Which one of these looks least feminine too you?

ro87

I'm going to buy a pair of boots but I want one which looks least feminine so I could wear in a daily basis without risking questions.

One of them is mens boots. See if you can spot it out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice question, although I suspect it would be dead clear if the perspective were changed. I'll go for Boot C being the man's boot. You can see a low wide heel, wheareas the heels on A&B arn't clear, so I assume they are higher = female boot.

Interesting. If I tell you boot C is women's boots. It would be too obvious if different angles of the boots were given though. Actually I'm deciding for myself which one I should go for, I would also decide that boot C doesn't look more feminine than boot B.

I'm going to go with the boot C picture being the men's boots. I say this because the part of the sole that extends around the perimeter of the front part of the boot is a slighty wider than on the first 2 pairs with the stitching being more obvious. With women's boots, this is usually (not always) made more narrow to create the illusion of a smaller foot. Either of the three pairs could be worn in public with no difficulty as all three are far more similar than different. A side view would make it much easier to tell as the only one who would have the view provided during normal wearing would be the wearer. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I agree with dww, assuming the heel is much the same you could wear any of the three without any issues. Given the angles you've shown, my favourite would be the first ones based on the buckle styling and the shape of the toe. I find the second ones too plain, but they look much smaller/neater around the ankle (if worn with tights, leggings or skinny jeans). On that basis I'll hazard a guess that the third ones might be the mens despite the buckle, just because they have that clumsier male styling around the ankle.

If you like it, wear it.

I'm going to go with the boot C picture being the men's boots.

The third one are men's boots because they are the only ones made on a mens' last.

The OP has already said: "Interesting. If I tell you boot C is women's boots." so it isn't C.

I'd guess B with the stretch top. I guess not A because of the embellishments on that one.

From the top only, any of them are fine, but you are the only person who will EVER view them from that angle, so your question really isnt a fair one.

Agreed. Without seeing the entire boot, it is hard to say for sure.

ro87, Wow, I think you are really worried about nothing here and this is why I think that. You could wear bootcut jeans that nearly touch the ground with any kind of heel and nobody would notice. I wear boots with 5" heels or even wedge sandals and nobody notices UNLESS I am wearing obvious nail polish and that seems to be the key. Otherwise, I think you could any one of these without any concern at all. Go for it and feel good!! HappyinHeels:wavey:

I think some of you wouldn't be too thrilled knowing all of them have low heels.

I'm actually surprised many of you think C is the man's boot. But B is just too plain. And I think my narrow feet fit women's shoes better.

A:

Posted Image

Posted Image

B:

Posted Image

C:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I would say that none of them look very feminine.

B the least

Agree with Yozz, some of them might be sold as "womens" shoes, but they all seem to have about the same degree of a dull non-feminine appearance to me, sorry to say it, but well you asked. :smile:

Agree with Yozz, some of them might be sold as "womens" shoes, but they all seem to have about the same degree of a dull non-feminine appearance to me, sorry to say it, but well you asked. :smile:

From that angle they all looka like boring male shoes to me. :mecry:I was hoping some of them had a nice heel.

Best regards, Stefan

Well, it was kind of interesting in that it highlighted what other aspects of shoes (besides high heels) evoke gender bias... and a reminder that we should wear (and be free to wear) shoes because we like the style rather than what gender is printed on the box. And it does raise the question of: do unisex/ambiguous styles of shoes break down gender stereotypes or actually emphasise them more by polarising the extremes?

If you like it, wear it.