit, it does get pretty warm inside my boots. Summer is fast approaching and I would hate to have to change into flats but it does get very warm. Sitting here at my office, I have on a pair of high heeled fur lined boots on but I am not sure how many more days I can wear them for ........ it is getting so that I might have to change my pantyhose and socks during break as they are getting moist ......

First of all, I am female and I love to wear high heels. However, wearing any heel over 2 inches all day long gets very tiring and sometimes painful. To offset this, I usually wear knee high boots. Inside the boots, I can wear two pairs of thick pantyhose plus a pair of thick socks to act as a shock absorber and padding. With this combination, I can wear high heels all day long but I have to admit, it does get pretty warm inside my boots.

Summer is fast approaching and I would hate to have to change into flats but it does get very warm. Sitting here at my office, I have on a pair of high heeled fur lined boots on but I am not sure how many more days I can wear them for ........ it is getting so that I might have to change my pantyhose and socks during break as they are getting moist ......

How hot does in get in summer where you live in Germany? I myself have put my thighboots away for the summer. Where I live, we have already had six one-hundred degree-plus days, and it's not even July yet.

As I am typing this, it is 103°F in my corner of Texas. I am in the house, with the air conditioning on sitting under a ceiling fan, barefoot! LOL Needless to say, going "booting" would actually be dangerous at the moment. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Some unusual hot days here in Indiana. So hot, I don't think I'd wear my newly-gained boots, unless I wanted my feet surrounded in very hot melted plastic :) I told my self that I'd save the boots "for rainy days only". So then, it would be worth going out and showing off, haha. By the way, these are the boots.

post-5877-133522947136_thumb.jpg

post-5877-133522947155_thumb.jpg

post-5877-133522947173_thumb.jpg

Formally "HHDude"

Not too Hot in London for Jennifer Lopez and her boots.

Jennifer Lopez is all decked out in snake skin as she arrives at the Capital Radio Summertime Ball 2011 at Wembley Stadium on in London, England.

post-1115-133522947233_thumb.jpg

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Not too Hot in London for Jennifer Lopez and her boots.

Jennifer Lopez is all decked out in snake skin as she arrives at the Capital Radio Summertime Ball 2011 at Wembley Stadium on in London, England.

[ATTACH]13148[/ATTACH]

That almost looks like an Autumn or Winter outfit she is wearing. What is the weather like in London right now?

• 1 month later...

Thought I would give boots in summer a try. Today I went to a country music concert to see Jason Aldean, Chris Young and Thompson Square, in Tinley Park, IL, USA. Lots of cowboy boots all around, it was about 80 degrees today, yet knowing that it would cool down to upper 60s at night, I figured it was cool enough to wear my tall black cowboy boots. As summer is winding down, heat and humidity went down as well here, making it an easier decision to wear boots in summer. Sigh, I wish I could wear boots in summer more often, but it was a great night to wear boots.

I must say I'll give boots a big try this summer. They are a great defense against ankle and calve biting mosquitos. Trousers make the rest. ...and barefooted or with women's socks they are not as hot as one would think.

Well, I wore my thigh high boots not once, not twice but THREE times this past week, and even though temps each day hovered in the low 80's, surprisingly, it wasn't that bad. Of course, I was wearing a miniskirt on each trip and that might have helped with the comfort factor. Heh! I think that the hardest part of the endeavor for me was getting past the long established mindset that it's crazy to wear boots in sweltering, summertime heat, that I'd melt in the darn things, and maybe if I wore tight jeans instead of a skirt, I might have.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well, I wore my thigh high boots not once, not twice but THREE times this past week, and even though temps each day hovered in the low 80's, surprisingly, it wasn't that bad. Of course, I was wearing a miniskirt on each trip and that might have helped with the comfort factor. Heh! I think that the hardest part of the endeavor for me was getting past the long established mindset that it's crazy to wear boots in sweltering, summertime heat, that I'd melt in the darn things, and maybe if I wore tight jeans instead of a skirt, I might have.

Must say Jeff,I admire ThighBootGuy's and your courage,but I dont see myself in a skirt in public so Ill have to put my boots away for summer.It doesnt get too hot here in NZ,just damn humid.So a pair of jeans with heels will be the way to go.Did a quick outing monday with a pair of jeans and heels.Looked really good,weather was pretty warm and humid already but I wasnt too hot,so Ill stay with that :)

Unfortunately for me here in Brisbane, Australia, when its summer it is also extremely hot and humid so boots are best left at home in summer unless it it wet like it was at the begining of the year but not as wet as it was where you need a boat to get any where.

• 3 months later...

What do high heel bootlovers in summer ? That's quite a conscientious question for me. I love heeled boots, but I love hot summer days too! Wearing wooden mules is also part of my passion and you won't go out in them below freezing point........ So it's good that we have four seasons and that will solve the dilemma (-:

love to watch them on cute girls, love to wear them myself

I wait until evening in summer, and hopefully it has cooled down enough to then wear boots. Right now, I'm sitting outside at 830 in the evening and it is 25 C (76 F) (middle of summer) and it's pleasant enough to wear boots. Which makes a great change from wearing strappy sandals in the daytime. So I'm wearing a pair of Ros Hommerson stiletto boots in black leather, and they are great. It helps cool things down because I am wearing a very short skirt . . . . Anything boots in PVC would be too hot though, and any of those lined or insulated boots would be the same. I've also got a pair of Annie fabric boots which are great in hot weather - light and cool. Mind you, I tried to wear of my thighboots the other night and even though they were fabric, they were way too hot. Roll on autumn and winter where I can wear boots day and night :smile:

• 2 months later...

Its never to hot for boots in the UK! If its hot, you just have to take it 'easy' in your boots! Personally, I like the way boots feel different in the summer compared to the winter. More clingy in the summer and more lose and cold against your leg in the winter! I probably dont wear my thigh highs quite so much in the summer though!

• 3 months later...