Do women buy things in men section

Gudulitooo

do women buy and wear items from the men section  

26 members have voted

1. 1. do women buy and wear items from the men section

• yes
    • no

Apparently, many men at hhplace buy shoes, but also clothing or earrings in the women section of stores. Now what about women ? For women, do you buy and wear items sold for men ? For example cowboy boots ? I mean, we have also interesting things in our sections - from perfumes to belts, and recently new unisex heeled shoes such Rad Hourani's, or even practical items (flat shoes that don't hurt ... :smile:, resistant sportswear, ? For men, do you know women that wear things intended for men ? Thank you

In my country it is a normal practice - women to buy and wear apparel directly form men's section.Remember, there is female variant of each male apparel!No one bats an eye about women or call them cross-checkers or whatever that gender biased word was.About men it is another story.I live in Eastern Europe but as i have travelled it is the same situation in other European countries.

Oh definitely yes... here in the US, women shop all the time in the men's section. Whether buying for themselves or for their male family members, its totally common to see women shopping/buying from the mens section. No one even thinks twice about that one. Yes, my wife does wear some items from the men's section, again, no one even notices or thinks twice about it. A bit sad that men don't have that complete freedom in the stores... well actually we do have that freedom, but it just requires you to ignore or be at complete ease with everyone else around you, which can be difficult at times.

Absolutely. Women buy things in the men's department for the "men" in their lives and for themselves. As I, and many other men have discovered, womens jeans fit men better than mens jeans. And I know of women who wear mens jeans because they fit them better or at least more comforable. This is just one example of clothing. My daughter used to wear my shirts to school when she was in middle school and high school because she liked the feel of the shirt and the over-size of it. I'm sure there are many other articles of men's clothing that women buy for themselves.

Yes - women who work in industry tend to buy mens steel toe work boots. It's an issue I have dealt with over the years. It's also the reason it's tough to find mens size 7-1/2 to 8 work boots anywhere other than the crappy ones at Walmart. What few smaller size boots are shipped to retailers get bought up fast. Try shopping against seasoned women for the same item. They tend to beat my to what's in stock on a regular basis. We are seeing a bit of movement in the womens work boot business to supply more steel toe with metatarsal protection, but not enough to keep stock in the mens department. Hec - find any kind of mens boots in size US mens 7-1/2 to 8 is hard

Unfortunately yes. Amongst the current trends for women there seems to be a move towards casual menswear, checked shirts, rough jeans, workstyle boots etc. Being the old fashioned git I am I prefer women to look like women. Maybe the women prefer than I look like a man.....hmmmmm

Absolutely. I have even noticed a trend of women taking over some mens fashion, however limited that may be. They find something they like about it, start buying it, and the next thing you know the production changes from a mans to a womans item. Then we are ridiculed for wearing what used to be ours. My wife and I were in the mall this weekend and I could not help but notice that there are a ton of wingtip style shoes for women on the market now and there are less and less wingtip shoes available for men. I have a tendency to lean towards wingtips as they are what I consider one of the most fashionable shoes for men. Guess it is a good thing I don't mind wearing women's shoes because I am not about to give up my wingtips. I guess on the plus side now I can get them with a heel...

I would say yes as my good lady buys all of my normal things, I am not a shopping sort of person at all. I know what I want straight there in out no looking home. But if I am on my own away from home I wiil take time to look and ponder what's going on etc, and I will be wearing some form of heels.

life is not a rehearsal

Hello,

thank you for your answers, that amaze me a bit.

Oh definitely yes... here in the US, women shop all the time in the men's section. Whether buying for themselves or for their male family members, its totally common to see women shopping/buying from the mens section. No one even thinks twice about that one. Yes, my wife does wear some items from the men's section, again, no one even notices or thinks twice about it.

I have never seen that in France, maybe I was not in the right place at the good moment.

Unfortunately yes. Amongst the current trends for women there seems to be a move towards casual menswear, checked shirts, rough jeans, workstyle boots etc. Being the old fashioned git I am I prefer women to look like women.

Yes you are right, but my feeling is that women find these "womenised" mens items in their sizes in the women section. No need of crossing the line.

Absolutely. I have even noticed a trend of women taking over some mens fashion, however limited that may be. They find something they like about it, start buying it, and the next thing you know the production changes from a mans to a womans item. Then we are ridiculed for wearing what used to be ours.

Oh so true. You are right and they don't have to wait long before the articles arrives in the women section and are refused to men.

Of course they do. But you never see them called cross dressers do you? I totally welcome women to buy what ever they like, I dont put a label on anyone. Everybody should be entitled to dress they way they feel most comfortable or fashionable. For instance a woman in trousers, shirt and a tie can be very sexy and female. For all I care women are allowed to walk the streets in both heels and real manly boots if they like to.

Best regards, Stefan

Unfortunately yes. Amongst the current trends for women there seems to be a move towards casual menswear, checked shirts, rough jeans, workstyle boots etc. Being the old fashioned git I am I prefer women to look like women.

Maybe the women prefer than I look like a man.....hmmmmm

You hit the nail on the head Walkonit... for fashion freedom there are two sides to the coin.

If you like it, wear it.

Yes , my wife ! She liked wearing my shirts when she was pregnant with our first baby . No disrespect intended but,she streched all my tee shirts out . When she had our second baby we made a trip to "Casual Male" . She was so cute talking to the sales clerk trying to explain. What good times I have been blessed with! :smile: