a question on pony shoes (heel less shoe)

mttw000

I think that Persephone looks wonderful in them - and frankly, they are more elegant than a lot of the 'proper' high heels that we have in High Street shops these days. Thanks for posting the photos Richy.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Man, I just don't understand the attraction. This entire site is about high HEELS, and these shoes don't have any! I know that sometimes I should just keep my personal opinions to myself, but I just can't here...and I, and I stress "I" here, think these shoes are not only hideously ugly, but rather inane. My apologies to those who like them.

RonC

Don't worry; It's good to have adverse opinion and variation; As I've said before I don't get the fuss over most of the Louboutin and Choo shoes and am happy to admit it; if we all liked all the same things we'd all look the same.

I would however contest the argument about not being high heels; surely any shoe where the heel of the foot is elevated above the ball is technically considered a high heel - but I understand exactly what you mean, in that there is no heel shaft

off to balance on my toes.......

R

RonC

Don't worry; It's good to have adverse opinion and variation; As I've said before I don't get the fuss over most of the Louboutin and Choo shoes and am happy to admit it; if we all liked all the same things we'd all look the same.

I would however contest the argument about not being high heels; surely any shoe where the heel of the foot is elevated above the ball is technically considered a high heel - but I understand exactly what you mean, in that there is no heel shaft

off to balance on my toes.......

R

After I re-read my post, I was right to begin with. I should keep my opinions to myself...lol

Enjoy your shoes, as variety is the spice of life!

Well the wearer's feet have heels which are elevated and with the elegant foot posture they can only be classed as high heels in my book. They look like they'd be tremendous fun to try on and walk in.

I assumed that when sitting down it'd be tiring to keep the foot extended to avoid scuffing the heels of the shoes, but from the sitting-down photo of Persephone (who wears them beautifully) they look really well-balanced.

For wearers I'd ask if there's anything you find more difficult (or easier) in heel-less shoes compared with regular heels? (I'm thinking driving a car wouldn't be the best perhaps?).

And for designers I'm curious what the limits are - I mean, could you make a heel-less strappy mule without a platform?

If you like it, wear it.

Well the wearer's feet have heels which are elevated and with the elegant foot posture they can only be classed as high heels in my book. They look like they'd be tremendous fun to try on and walk in.

I assumed that when sitting down it'd be tiring to keep the foot extended to avoid scuffing the heels of the shoes, but from the sitting-down photo of Persephone (who wears them beautifully) they look really well-balanced.

For wearers I'd ask if there's anything you find more difficult (or easier) in heel-less shoes compared with regular heels? (I'm thinking driving a car wouldn't be the best perhaps?).

And for designers I'm curious what the limits are - I mean, could you make a heel-less strappy mule without a platform?

I could testify that, as long as the sole has a platform, heelless shoes are rather easy to walk with.

A cobbler modified a pair of hidden platform for me (http://members.fortunecity.com/talonet01/s0721.jpg) and I can walk on them very easily. I would even say that the only difficulty happens when I have to stand still.

I'm clearly obsessed with the shoes within this thread as a I keep doing searches for alternative phrases that might result in different returns; of which "floating heels" returned these.

Found here;http://everycloghasitsday.typepad.com/every-clog-has-its-day/2010/02/another-country-heard-from-the-netherlands.html ignore the not very relevant name.

post-612-133522947474_thumb.jpg

I'm clearly obsessed with the shoes within this thread as a I keep doing searches for alternative phrases that might result in different returns; of which "floating heels" returned these.

Found here;http://everycloghasitsday.typepad.com/every-clog-has-its-day/2010/02/another-country-heard-from-the-netherlands.html ignore the not very relevant name.

Now that's impressive.....

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 1 month later...

.......here I go again.

following a thread about Lucy Hale in her beautiful Giuseppe Zanotti invisible heels, I followed some links to these pretty non platformed sling backs; http://thegloss.com/fashion/giuseppe-zanotti-patent-wedge-slingbacks/ unfortunately the onward link doesn't have the shoes listed any more.

also found the attached strappy sandals also from Giuseppe Zanotti.

post-612-133522951795_thumb.jpg

.......here I go again.

following a thread about Lucy Hale in her beautiful Giuseppe Zanotti invisible heels, I followed some links to these pretty non platformed sling backs; http://thegloss.com/fashion/giuseppe-zanotti-patent-wedge-slingbacks/ unfortunately the onward link doesn't have the shoes listed any more.

also found the attached strappy sandals also from Giuseppe Zanotti.

Those are nice!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

All Finally took the plunge and bought these from Milanoo; http://www.milanoo.com/Black-T-Strap-Open-Toe-Buckle-Special-Shaped-Heel-Womens-Sandals-p160466.html was a little concerned but all is well; seem well made with good finish, just need to see whether the size is good or not. http://www.milanoo.com/Wedge-Shoes-c614/s-48.html Have taken pictures but struggling to upload from home, will add at work when possible. R

Waisted Giraffe, Please let us know how the shoes look in real life. The photos on Milanoo are almost all taken/stolen from designer sites like Net a Porter. I'd be really intersted to see the actual shoes you received in comparison to the real Giuseppe Zanottis. Thanks, Ben

Edited by benno

Waisted Giraffe, Please let us know how the shoes look in real life. The photos on Milanoo are almost all taken/stolen from designer sites like Net a Porter. I'd be really intersted to see the actual shoes you received in comparison to the real Giuseppe Zanottis.

Thanks, Ben

Benno

oh, I quite agree; i was very cautious as I had realised the pictures on Milanoo seemed to be the Zanotti pictures themselves, however, the finish and quality appear to be very good; no scuffs or glue marks; we'll just have to see how the construction is.

Yes, knock off indeed but at least they are not passing them off as the real thing; let's face it all the high street stores are at it all the time knocking off the designer cat walk shoes, it's how fashion filters down to the masses.

R

W giraffe, Do you have the actual shoes in your possession? I'm intrigued as to how they look. Can we have some pics?

Well as it happens, I have brought the camera into work so can get the picture uploaded; find below pictures of the received shoes.

Think you'll agree all looks good, though apologies for the lack of detailed pictures; should have buffed up the gold to remove my paw prints before taking the photos :oops:

R

PS, Oh, these are sized China 36 for a UK4.5, though as stated before not yet tried for size.

post-367-0-44618200-1341854223_thumb.jpg

post-367-0-15095700-1341854236_thumb.jpg

post-367-0-48587800-1341854253_thumb.jpg

post-367-0-33415700-1341854270_thumb.jpg

Edited by Waisted_Giraffe

• 2 weeks later...

Well as it happens, I have brought the camera into work so can get the picture uploaded; find below pictures of the received shoes.

Think you'll agree all looks good, though apologies for the lack of detailed pictures; should have buffed up the gold to remove my paw prints before taking the photos :oops:

R

PS, Oh, these are sized China 36 for a UK4.5, though as stated before not yet tried for size.

All

Well, she loves them but they are too narrow......the length is spot on for her UK4.5 feet however the strap across the ball of the foot is far to tight; her feet are (as she puts it; stumpy) I see them more as squared (which I find quite attractive) rather than pointy (personally not so attractive) which makes wearing them really uncomfortable even for very short periods of time.

Appartently they walk very well; she is an almost full time high heel wearer (she's only 5'2" (i'm 6'4"!)) and found the fit other than the toe strap to be very good.

This therefore brings me on to having to sell them (no returns policy at Milanoo if they simply don't fit)

I am due to post on ebay, however am giving you the chance to buy if you wish. They cost £46 delivered and should be pleased to get most of that back.

Let me know your thoughts

R

I think if you put them on eBay with a buy it now of £50 inc postage you will sell them within a month. They are pretty unique. Don't put Giuseppe Zanotti in the title though as they'll get pulled down.