Hardest high heel to walk on

bobbys12345

Mine is a 5.5 heel that has a thin sideways heel and is very hard to stand up in them. I can only wear them for about 2 hrs and then my feet start hurting real bad. I also fine that because of the sideway heel that I have to keep moving more just to standed up in them. I also have a 5 inche heel that I find that i have to be very careful where i walk because that heel is very thin as well. I only wear these heels for a short time because they are so hard to stand and walk in.

I have two pairs (one red, one black) of classic basic shoes with three buckles for show on the toe box and heel cup that are 7" with no platform. I can only just take a few steps in them so they are reserved for bedroom wear. :smile:

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I have some 5" heels that are easier to walk in then some of my 4"ers. It is the styling, construction, and/or fit of these heels that makes the difference. I have some 4.5" equivalently high heels that I have spent all day in while going about my public errands. If I can't walk in comfort and gracefulness, then these heels will never be used for street heeling, no matter how well they fill my desire to wear them.

I have several pair of 5" to 9" high heels. I wear the 6" heels all day long. If I need to go anywhere (in public) I just leave the house in what ever 6" heels I am wearing. When I get to the place I am going (I do not change shoes) I walk into the store,bank,gas station,etc. I average 12 hrs. a day In 6" high heels or higher. Mike

I used to really like extreme heels, and still have a few of those pairs hanging around, but lately I have shifted toward more practical shoes. Anyway, from those in my old collection, I have two pairs that are about 6" or so with no platform. I can only walk in for a few minutes at a time before having to rest and therefore those won't leave the house.

Pleaser's Demonia 101; 6" no plat. peeptoe mule/slide. Leather toe box has let them conform to my foot witdth, but the shoe base, from the back of the toe box up to the back of the heel is quite narrow, making them more difficult to control. Have to be aware of every step. Use 'em only to get from the dressing room to the shower and back. Really cheap shoes that don't fit well. Plan to replace with a better quality pair from a maker like 6IHF. 5" no plat. mules from Sexy Shoes.Com are equally inexpensive, much better looking and, after a break-in, shoe-box stretching period, are about as comfortable as no-support 5" heels get, in my experience. For 6" heels, Domina 119 zipper-trim above-the-ankle wrap strap sandals are the most stable of the 6" heels I have. Hasten to say I have no 6" pumps/courts or boots. I'm sure that would make a big difference. UpBy5

I agree with UpBy5 about Pleaser, they do not fit my feet at all. My hardest pair to walk in are my Carvela Sizzle ankle boots, although I have a pair of the "Romance" boots from Faith that are not easy either because the heels are very high and narrow.

• 2 weeks later...

The thing I've discovered about high heels that are hard to walk in is that it also has a lot to do with heel geometry. Some shoes that I have seen have the heel tip quite far back on the shoe which is considerably more difficult to walk in when compared to more conventional heel geometry. The first attached picture shows the more conventional heel geometry. The second shows what I think is a totally bogus heel geometry for comfortable walking.

post-1854-1335229414_thumb.jpg

post-1854-133522941403_thumb.png

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The thing I've discovered about high heels that are hard to walk in is that it also has a lot to do with heel geometry. Some shoes that I have seen have the heel tip quite far back on the shoe which is considerably more difficult to walk in when compared to more conventional heel geometry. The first attached picture shows the more conventional heel geometry. The second shows what I think is a totally bogus heel geometry for comfortable walking.

Shafted,

You hit the nail squarely. Any heels that I consider to have a type of shelf support at the back of the shoe, like the Christian Louboutin's "Pigalle", take longer to land the foot's heeled position on a surface than the heels that support the foot more centered with the foot's heel. I wish all heel makers would return to the heels that visually and structurally support the center area of the foot's heel.

After getting used walking in 6" stiletto heels (my shoe-size is a German 48, I thought 'try something higher' :smile: Got a pair of boots having a 7.7" (19.5 cm) stiletto heel two month ago. Standing is fine but I can take a few steps only at the moment...

I HAVE SEVERAL PAIRS OF 6INCH HEELS ALL STIIETOES, WHICH I CAN WEAR FOR HOURS INSIDE OR A BIT MORE CAREFUL OUTSIDE, BUT JUST A MEER HALF INCH HIGHER SIX and HALF INCHES I CAN NOT WEAR FOR MORE THAN A COUPLE OF HRS PROVIDING I CAN SIT FROM TIMR TO TIME. SO I SAVE THEM FOR HOME FOR MY WIFE TO ENJOY WITH ME AS SHE WEARS THE SAME SHOE BUT CAN WALK MUCH LONGER THAN I, LUCKY GIRL, LUCKY ME

I have a pair of 5" heeled Miguel Jones boots that I've worn out in public, but only on short trips and to events like dinner. Funny.. I can wear 4" heeled ones all day and they're the same style and fit.. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

The hardest heels I have are a pair of boots from Saverio di Ricci. Heel is 11.5cm (4.5"); I don't know why they are so hard to walk in. Even my Pigalles are nicer, and 2cm higher.

Hi All: Been away from here for a while but am back. All my 5" heeled Pleasers are easy to go all day All my 6" heeled Pleasers, 2 pair, are difficult but fun, as long as I can stop and rest for 30 seconds to a minute between 5 minutes of forward motion. Thanks for Asking Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS

The hardest I have are the black patent classic heels in my avatar. They have a 5 3/4" heel. I'm working my way up to going in public with them and am making good progress.

I agree with shafted that the style and the build of the shoe has a lot to do with how hard it is to walk on.

The main factor though is the heel height minus the platform height (lift). When the heel height is reaching the limit (for an individual) very small increases in heel height seem to make a huge difference in difficulty.

It would be great if we could use this thread to identify features and brands of heels that make heels easier to wear. "Which heels of a specific height are easier to wear than others of the same height?"