Weekend in Palm Springs

SF

Tomorrow morning my wife and I leave for an extended weekend in Palm Springs. The only shoes I plan on bringing are a few pair of my sandals with 2 - 3 inch heels. I have worn heels out in public before, but always had some flats as a "back up" just in case. This time no flats, only heels - should be fun. Will report back on what, if anything happens!! See ya... SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

We look forward top hear back from you SF. Going away with no back-up is a brave thing to do. I have thought about it a few times but never had the courage. Is this a drive or fly trip ? I used to wear heels on a lot of my business trips that involve flying, but with new airport security one very often has to remove shoes. That has made me a little more cautious.

UPDATE....... Well we made it back, the trip was fun, fun, fun.... We left for Palm Springs, (about a 6 hour drive from central CA) I was wearing a pair of Steve Madden wooden wedgie slip on's with about a 3 in heel (my wife also had on an identical pair). We drove to Palm Springs, stopped for gas and breakfast, checked into the hotel, no one batted an eye. For the rest of the trip - 5 days - I wore heels except for the time we spent lounging by the pool. Also wore a pair of Franco Sarto "strappy" thongs with a 2 1/2 in block heel, a pair of Newport News T-strap thongs with a 2 in heel, and a pair of black slides with a 2 1/2 inch tapered heel. Wore the heels druing breakfast, lunch, dinner, day and night, and while shopping and running errands. On the drive back from Palm Springs, we had lunch and took a walk through downtown Santa Barbara and Solvang. I wore denim pants or cargo pants with the sandals, the heels were not really covered that much, one could clearly see they were high heel sandals. Never did anyone give me a negative reaction or did anyone make a rude comment. A few did notice the heels by staring, but both the wife and I got the impression that the stares were out of curiosity rather than disapproval. Two women in Palm Springs did mention my heels, one lady said they looked good on me, and another said she thought my wife and I looked "cute" in matching sandals. Moral of the story..... This was my most agressive experience at wearing heels and it was FUN!! If you saw my earlier post, I did not take any flats as a "backup," so all I had to wear were heels. I had a most positive and relaxing experience. Wearing heels was a good confidence builder, any of you folks out there that are still in the closet, come on out, it ain't that bad!! Hey, Loveheel.... Thanks for the comments... Now it's your turn!! See ya.... SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Well done, both on getting out there, and on writing up a great story! Sounds like you had a wonderful experience out there. Hope to hear more from you soon.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"