Boy wears heels to school.....

His friend who was interviewed on the newscast made the most sense of anyone. It didn't bother her at all. By the way, I really liked the slides that were shown early in the newscast!!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

The principal encourages self-expression, but he doesn't want any distractions??? It seemed like the students were not that distracted, but the teacher and the "adults" seemed to be the one's "distracted" by this event.

Good for him for expressing himself. The trouble is, schools have a dim view of anything "out of the norm". I like that the students they interviewed didn't seem too bent out of shape about it.

But unfortunately, incidents such as this one are the beginning of the shaping of the student's views as to how an adult should respond to something out of the 'norm'. To me, it's just the cycle sustaining itself.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

It is really a shame that one's apparel choices gets negative connotations and notoriety. "If you aren't going to think like I want you to think, then you are wrong" is part of the inherent bullying attitude caused by the social thinking society has been promoting. We claim the human race is a higher order of beings then our primate cousins, but people risk being ridiculed and ostracized for expressing or exhibiting any abnormalities not condoned by the socially narrow-minded followers of the present norm. As much as change seems to be constant in our lives, too many things remain the same unless someone or some intervention forces a new or different perspective to be considered and then promotes it to help others realize the necessity for such change. In this forum, we know what causes boys to wear heels in spite of the peer pressure they feel. If some how this information could be disseminated so that people would better understand why some guys want to wear heels just as much as some gals do, these noted heeling occurences would not be so publicly unique and unfamiliar. Now I'm aware that not all guys want to wear heels, just as well as not all gals have embraced wearing them, but this is a matter of personal choice. Until guys are seen wearing heels publicly more than just the few brave souls throughout the world, guys will continue to think such choices aren't available. There are many similar desires men and women share, but for the sake of space, I have narrowed the array of items for this post. Women have been in a similar position when they were only suppose to appear in public wearing uniquely dress-like attire. Once they saw how trousers and heels would fill their needs, women refused to bend to the societal pressures from wearing them. Men have the same senses for wearing heels as women have, even though their reasoned intent somewhat differs. Men are finding that wearing heels satisfies a similar desire they have in common with women, as trousers have filled the same kind of need women have to that of men. The negatives presented for men in wearing heels is the same for women and the positives could arguably be much the same from different perspectives. Whatever the motivation one has to wear heels, the choice should be theirs, since it is personally developed from who they are.

I applaud the boy for wearing the heels to school. Peer pressure is tremendous and to go against the flow is probably catching him alot of heat. The principal may be looking out for the boys best interest but it sends the wrong mesaage to make the boy take off the heels.

• 2 weeks later...

The principal encourages self-expression, but he doesn't want any distractions??? It seemed like the students were not that distracted, but the teacher and the "adults" seemed to be the one's "distracted" by this event.

Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, it's always the adults who get their panties in a bunch when kids display their self-expression. Hell, it's amazing this story got the kind of press it did in the first place, I mean, would a TV crew show up at a high school if word got out about a girl there wearing full-blown combat boots? Of course not! Talk about one-sided hypocrisy.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

- I mean, would a TV crew show up at a high school if word got out about a girl there wearing full-blown combat boots? Of course not! Talk about one-sided hypocrisy.

Especially when the current UK trend of flat boots resemble something akin to that worn by Charlie Chaplin in his silent films and look just yuck!

Al

Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, it's always the adults who get their panties in a bunch when kids display their self-expression. Hell, it's amazing this story got the kind of press it did in the first place, I mean, would a TV crew show up at a high school if word got out about a girl there wearing full-blown combat boots? Of course not! Talk about one-sided hypocrisy.

I don't think it is so much hypocracy as it is about something unusual to report on. It's funny. I remember when "You're mother wears army boots!" used to be an insult.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

yes but it's cases like this with hypocrisy that begin to break the norm - don't forget it took almost 100 years for women to be accepted wearing "male" clothing from Emmeline Pankhurst to the 1960's sexual revolution

Good on the boy for having the balls to do it - God Knows I certainly wish I did at that age but equally in a school, control needs to be held that it doesn't cause unnecessary distraction. Bullying is likely to happen in this case, unfortunately the easy option is to remove the problem rather than teach acceptance but it will come.

Bullying is likely to happen in this case, unfortunately the easy option is to remove the problem rather than teach acceptance but it will come.

Exactly, it is easier and probably less costly to continue and conform with the status quo in the short term basis. Correcting a traditional way of faulty thinking or accepting a different concept that is fair for both men and women is often blocked by those who are unable to comprehend or have compassion beyond their own selfish desires.

I remember a tale in a UK school where the girls were asking to change the uniform code to be able to wear trousers (at least) in the winter. Kept getting negatives until the boys joined in and wore skirts, claimed equality and lo the dress code got changed but the boys lost the option. May be one of those urban myth things? but this was true Stepdaughters (ex) school has charity non uniform days (£1 fee/donation) one of the boys attended in the girls uniform kilt and still paid up. Everyone supported him and all enjoyed the day. Al

I think it's just something out of the norm that people tend to make a big deal of. I mean, it is the general public and I'm sure it's a shocker to most when they see a guy walking around in women's high heel shoes. Especially when it takes place at a public high school. But, if it was something like a prank or some halloween teaser just for fun, would they get this kind of attention? Probably not. If it does become more trendy to see guys wear heels, I don't see people making a big deal out of this. It just happens so rarely in schools that it's something "new" that tends to bring out the breaking news.

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels. -- Faith Whittlesey