What do you ENJOY wearing Street Heeling (check all that apply)

b2please

Guys: Check all that you enjoy doing out in stores/ street  

2,031 members have voted

1. 1. Guys: Check all that you enjoy doing out in stores/ street

• 3" heel
    • 4" heel
    • 5" heel
    • 6" heel
    • Toe: Pointy! (quite feminine)
    • Toe: moderate point (somewhat fem?)
    • Toe: round (more masculine/ undefined)
    • Toe: peep toe (probably fem appearance)
    • sandal (probably fem appearance)
    • Heel: Stilleto
    • Heel: Block
    • Heel: wedge or other
    • Sound: Hollow/ Noisy is fine
    • Medium: Sounds distinctive in quiet place
    • Quiet: Stealthy
    • Vis: "On display" (like boots over pants leg)
    • Vis: showing at times- not hidden but not obvious
    • Visibility: Heel is covered by long pants

Well, here's what I selected: 4" heel Toe: moderate point (somewhat fem?) Heel: Stilleto Sound: Hollow/ Noisy is fine Vis: "On display" (like boots over pants leg) I don't mind being "on display" during my outings. Heck, I find that to be both fun and exciting!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

As JeffB says, "I don't mind being "on display" during my outings. Heck, I find that to be both fun and exciting!"

I just went for 5" heels rather then 4".

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

When I street heel it's usually in a pair of my New Rock Malicias (like in my avatar). The heel doesn't quite qualify as a stiletto, but it feels very similar to wear and they're definitely pointy. The first time I went out in heels properly I was speaking to my cousin and debating wearing my Malicias with the orange flames, or something low-key probably block heeled with a round toe. She said that people would probably notice I was wearing heels anyway, so I might as well go all-out. I have been out in block heels but I prefer the Malicias, they're more fun.

Pretty cool all-in-one poll b2please. I answered: 3-4", moderate point & round toe, I recently started wearing sandals publicly on occasion, I favor block heels & wedges in public, but have worn fairly thin (1" thick) heels at times I mostly wear quiet shoes, but if there is a bit of noise from them, its ok I still partially cover my shoes with pants, and often show 2-3" of shoe below the pants.

My selections are:

5" Heel

Toe: moderate point (somewhat fem?)

Heel: Stilleto

Sound: Hollow/ Noisy is fine

Vis: "On display" (like boots over pants leg)

I too, don't mind being "on display" during my outings. It is fun, exciting, and I'm out there to say "I am a man wearing high heels, not afraid to express myself, and I am enjoying every minute of it."

I ticked 3" round-toe wedge heel quiet covered because that's the best match for my one proper street-heeling experience so far. As for in store, I've think tried just about every option apart from sandal but with summer coming that one should be ticked soon.

If you like it, wear it.

Great responses so far! over 50 in the poll. That's great- keep it coming.

It's interesting to see how much VARIETY we enjoy as a group. I suspect partly because we have different interests/ personalities, and partly because we are at different stages too.

Just a few of the choices seem less popular in total, for street heeling adventures:

* Peep toes (although- maybe thats also because peep toe shoes may not fit manly feet?),

* 6" heels: (My 4" heels seem too easy inside, but are more noticeable challenge on a 40 min. shopping trip); I can do 5" inside, but out? not yet.

* Sandals: My first try at sandals, a pair of Naturalizer arrived yesterday, and I'm afraid I'll have to send them back. 12W was not wide enough, and I need a strap at the heel. They don't make 13 or 13W. And I was trying to buy the "most teva like" sandal toe I could find, to possibly wear outside, with at-least a 3" heel. Still looking for that one.

I'm new to street heeling but went on my 5th adventure or so last night- 40 min shopping in a giant walmart in a pretty rural area. It was late at night, in 4" wedges, semi pointy toe, covered by long boot jeans. I never know so far if people notice them, but a couple people might have. It was a lot of walking! (fun)

Chris- those would probably qualify as stilletos for me! Nice!

When I street heel it's usually in a pair of my New Rock Malicias (like in my avatar). The heel doesn't quite qualify as a stiletto, but it feels ..........

I have been out in block heels but I prefer the Malicias, they're more fun.

Im a n00bie here and need to ask : What is ' street heeling '? Is there some kind of objective or is it just going out as normal but with heeled footware?

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Hi, here what I went with based on what I normally wear. Height: occasionally 5 or more often now 6 inch Heel height (after years of street heeling they've got higher and skinnier) Toe: I wear anything I feel like, so pointed, moderately pointed and peep-toes are the main ones for me. I like the details so 'fem' is more to my chosing - and since I wear skirts too - well it sort of looks right. Heel: Stilleto always! The skinnier the better. Sound: I like the click clack clatter heels make so I voted noisy, in fact small stilettos are quieter in malls etc than chunky/ plastic heels. Vis: given I'm always wearing heels with a skirt suit my legs and heels are always on display! Being on display is also fun - and I'm up for any such challenge. Besides I find the style of heels/ skirts practical and extremely confortable, and I am used to getting around like that. Cheers Heel-Lover

Definition??

I'm sort of a newbie too, but I'd say street heeling is " venturing out into public places wearing heels that are higher than "normal".

I'm starting to realize I'd like to play my small role of changing what normal is! Or, I like to defend the rights and benefits of being non normal;)

On exhibitionism:

for me, I think I'm a "shy exhibitionist", slowly gaining courage to live anyway I see fit.

No 2" heels?

Sorry about that. I should have put it in there.

Stillettos?!!

Whoooo: in the lead? I'm shocked.... You folks are gutsy out on the street! I like that.

Im a n00bie here and need to ask : What is ' street heeling '? Is there some kind of objective or is it just going out as normal but with heeled footware?

b2please, You may be a newbie but still one of the very very few people that has discovered the joys of this site. You will discover there is a world of talent, experience, and knowledge here on everything from A to Z but especially about high heels, how to wear them and where t wear them and the endless array of clothes that can be worn with them. I'm not sure the word "gutsy" aptly describes men (or women for that matter) who wear high heels in public. We all can't even agree on just "high" might be. 2" may be pushing the envelope for some, while 4" may be high for someone else. I tend to like decidedly more feminine-style shoes with 5" heels and up and fully 90% of my shoes have heels above 5" tall. What we do have is confidence in ourselves and in our ability to meet the world on our terms....and at our chosen heel level. That is the magic of this site. Take what you need to strengthen your own confidence to live and feel better. Then do the next best thing.....PASS IT ON!!!! HappyinHeels:wavey::D:smile:

I have been wearing 'female' shoes for almost 40 years now and down through the years I have had pointy, square and round toes. Boots of all heights from shoe boots, to ankle, calf, knee and thigh high boots. Some times lace up, zipped or baggy shaft type. Heel height ranges from flats to 4in. The heel type goes from stilleto to block and of course wedges. The point is that your choice of footwear will probably change with the current styles and trends. What looks good today may not look so good in 10years time. Enjoy the trip through the world of 'female' footwear.

• 4 weeks later...

4 inch, moderate toe, "noisy" suits me and why hide what you are doing ? they are going to be noticed anyway so let it all hang out, so to speak. After going out in feminine shoes for any length of time, you don't even give what you are wearing a second thought. When you get rid of all your masculine shoes, you learn not to worry about what you wear out and about. Your only thought is "what shall I wear, flats, sandals , heels or anything between. You have then made it to the top when you don't worry ! Wearing your beauties out and about gets easier each time you go out. The fear and worry disappear over a fairly short period of time. It is great to be comfortable in being different. After all, they are just shoes !!

My most recent outings, and very consistant with alll of my outings... The look - #1 Skinny "blue" Jean (or straight leg with the cuff rolled) with a recently purchased Colin Stuart Lace up sandal (5") in neutral. or .... THe same pants options but the shoe is replaced by a black gladiator (Nine West Tautou - 5") or basic black d'orsay with ankle strap (4"). The shirts are generally white or red polo's .... and the heels are very visible... I also like - The look #2 Tailored-to-the-heel black womens slacks in either all black. or black with bold ivory stripes... The heels are generally black ankle boots (Guess) or closed toe black strappy heels from either Italianheels or Nine West (4 or 5 inches) The shirt is generally the same as above .... and the heels only slightly visible (just the pointed toe and the bottom of the heel) HA99

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Height: occasionally 5 or more often now 6 inch Heel height (after years of street heeling they've got higher and skinnier)

Toe: I wear anything I feel like, so pointed, moderately pointed and peep-toes are the main ones for me. I like the details so 'fem' is more to my chosing - and since I wear skirts too - well it sort of looks right.

Heel: Stilleto always! The skinnier the better.

Sound: I like the click clack clatter heels make so I voted noisy, in fact small stilettos are quieter in malls etc than chunky/ plastic heels.

Vis: given I'm always wearing heels with a skirt suit my legs and heels are always on display!

I like this guy. The skinnier, higher, and louder the heel, the better.

I am a whatever heels that interest me for the day kinda person, boots often. As winter has just pasted I can enjoy heeling again as the need for ski boots and winter boots is gone. Yesterday I had a pair Western boots on all day with a 4" heel, but wedge heels sandals and what the weather throws out I adjust. Canada is awesome for boots most of the year especially out in the sticks! Mtnsofheels

Couple of meet opportunities coming up, ie Montreal, June 1; Toronto June 2; Akron, Ohio June 24 & 25. Able to join us?

David

I am a whatever heels that interest me for the day kinda person, boots often.

As winter has just pasted I can enjoy heeling again as the need for ski boots and winter boots is gone.

Yesterday I had a pair Western boots on all day with a 4" heel, but wedge heels sandals and what the weather throws out I adjust. Canada is awesome for boots most of the year especially out in the sticks!

Mtnsofheels

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

6" heel - Idk why I liked them That high, and I'm alread 5' 8". I guess it at least puts me over more people's heads ;D I didn't even give it a second though, haha. I jut went and picked "6" heels.

Round toe and peep-toe - I actually prefer peep-toes more over round toes, although I hate my toes (and painting them is outta the question, unless it's gonna be clear-polish). But I'm trying to get myself to have an equal amount of both, going by my past collections of mostly peep-toes ;D

Wedge - Has to be my all-time fave. Ever since learning that wedges can go with more things and look a little more... "camouflaged" with a guy look, I've stuck with it. Although block heels Are quite attractive as well...

Medium - Thought I picked "quiet" as well, but oh well. I can do with or without the sound. Of course, on Play night, I had to do 'with' minimal sound (as much sound so that you May hear me coming) ;P

Hidden & Seen and Hidden - Given the pants are long enough, I'd prefer them hidden at all costs. But, of course, I may decide to wear pants not long enough to cover it all... ;o In that case, I'll just grin and bear it.

Think my explanation just about sums it up. Pretty much what I've adopted to, although it may change.... but I doubt it, haha.

Formally "HHDude"

I chose 5" heel, pointed toe, stiletto, medium, and partially hidden depending on what kind of bottoms I am wearing with them. I think a 5" heel is comfortable enough to walk in and not TOO high, but I don't want to be heard from a block away when I am walking.

• 2 weeks later...

While out, I'm usually wearing something discrete, like my avatar. Inside, anything goes.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Though my collection is small, I know what attracts me in a shoe and it's evident in what I have so far.

Heel height - between 4"(no platform) to 6inch(with platform). My next purchase must be a 5" heel without platform.

Toe style - can be anything, though I do prefer Almond or Rounded.

Heel - Wedges being the easiest to wear in public as I feel the heel is less obvious but I prefer the 'feel' of a stiletto.

Sound - The noisier the better. Contradictory considering the desire to hide the heel but I like the audible reminder of what I'm wearing.

Vis - I do prefer to have my shoes 'on display' when in the privacy of my own company but in public, the whole shoe, heel and everything is hidden under my pants or jeans.

It depends on the mood and occasion, what kind of shoe I am wearing.

On a saturday morning, going to the bakery across the street, I would not wear 5" patent leather pumps. But while visiting the opera/ going to see a piece in theatre - it fits fine with the smoking.

My preferred net* height is 3.55 - 4.25" (~8,5 - 11 cm).

As you can see in my galleries (not updated/ complete):

"every day shoes": http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=99BBuLuE

higher heeled shoes: http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=mCmzuF9m

the real high heeed shoes: http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=nDkjKWIO

*: without plateau!

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!