Is It Just Me?

Leo

They are not appealing to me. But, judging by the many posts and members who enjoy them, there are many fans out there of ballet heels. I have never worn them, but based on the fact that I move slowly in 6" high heels, I probably won't ever wear them. But those who do wear them, enjoy them.

I am not a fan they are not visually appealing to me but I can understand those who may like the challenge of walking in them. My respect goes to those who can.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

When I first discovered them I thought WOW I think it was just the extreme heel but now that novelty has faded. For those wearers that are into these and competent I do give a lot of respect to, may I mention Richy's young modelling friend that puts on a good style and is not afraid to be on the street and take the challenges a big well done. Maybe I may try some one day if I could borrow but I'm sure many of us are too protective to loan out willynilly. Al

At one point, I was really interested in the challenge of wearing heels of 6" or more (with no platform). As a result, I was also interested in ballet boots and even owned a pair at one time. I managed to walk short distances (maybe 50 feet) at a time, but one of the heels started to crack/bend in the middle, so I got rid of them and never replaced them.

These days, I've pretty much settled on 3½"-5" heels and go more for comfort and practicality than the extremes I once was going for. I guess I still like to see a woman that can walk in ballet heels, there is some attraction there, but at the same time I can totally understand why they don't appeal to most heel lovers.

I love ballet shoes and of course stilettoes, but not the two combined. Still, each to their own and good luck to anyone who tries to walk in them ;o)

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

They really don't appeal to me just as really high platforms are not of any appeal. But, being of a very curious nature, I might try one with my crutches. I did very well in a 3" plat with a 8" heel and wear a 4" stiletto every day for work. I would love to hear from anyone that wears the ballets to get his or her feelings either here or private message. E

Am I alone in thinking that ballet heels - both shoes and boots - look absolutely awful?

Leo

Not at all, I am with you. I like the "arch sensation" wearing heels. i dont like ballets

Elegance is my second name

I think this is a love it or hate it thing. That kind of shoes is often seen as fetish and there is a reason for it, some people love it, some don´t see the appeal and it´s just a matter of personal taste. Some people find it curious, but i think it all comes down to a gut reaction, you just get it or you don´t, like pretty much every matter of taste.