What can high heel boot lovers do in summer  

123 members have voted

1. 1. What can high heel boot lovers do in summer

• Go into hibernation till autumn
    • Live in walk in fridge for the summer
    • Move to a colder climate for the summer
    • Hope for a bad summer
    • I'ts never to hot for boots!!
    • Guess I'll have to wear pumps and mules.

Just wondering what you fellow high heel bootlovers wil do in the summer when temperatures are to hot for boots. For myself I don't think I'd mind if the summer is not so hot.

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Fortunately I live in a warm climate and the only time I wear a boot here is an evening during the winter months with a temperature in the 50F's. Then it is a dress boot (no insulation and snug with no gaps or wrinkles) and a nice 4" stiletto heel. If I travel to a cold climate in cold weather months I will sometimes wear the same type boot. Usually, I am not outdoors except for going from transportation to an indoor facility so the cold weather is not a concernn but snow and ice is.

Summer time is sandal time!! Please don't take this wrong, but I never was into boots. I am a sandal guy..... With clogs for the winter... he he....

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I wear them by nights....Its never too hot for boots!!!!

Yaay...I wear thighboots in the Summer....they're hot at any time of the year...!:smile: (That's hot...like....sexy hot...:D)

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

For me it's good to take a break from boots once in a while. Since I have found more courage to wear boots outside, I have to say I get a little sad to see summer coming. Either it's too hot for boots, or it's a little unsettling for me to wear boots when everyone around me is wearing flip flops and sandals. I plan to take this summer off, with maybe an occasional boot wearing. Right now I am getting as many boot outings as I can this spring, before we get summertime weather.

even if it´s getting hotter: there are also nice summer boots, e. g. made of fabrics.

Yes.

I have a number of pairs of 'Summer boots' made with fabric rather than leather. Two pairs are 'distressed' denim and look wonderful, one pair are Vintage calf booties in rouched yellow cotton which are gorgeous - and the rest vary from calf-length to thigh-length and are in a variety of coloured cottons. They are completely practical and of course very comfortable in hot weather.

They're the devil to keep clean though.....

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

In the Northeast, it gets WAY too hot for boots in summer, so I'll put them away until fall. No biggie, I'll still have my pumps to fall back on.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yaay...I wear thighboots in the Summer....they're hot at any time of the year...!:D (That's hot...like....sexy hot...:()

Talkin about boots with you...."hot" is a feeling :smile::wave:

• Like 1

Elegance is my second name

As a Western style boot wearer for decades, you adapt to the temps. Midwest heat doesn't bother me when wearing them, so jeans and boots are not an issue. Also, since I've gotten into motorcycle riding, (it's a mileage thing) I'm looking for some good boots I can wear while on the road.

As a Western style boot wearer for decades, you adapt to the temps. Midwest heat doesn't bother me when wearing them, so jeans and boots are not an issue. Also, since I've gotten into motorcycle riding, (it's a mileage thing) I'm looking for some good boots I can wear while on the road.

I wear either motorcycle boots (high safety, no style, Frankenstein walking comfort) when riding all day or a pair of waterproof Dan Post western-style boots for work commuting. Not HH, but a 2" heel. I got them specifically for riding since they are pretty comfy when walking and being waterproof, I don't have to worry about soggy feet after riding when it rains.

Well that is an interesting question! But I do live in a colder climate and do have the chance to wear boots almost all the time. Canada is a colder place and even cooler in the mountains, boots are often wearable most days in the summer, however it can get hot then it is pumps, clogs or sandals. Living up here has helped my boot selection for sure! Mtnsofheels

well, my NINE WEST blade heel boots (knee high) are real leather, so a little time in the heat (only these are worn around the house) but my DEMONIA (black avatars) are not and the flat thigh boots I'm wearing right now are not either- so when it gets too warm I dont wear either one of those since only real leather can breathe.

• 3 weeks later...

My collection consists of just boots and pumps. During warm weather I'll opt for and ankle boot or a pump.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

it all depends on the particular day's weather during the summer if & when I may wear any of of my boots (I've got 3 different styles of boots that are fake leather, so if its really warm I wont wear those cause they dont breathe as well as my real leather boots.:)

To be honest the UK is never that hot, so a pair of leather type ankle boots is never a problem, for me anyway. But I would not wear them in Spain for example.

life is not a rehearsal

OK folks, here's a no-brainer for ya-how 'bout a pair of rubber fetish thighboots in a place like DEATH VALLEY!!!!!!!!!!!:):)

Rubber is no the same as leather, my friend. Leather breathes, rubber doesn't. You can wear leather boots in summer; I'd do so in a desert for sure; snakes or scorpions are not very friendly.

I never pay any mind. If the look fits, boots it is. But I do look at the thermometer to ensure I won't have a heat stroke! I've only owned 2 pairs of boots: one taken from my cousin (don't shun me for it!), but they wore out on a winter night. Went to a thrift store in them (pointy-toe, by the way :) and went I'm mid-way through browsing, I noticed that the seams gave way D: Couldn't wait to get them off! The other I wanted to turn into heel-less boots (thanks to inspiration from a few youtube videos), but failed miserably. Before that, I wore them to a couple of places before the heat got to me and traded them for peep-toe booties. Oh! Did I mention what a transition I experienced?? (from thigh-high round-toe boots to peep-toe ankle booties? Ah! The breeze felt great!)

Formally "HHDude"