Shopping habits?

SleekHeels

Perhaps this is mostly directed at people who work in shoe stores (though as customers we'll all have our opinions too)... what pleasant or annoying habits do customers have in shoe stores? The reason I ask is that when I've been trying on heels in self-service stores, I always put pairs back in their proper places, but many customers just leave a mountain of shoes in the trying-on area for the assistant to sort out and put back. I'm just thinking that if there are nice things we can do as customers, would that create a more positive image of guys trying on heels and help us be more welcome in stores?

If you like it, wear it.

When I try on shoes, and I don't buy them, I put them back the way they were. But you are right. I have seen some people, male and female, that try on shoes and just leave them, wherever. They don't put them back where they got them. I definitely don't want to visit their houses.:smile:

Whenever i try on shoes also, unless the staff member has brought them from the backroom for me, i ALWAYS put them back where they were, and i'll even try my best to arrange them as they were too. I dont even think about leaving them there, to do that i'd have to purposely go out of my way and intentionally leave them sitting there, and that's just not me :smile:

I work in a (major) department store in most of the service areas. When I am doing lay-by, I often get asked to clean the shoe section.... I must say that people are just pigs when it comes to shoes!! It is so often a complete mess (worst on the weekends). There are often at least 2 pairs of shoes on the floor in front of most racks and even more on bad days. Last week, I covered a lay-by break (15 minutes spent tidying the shoes). I was tidying the flats (there was at least 15 pairs on the ground!! ...and that was just one rack of the whole section) and a woman tried a pair of shoes and just left them on the ground. I waited while she continued looking at other flats and then when she was about to move off I said "Are you going to put those back??" and she said something like "I didn't know how" (as in how to put the shoes back on the hanger) :smile: I wanted to call her names indicating her low intelligence!! ..but of course, we are not allowed to do that. I think a 4 year old could work out how to put shoes on hangers properly! So, TO all those who (....drop by my store :D) put the shoes back where they are meant to and properly, a big Thank You

Call me Tights!

This is definitely a problem and I believe groups of two to four women are actually the most brutal when it comes to the shoe department. More often than not a woman will toss the shoes to the ground and walk around in them, take them off leaving them on the floor, then get another pair and do the same thing. The most trashed store I have seen is the Burlington Coat Factory at the Gurnee Mills Shopping Mall in northern Illinois. One late November day I think I counted over one hundred pairs of pumps, sandals, wedges, and boots among four different aisles!! BCF attracts a subset of the kind of people that frequent Walmart and eat, smoke, and drink in their car...and play the lottery. The shoe aisle debacle merely is a reflection of that slovenly behavior. On the other hand BCF is a good store to shop for deals. HappyinHeels:wavey:

This is definitely a problem and I believe groups of two to four women are actually the most brutal when it comes to the shoe department. More often than not a woman will toss the shoes to the ground and walk around in them, take them off leaving them on the floor, then get another pair and do the same thing. The most trashed store I have seen is the Burlington Coat Factory at the Gurnee Mills Shopping Mall in northern Illinois. One late November day I think I counted over one hundred pairs of pumps, sandals, wedges, and boots among four different aisles!! BCF attracts a subset of the kind of people that frequent Walmart and eat, smoke, and drink in their car...and play the lottery. The shoe aisle debacle merely is a reflection of that slovenly behavior. On the other hand BCF is a good store to shop for deals.

HappyinHeels:wavey:

I agree with you about BCF and their clientele, as well as there being good bargins there. I believe though that the real problem is the operation of the store. They don;t have much staff to clean things up, so it ends up looking like a total trash job. It's pretty much the same in every one I've been in, and the people that shop there tend to fall in that Walmart type category. So what does that say about me...lol. However, shoes are about the only thing I would go there for.

From the buyer side seeing a pile or scattering of goods on the floor is off putting firstly "untidy store" and secondly "lazy bitches" (even in the guys section)! As a store worker rounding up the "lost stock" at the end of the day is a pain, I worked part time with a second job as a shelf filler at closing time, first it was get the new stock out then collect the strays. It was alleged this was the stuff being shoplifted and dumped as they bottled out. Again as a buyer it is also frustrating going though the shelves to find either matching pairs or the size desired Peacocks and ASDA(uk walmart) are the worst offenders, Matalan sale stock drift onto adjacent shelves but then that's sale stock and rarely grouped in styles. However I've never seen anything out of place in Brantano but then I don't think I've seen more than 2 people in the store at any one time maybe they were staff :smile:. Al

The last time I was trying on in the store I overheard another customer who had found one shoe in her size but couldn't find the other one of the pair. The shop assistant had a look and I discretely had a look too just in case but I don't think it turned up in the end. I would have loved to have found the other shoe for her and handed it to her, while still trying on my high wedge sandals of course.

If you like it, wear it.