Christine from Perth Australia

Hi from Australia. I am a Document Controller at a mining refinery and we have to wear steel toe boots to work ... honestly. But I love heels and wear them whenever I can. I found this site looking for heels on the Web and thought it might be fun to join. I hope I don't forget about it :-) I join so many things on the Web and then forget about them. ChistineC

Welcome! Your work boots must do a good job looking after your feet, and it must make it all the more special when you do manage to slip into your heels. What are your favourite styles? Do you have to do most of your shoe-shopping on the web, or are there plenty of opportunties for "real" shoe-shopping too? Enjoy the forum.

If you like it, wear it.

g'day christine! always good to see another aussie on board! Maybe you should get yourself out of those mine's for a little while and indulge your passion in heels! :smile: welcome aboard!

I did remember to log back in :-) Thanks for your replies. I am on-site this week and am keying this up in my motel room. I have heels with my but I probably won't get the chance to wear them unless I decide to go over to the motel restaurant for dinner ... which I sometimes do. Christine.

Welcome - - I spend a lot of time in steel toe boots too. Most uncomfortable boots I have ever worn. Can never seem to find a pair that doesn't seem to cause me more grief than they are worth. Metatarsel plates just add weight some times it seems. I am fully aware of why we need them, but sometimes I wonder if ballet boots would be more comfortable.

They are my C'est Bon and are my current favourites. They were not even expensive ($99.95) but I really like them. They are almost a slide but they have the heel cup at the back and it has this elastic strip across the back of it that keeps your foot (heel) in the shoe. It works really well. They are so light. I love them. They go awesome with a pair of blue jeans. Well I think so anyway. Christine.

• 5 weeks later...

uups, a little late to do, but i want to click in and say a warm welcome, too.:smile:

OK OK, not at least to say something to your nice avatar and what you had written about!

About the cost, I'm sure that's rarely important for the look alike! Important is here more how to care about.

Sometimes really expensive ones look very strange and in in no way complementing the woman in them!

Yours a great and looking very complementing to you (...by the way for this you not need shoes, as it seems)

Have a nice day,... an admirer of beautiful ladies and girls, their shoes and the content of them...

Finally my internet connection is fixed so now I can say hello and welcome aboard Christine!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I hadn't been checking back at this thread. Sorry I missed a couple of the welcomes. Tks for those. Lately I am into experimenting with heels with jeans sort of partly because with my working away in the country jeans are most appropriate and as well it is autumn here so it is getting a bit cooler. Also there is something about wearing kind of boring jeans but then have on totally hot heels. Christine.

No Matter.

As written, the combination of Jeans with Heels for me pays a great attention to the footwear, and isn't it nice to attract the others on the second view by showing hot heels?

What does it mean to your footwear, when it's getting colder in autumn now?

Have a nice day,... an admirer of beautiful ladies and girls, their shoes and the content of them...

I have changed my profile icon picture to my current favourite heels. I hope there are no rules about not changing it ... Christine. Just noticed ... and it then changes it for all my previous replies too. That is going to make some of my comments a little odd as they mention my previous favs which are not in the picture now.

I have changed my profile icon picture to my current favourite heels. I hope there are no rules about not changing it ...

Christine.

Just noticed ... and it then changes it for all my previous replies too. That is going to make some of my comments a little odd as they mention my previous favs which are not in the picture now.

Ugh, I'm very late!

First of all WELCOME!:)

From Australia :), the place I'm moving in quite soon...

Anyway, what are the red heels I kept reading about in this thread??

Can you see the real me, preacher? Can you see the real me, doctor? Can you see the real me, mother? Can you see the real me?

Anyway, what are the red heels I kept reading about in this thread??

They are not red. They are bright orange but pictures don't show the colour that well.

The first picture is from some pictures Alise (my best friend who I share an apartment with) took sometime before Xmas when I first bought them.

The second picture was taken tonight specially by Alise on our coffee table and she has edited it a bit to try and make the hot orange colour look right.

These shoes are so light and really fit my feet so nice and used to be be my favs although I have only probably worn them out for effect about five times since buying them and I already have new favs that I almost can't stop wearing even if it is just around the apartment sometimes (in my icon picture).

Christine.

post-30706-133522943795_thumb.jpg

post-30706-133522943798_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Christine, I'm from Australia too, although from the Gold Coast. Those orange heels are awesome! I love cork heel shoes, they look really hot! I can see why you love them so much! Do you ever wear slingbacks?

Do you ever wear slingbacks?

Yes. I have some awesome bright blue (like my car) peep toe slingbacks. I am away at site now until Thursday but I will try to remember to find a picture of them and post it when I get back to Perth.

Christine.

Do you ever wear slingbacks?

See. I didn't forget.

These are my Peep Toe sling backs. And really, my RAV4 car is almost this colour.

But even though they are made by the same people they are not as nice to wear as my current favourite blue and white sandals. They squeeze my toes more and the heel and arch just don't seem to be right. The fit of the sandals is so much better. But same size and same company.

Christine.

post-30706-133522945858_thumb.jpg

post-30706-133522945861_thumb.jpg

Wow those slingbacks are awesome. I love peep toe slings, such a cool style. You're other sandals are great too. It must be frustrating to be on site and not be able to wear heels when you want to. Do you ever have any issues keeping the strap up with your slingbacks?