a question on pony shoes (heel less shoe)

mttw000

hello, welcome to the forum.

afraid that heel-less shoes are not at all common; as the image you posted suggests (Blahnik), those that have been made are by very expensive shoe makers.

A fairly cost effective solution is to buy a pair of Punitive shoes, see; http://www.punitiveshoes.com/database/ballets/ascotiron.shtml more a pony hoof shoe rather than a heel-less shoe.

As for how they are to wear; not actually tried a pair but the basic mechanics are similar to any normal pair of heels as they are designed to keep the wearer's centre of gravity forward of the heel, hence the need for the tab that sticks out from the back of the sole.

Richard

my girlfriend asks how it feels to wear such shoes and where can she buy one

she doesnt want the boot type just the pump type without heels onto it

a rough search on google directed me to this site

http://shefinds.com/blog/images/uploads/heelless.jpg

http://www.highheelshoemuseum.com/images/italian10.jpg

thanks

These are usually known as 'cantelever' heels - and you walk in them the same as any other high heel.

I have a pair of wedges by 'Charles Jourdan' in this style, they are about 4 years old. You will need to keep looking for a pair as they are usually expensive - due to the extreme design and strength of the shank needed, to carry the weight of the wearer over the space where the heel would usually be.

These are my wedges:

post-1866-133522938326_thumb.jpg

post-1866-133522938288_thumb.jpg

post-1866-133522938302_thumb.jpg

post-1866-133522938314_thumb.jpg

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I would really like to get just one pair of heel-less shoes, either the punitive pony boots (almost ballet boots), or even something similar to the cantelever style shoes/boots also discussed here. I think they would be fun just to try out, since I have never seen anything like them in person (have only seen them on the web). But, they are always ridiculously priced, so I probably won't ever own a pair, and they dont necessarily look all that sexy either, just really interesting/fascinating to me. :smile:

I would really like to get just one pair of heel-less shoes, either the punitive pony boots (almost ballet boots), or even something similar to the cantelever style shoes/boots also discussed here. I think they would be fun just to try out, since I have never seen anything like them in person (have only seen them on the web). But, they are always ridiculously priced, so I probably won't ever own a pair, and they dont necessarily look all that sexy either, just really interesting/fascinating to me. :smile:

I know what you mean, I've always wondered what these heels are like to wear. Unfortunately, they don't go anywhere near my size that I can find. :D

I know what you mean, I've always wondered what these heels are like to wear. Unfortunately, they don't go anywhere near my size that I can find. :smile:

Checked out the other styles on that site, they sure have really unique designs and some really bizarre shoes, too. I see a couple of pairs there that would be kind of fun to own, but the steep prices would keep me from doing it. Very cool site though.

These are usually known as 'cantelever' heels - and you walk in them the same as any other high heel.

I have a pair of wedges by 'Charles Jourdan' in this style, they are about 4 years old. You will need to keep looking for a pair as they are usually expensive - due to the extreme design and strength of the shank needed, to carry the weight of the wearer over the space where the heel would usually be.

These are my wedges:

[ATTACH]12372[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]12373[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]12374[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]12375[/ATTACH]

I would like to try a pair of them, but at those prices Sigh

Checked out the other styles on that site, they sure have really unique designs and some really bizarre shoes, too. I see a couple of pairs there that would be kind of fun to own, but the steep prices would keep me from doing it. Very cool site though.

I found the Eamz and Lo Res styles on Javari and just had to track down the makers. Pity they don't go to my size, I'd love to try quite a few of those styles.

I know what you mean, I've always wondered what these heels are like to wear. Unfortunately, they don't go anywhere near my size that I can find. :smile:

Quite simply, exactly the same as a standard heel; the heel tip is in the same place, it's just the structure comes from half way down the arch but as noted before the shank will be designed to transfer the cantilever forces.

Have tried them on for size and felt good but couldn't justify the price at the time; but christ, if i'd have realised how much they are normally I'd have bought a pair - sure they were much cheaper than listed at the moment, even in the sale.

R

• 1 month later...

I appreciate that the OP is now a banned user for some reason, but either way the info may be useful to others.

I've just taken delivery of a pair of heel-less shoes made by www.Imakebootsngloves.com

First impressions are that they are well made, very light and well padded as well. I've spoken to Allan, the chap who runs the store about the possibility of making them with a smaller platform, and that does not appear to compromise the design at all.

A quick couple of photos of them are added, but they were bought for Persephone to wear, so I've no doubt that there will be a few posted of them in use, when we next get together.

He currently has a pair of shoes and a pair of heel-less ankle boots for sale on ebay, but will make to order for anyone. His ebay member link is http://myworld.ebay.com/allan2764/

post-206-133522941275_thumb.jpg

post-206-133522941285_thumb.jpg

I just browsed through the whole page/forum, and WOW! The shoes Daphne are wearing are to-die for!

Right now, I can only imagine the price tag for a pair. But seeing her in them, nonstop almost, has me thinking about what she told interviewers about her shoes.

*just a little imagination* "I just rather have no heels on my shoes. Gives me better ability to rest if I have to" :smile:

Formally "HHDude"

I appreciate that the OP is now a banned user for some reason, but either way the info may be useful to others.

I've just taken delivery of a pair of heel-less shoes made by www.Imakebootsngloves.com

First impressions are that they are well made, very light and well padded as well. I've spoken to Allan, the chap who runs the store about the possibility of making them with a smaller platform, and that does not appear to compromise the design at all.

A quick couple of photos of them are added, but they were bought for Persephone to wear, so I've no doubt that there will be a few posted of them in use, when we next get together.

He currently has a pair of shoes and a pair of heel-less ankle boots for sale on ebay, but will make to order for anyone. His ebay member link is http://myworld.ebay.com/allan2764/

Ooo; now they are a nice variation to the Punitive Shoes option; I think it's the deconstructed minimal "heel" that just enhances the shape - but agree about having a lower platform, I think they would look all the better for it.

Well, I for one am looking forward to seeing the pictures of Persephone in them; good find.

R

These are my wedges:

[ATTACH]12372[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]12373[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]12374[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]12375[/ATTACH]

Really love these shoes ,where did you buy them?

Really love these shoes ,where did you buy them?

I found them on UK EBay babe...I was just browsing and happened to spot them, and of course it was like..."OMG I MUST have those..!":yummy:

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I can only imagine the price tag for a pair. But seeing her in them, nonstop almost, has me thinking about what she told interviewers about her shoes.

Somewhere North of 500 quid I would reckon. No lower than 400 if I over-estimated.

Somewhere North of 500 quid I would reckon. No lower than 400 if I over-estimated.

as per this, you're spot on for £500; http://www.20ltd.com/product/mary-jane-heel-less-liquid-red-glitter-shoes/

however the back of the heel really needs some better sculpting; if you were going to get a pair with that shape you might as well go for the Punitive Ascots, save yourself a few hundred and then get them modified; http://www.punitiveshoes.com/database/ballets/ascotiron.shtml

I prefer the shape of the "I make bootsngloves" style but these could do with being a little higher.

R

• 2 weeks later...

all

although departing from the specifics of the original post, whilst looking for some more wedge heels, I saw these and was reminded of the comma heels previously discussed.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MELISSA-X-VIVIENNE-WESTWOOD-ANGLOMANIA-BLACK-WEDGE-UK-8-/180667875958?pt=UK_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item2a10a50276

I have a deep love of Vivienne Westwood's androgynous clothing styles and many of the shoes, of which she has collaborated with Melissa here.

unfortunately have spent far too much on car and bicycle parts to justify these for the moment.

R

post-612-133522942322_thumb.jpg

post-612-133522942328_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fresh out of the camea, these are the first photos of Persephone in her new shoes, taken in the grounds of the local mansion house. Very comfortable to walk in, and they have great stability. She can even wear them on cobbles, which she normally has nightmares about.

http://www.hhplace.org/album.php?albumid=573&pictureid=6493

http://www.hhplace.org/album.php?albumid=573&pictureid=6494

We did some video of her as well, but that will be kept for now as she's tempted to start her own clips store in the near future. Maybe she'll post a taster at some point.

Richy

Very nice indeed, they do look rather good; you have definitely found a wonderful model in Persephone - certainly look forward to seeing more.

Are they made and finished well as I am quite tempted by a pair.

R

Thanks for the comments both of you.

They are made to a good finish, and very well put together, from what I can tell. Sizing was absolutely spot on to a European size. I had asked for a size 39, and that is exactly what I got. I even compared them to a New Look size 39 and it was identical.

I can also recommend Alan's communication. Once I had placed the order, I had a couple of emails to check a few datails. He then let me know when they were ready to be shipped and how long it would take.

A good idea to check out the galleries of new items on his site. The basic designs are being overtaken by the new goodies that he's producing.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I just don't understand the attraction. This entire site is about high HEELS, and these shoes don't have any! I know that sometimes I should just keep my personal opinions to myself, but I just can't here...and I, and I stress "I" here, think these shoes are not only hideously ugly, but rather inane. My apologies to those who like them.

Man, I just don't understand the attraction. This entire site is about high HEELS, and these shoes don't have any! I know that sometimes I should just keep my personal opinions to myself, but I just can't here...and I, and I stress "I" here, think these shoes are not only hideously ugly, but rather inane. My apologies to those who like them.

That's all right. After all, we're not here to please everybody.

You say that this site is about high heels. I can think of countless versions that I look at all the time and think are bloody ugly. Think platforms..........

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.