There is such a thing as TOO MANY boots. :-\

miltboot

miltboot

I have twenty (20) pair of high heel boots. 5" stiletto heels and higher. There is NO such thing as to many pairs of boots. You only stop buying high heels when you die.

Mike

I would have to agree with Mike.

I get asked haven't you enough? and isn't it about time you stopped buying (for both of us). I'm sure we will do a head count and see who has the most. I try to rotate round so I'm wearing everything on a regular basis. Al

Brought out my boot collection today, and immediately came to the conclusion that I had overdone it. Lol Anyone else ever encountered this problem?

Yes, I know the feeling, I try to downsize periodically, but over time, the additions outnumber the subtractions, and the collection continues to grow...

My collection is much larger than I want it to be. I'd guess I am around 55-60 pair now, and would much rather it be around 15-20. I have a really hard time letting any go and I am definitely not the hoarding type when it comes to most things. Sadly, I haven't touched half of my shoes in six months... :smile:

Brought out my boot collection today, and immediately came to the conclusion that I had overdone it. Lol Anyone else ever encountered this problem?

Seeing as how most of my boots are in a shipping container 80 miles away it would be hard for me to bring mine out. Looking at the 200 pairs I do have in the house I'd say "yes, I have."

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Agreed. I think I have about 40 or 50 pairs now, including a box full in the loft. I've tried to limit the ones I have downstairs to about 20 or so, but I still take ages sometimes deciding which pair to wear. I also keep looking out for new ones, I think it's a compulsion. :smile:

Once again it is up to each individual. One person may own less than ten pairs and feel like they will never wear all of them, so why do they own so many. Then another person may own hundreds of pairs, they see another pair they want, and they just have to add it to their collection. Needless to say, there are definitely different perspectives.

I can never have enough heels, boots, sandals or pumps. Sometimes I check my closet and decide to sell some, maybe 3 or 5 or so. On the day i sold some I got some new ones :smile: What I really don't like is, that I don't have the courage to wear them outside but I would like so much. I live o the country side close to a capital city in middle europe and the people here are so conservertive. But my girlfriend supports me and she wears heels, too. Sometime in the evening we go both out to a lake nearby and walk the lovely riverside path, both with heels. Greetz from switzerland chrigi

Seeing as how most of my boots are in a shipping container 80 miles away it would be hard for me to bring mine out. Looking at the 200 pairs I do have in the house I'd say "yes, I have."

Dr. Shoe,

Thank you. I no longer feel so self indulgent having only 60 pair. Well done.

I consider: 1) A collection must be refreshed and updated. 2) Every collection implies some "jewels" which are stored only to wear them seldom. 3) Every pair tells a story. Boot collecting is not bad for health. 4) Forme, heels boots are weared and enjoyed at least 250 times a year. More than 100 hundred pairs is difficult to look after. 5) Some of them are in their original packaging as packaging has some of their charme. But more of them are stood up in my wardrobe..I need to look at them when I open it. anyway, three years ago I decided to collect quality, not quantity

Elegance is my second name

...more of them are stood up in my wardrobe..I need to look at them when I open it.

That's so true, it's so lovely to open the wardrobe and see high-heeled boots and shoes all lined up. Like you also said in another thread: "Not only the pleasure consists of wearing them but also of looking at them. Even if they are out of view, you know you own them still". I like your sentiment very much - we wear our high-heels with our minds, not just with our feet.

anyway, three years ago I decided to collect quality, not quantity

For sure wearing real leather boots can be much more comfortable than cheaper synthetic materials, but this makes boots quite expensive which limits the quantity for me (also boots take up so much space!). I bought most of my boots from high street stores in the spring when their price is reduced. I have maybe 10 pairs (from ankle boots to just below the knee) which I collected over the last 15 years, so not even one pair of boots per year on average (but it's not a competition, is it? :smile: ). They averaged maybe £50 per pair... boots definitely push my bargain-hunting powers to the limit.

If you like it, wear it.

I got your point dear sleekh. but neither Master Card nor the hot Summer season understand Boot Fetichism.lol I think we all are wanting to "rationalize" within an "irrational fetish". We want to give a second thought to what it is extremly emotional. I Know the space, I know the price, I know the what I call "wearing-hypotesis", I perfectly Know no person need more than 10 or 12 pairs, but.... this is the end of rational and begining of what a fetish is. Thank you for reading:wavey:

Elegance is my second name

That made me think... I hope I am just rationalizing the price and not the boots. I agree, we could try to make some "checklist" of features of our ideal boots, but they need to have that indefinable magic to be "wow!". I think it's like that silly idea of designing your ideal woman/man on a computer - you'd end up with a hollow monster and it's so much better to meet a real person who surprises you in nicer ways than you could've imagined. Boots/shoes are a little bit like that I think.

If you like it, wear it.

Boots... YES!!! there can be too many... But I am not a boot fan... I have a couple pair just to try to find an appeal... I like to see the sexy female foot attached to the hot ankle connected to the fantastic leg all coated in skin, sometimes through nylons... And the boot takes away from all that... OH... And I love my feet too!!!!! (And the other stuff) :smile: