Skirts!

quidam

Not to brag or boast, but I have exactly 60 skirts in my closet (I counted yesterday) at present. Every length from a 15 inch mini to a 40 inch floor duster; denim, corduroy, wool and other fabrics; A-lines and pencils; and in various colors, solids, plaids and patterns. Is that enough for me? To be honest, I'm not sure. I love wearing skirts so much, I can't say with a straight face that I do have enough.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Whatever the length or style , I still find that skirts are my go-to compliment to any of my 8 pairs of heels. Wow, I'm jealous Jeff that you have 60! ( I only have a dozen , and 4  dresses) 

Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it....oh!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2015, 10:00:05, JeffB said:

Not to brag or boast, but I have exactly 60 skirts in my closet (I counted yesterday) at present. Every length from a 15 inch mini to a 40 inch floor duster; denim, corduroy, wool and other fabrics; A-lines and pencils; and in various colors, solids, plaids and patterns. Is that enough for me? To be honest, I'm not sure. I love wearing skirts so much, I can't say with a straight face that I do have enough.

It that to many skirts to own? Only you can answer that.

I have at the moment 20 skirts and 16 dresses.  At the moment I have space in my closet so I can still have more.  I have one skirt to sell (don't fit) and two need repairing. All the other skirts I want to keep. I also have 2 dresses that need to be sold, again don't fit  When i do run out of space in my closetI I will start selling more. I'm not going to keep on buying skirts and dresses untill I can no longer manage. I like to keep my clothes tidy in my closet.

• 2 weeks later...

I have about six skirts average length 21 inch  just above or below the knee... black is my favorite colour a belted skirt is preferable and usually a black shirt or v neck soft top  i take a 18  womans size  and being handy with a sewing machine i often take in the side of the skirt to give more pencil shape and sowing up the kick pleat if you like more restriction to your walk add that with slightly pointed 5 inch heels and black gloss nylon stockings  im a happy guy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LovesHiHeels said:

I seem to return more dresses now.

... most dresses don't fit right.

If with "don't fit right" you mean the bust area: It really depends on how the darts of the dress are placed. If there is a continuous seam running down from the middle of the shoulder to your torso and forms space for the bust, this can - most of the times - be corrected by a good tailor. If there is just a seam running up from your midsection to where the bust has its largest point, it's very difficult to impossible to alter in a way that will fit. Nonetheless, it really makes sense to look for a good tailor, as they can often change the dress the way you want.

I have a dozen coats & jackets that are from the women's department which I got altered, and they fit amazingly well. Although they look quite feminine, nobody could guess that some of them had quite some bust space which was completely removed :)

It not so much the bust area. I try to buy  stretchy bodycon dresses. Any dress that shows any sort cleavage I try to avoid. I,m almost 6 foot tall and some dresses are just to short in the turso area.  I have broad shouldesr so some dresses with long sleaves are just to tight. Been trying to buy dresses with long sleaves to hide my arms. Having said that I do own dresses that do seem to fit me very well.

Ive never really gone for dresses as often you have to get yourself something to cover your shoulders and its not easy to choose the right  cardigan /shrug   Also by going for skirts and tops you can  go for a different size up top to the skirt below so helps get a better fit.  I prefer a v neck  top but they seem to be hard to find unless you go for a shirt type top

Vneck always looks more flattering  but they seem to be in short supply

• 3 months later...

It's occurred to me that if I hadn't started wearing skirts (and now dresses), I might have lost interest in heeling. I mean, how many times can you pair heels with plain old jeans and/or pants before things get boring? But, with skirts and dresses, the options and combinations are literally limitless, it's not at all uncommon for me to spend an hour or more pairing skirts with heels, hosiery and tops to assemble outfits prior to my little adventures, and that's a whole lot of fun for me. With skirts, the choices in terms of length, color, fabric and style are many and varied, they bring out my inner fashionista because I strive to look nothing less than my very best while in public, something that was never quite as important to me when all I wore were jeans. And now that I'm wearing skirts full time on my outings, I'm having more fun heeling than ever before.

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

I mean, how many times can you pair heels with plain old jeans and/or pants before things get boring?

I'm patiently waiting for "jeans and/or pants" to be replaced with "skirts and/or dresses" to see what is next. :cool:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2016 at 9:10 AM, Thighbootguy said:

I'm patiently waiting for "jeans and/or pants" to be replaced with "skirts and/or dresses" to see what is next. :cool:

Hmm! I haven't thought that far ahead!  :giggle:

I think when Elton John sung the "Philadelphia Freedom" in the 1970's, precisely at the time I was living in Pennsylvania I believe I was living near the inspiration for that song in our own JeffB!  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I don't think I've mentioned this, but April 28, 2013 marked the last time I've worn jeans or pants on my outings as it's been all skirts (and the occasional dress) ever since, and I've never looked back, never had a reason to. Even early on in my initial outings in skirts, I quickly realized how good I looked in them, how much fun they were, and that fueled my desire to wear them more and more. Everything from 15 inch minis to a 40 inch floor sweeper, I just love wearing skirts of all kinds, styles, fabrics and colors, and I'll never stop wearing them!

1 hour ago, LovesHiHeels said:

I have 4 pairs of Leather skirts

I didn't know that skirts (like slacks/pants) came in pairs. :penitent:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 1 month later...

I finally did it!!  I bough a couple of leather skirts and I can tell you that I loved them. 

As we have discussed before I have bought a few dresses, tried them on and even though they feel really good I don't really like the way I look in them.  I decided to buy the skirts and found that this look is awesome.  I don't really know if it is the leather or what but I love them.  I also bought a bodysuit and I believe that it looks great. 

4 hours ago, Thighmax said:

I finally did it!!  I bough a couple of leather skirts and I can tell you that I loved them. 

As we have discussed before I have bought a few dresses, tried them on and even though they feel really good I don't really like the way I look in them.  I decided to buy the skirts and found that this look is awesome.  I don't really know if it is the leather or what but I love them.  I also bought a bodysuit and I believe that it looks great. 

Congrats on the additions to your wardrobe. I have resolved to wear a dress or skirt every Monday to work this year, and that is causing me to buy more of both. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Skirts are definitely the way to go. I have at least 30 if not 40.  I have shown a few in my albums.  I have a few long ones but always end up in a mini and 6 inch heels!!!! Lol

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, swedeheeler said:

Ordered this today just to complement for the short ones I got. ;)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/181708372785

My grandmother taught me, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all".  ....

7 minutes ago, swedeheeler said:

We are all different. How would it be if all were the same

Your absolutely right.  How would it be if guys universally wore thigh boots with stiletto heels? :penitent:

To my eye that skirt has 12 too many buckles (of the 14 total).  Do you envision that for out and about wear?  Do let us know how it goes. 

It's a pretty cool skirt !!!   For me it's about 30" to long lol!   My girlfriend tells me not to bend over in a couple of mine when we are out.  I think they are shorter then hers!   You are right we are all different.  I still  think it's a pretty cool skirt you ordered.   You should wear it out