Girliest shoe you have

jdmonto

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the shoes I have, the red 4" spikes with the ankle strap are the ones that scream "girlie." (No pic, will be remedied soon). Black shoes can be hidden, explained, or not seen...no one is going to miss red shoes on a guy (unless he's Ronald McDonald :smile: )

Very much liked all the pics of your shoes ! . I have just joined HH site as i have boots i would like to show off. Just need to see how all this works, any pointers would be grateful. Thanks P.S im in N.Ireland

Some of the best televisions shows ever were Rowan And Martin's Laugh-In Series and because of their influence, I want to pop out of a door and say, "Ver-y inte-res-tinct, when you're in-sync with your Funk and Wagnalls!".

Using the vernacular "girlie" rubs me the wrong way. I do have footwear that would be viewed as such, though. Like the pair of court shoes with the 60mm diameter shank and heel tip and 12.7cm high stiletto heel, the black patent leather material used for the upper and stiletto covering, and the pointed toe box. These shoes are much like the examples depicted in my avatar.

I too have a slight problem with the word "girlie" in describing some high heels. When I talk about the pairs I wear in public with my men's clothing outfits, I describe them as more of a "feminine" high heel. But with the responses that have been received to this thread, I suppose it is just a matter of semantics and definitely no harm, no foul (as they say in the NBA).:smile:

Semantics can be tricky, i guess i was not aware of how the term could be offensive since english is not my native language, so some things that offend other people are not really obvious to me, or i think they are not as loaded, so to speak. I know that this term in particular can be some kind of stereotype, but i definately did not use it to hurt any sensibility, i guess i just like to call my shoes girly.

Semantics can be tricky, i guess i was not aware of how the term could be offensive since english is not my native language, so some things that offend other people are not really obvious to me, or i think they are not as loaded, so to speak.

I know that this term in particular can be some kind of stereotype, but i definately did not use it to hurt any sensibility, i guess i just like to call my shoes girly.

I personally was not offended by the word "girlie" in your thread. The word can have several connotations. When I saw the name of the thread, the first thing that came to my mind was the most feminine, pretty, and maybe even sexy high heels that I could picture.

Semantics can be tricky, i guess i was not aware of how the term could be offensive since english is not my native language, so some things that offend other people are not really obvious to me, or i think they are not as loaded, so to speak.

I know that this term in particular can be some kind of stereotype, but i definately did not use it to hurt any sensibility, i guess i just like to call my shoes girly.

Yes, I think traditionally all of our heels are considered girlie, feminine, [insert any word here], just depends on the word you prefer. But I can totally see what you were aiming for in this thread -- shoes that are farther along on the feminine spectrum, which could be based on any one or more of the following: softer/lighter colors, shiny materials, strappy or peep toe shoes, narrow point, skinny stiletto heel, attached bows, flowery patterns, or anything added to them that make them appear even more feminine.

Most of my shoes are all black, and some brown, lots of chunky heels and wedges, so 75% of my heels are somewhat less feminine. However, I do have black patent strappy 6" strappy sandals and 6" peep toes, both stillettos, anyway, those two pairs are probably the most feminine (or girlie) I have.

I couldn't pick out the "girliest" and I couldn't pick out the "manliest" either but here are the heels that make me feel the most glamorous and goddess-like:

Wow they are really beautifull. Do you wear them out in public?

I believe I have an idea of what the author of this thread had in mind when he started it. He was as am I, interested in seeing the most feminine shoes the male members own. Heels and pumps are feminine to begin with but there are added details that can set a shoe apart and make it a bit more "girlie" a term which I like and think applies to some of my favorite pairs. Touches like satin fabrics, bows, sequins, flower prints, etc. Hopefully I can post some pics soon and share some pumps from my collection with you.

I really love anything with a bow, the red satin courts with the bow knot are so delicate and feminine. I mostly favor heels with almond toe boxes. Here are a few more photos of some of my favorites. The white satin Badgley Mischka Caltons are a jewel in my collection. I love them and a nice comfy fit for such a high heel.

post-30196-133522939963_thumb.jpg

post-30196-133522939985_thumb.jpg

post-30196-133522939996_thumb.jpg

post-30196-133522940006_thumb.jpg

post-30196-133522940017_thumb.jpg

I really love anything with a bow, the red satin courts with the bow knot are so delicate and feminine. I mostly favor heels with almond toe boxes. Here are a few more photos of some of my favorites. The white satin Badgley Mischka Caltons are a jewel in my collection. I love them and a nice comfy fit for such a high heel.

Hiya fumikaheels

You have some gorgeous heels, I particularly like the slingbacks :smile:

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

I very much enjoy bows myself. They make the shoe most feminine in my humble opinion. Your choices are great! I am jealous of your collection. What size do you wear?

I very much enjoy bows myself. They make the shoe most feminine in my humble opinion. Your choices are great! I am jealous of your collection. What size do you wear?

Hey there and thanks for your kind comments! I take a US Women's 9-10B. I totally agree with you on the bows, can't get enough of them. I like the pumps in you avatar, they look like Pepe Jimenez Classic Pumps of the Rita variety. I had some original Sergio Zlecers in navy once and those were nice, love those classic lines. I am looking for a replacement pair actually in a navy or red patent.