A Bad Experience

wetwillie

I participated in another charity event, Walk A Mile In Her Shoes the other day. I have never had so much trouble walking in heels before. I've walked in these events before with no trouble but this time I became completely exhausted half way through. Everyone had completed the walk before I crossed the finishline. I don't know if it was the course (It was primarily on brick walkways and up a fairly steep hill) or the fact that I'd moved from a 4 inch stilletto to a 5 inch heel, or the fact that I was just getting over a bad case of the flu and was in a weakened state. Or maybe it was because the entire group was made up of college frat boys and I was the lone 60 year old trying to keep up. Also, I was the only one in stelletto type heels. Everyone else was wearing some type of block heel. In any event, I was totally embarassed by my performance. Especially since I was an experienced walker.

I think, you would have done great if you were wearing 4 inch heels instead of 5. A mile can seem alot farther with some really tall heels. BCBG PS. Your stilletto heels kicked butt over thier block heels!

I think, you would have done great if you were wearing 4 inch heels instead of 5. A mile can seem alot farther with some really tall heels.

BCBG

PS. Your stilletto heels kicked butt over thier block heels!

I think you're right about the 4 inch heels. Too bad I scuffed the toe on that pair during the last walk.

And the stillettos were a hit. A couple of the female organizers said they wouldn't be able to walk in them.

Sorry you feel the way you do. I think you were super just to try it in 5 inch heels. Also you did totally right by wear stellettos.

I think I would have an easier time if I were in 5 inch stelletto boots than pumps...and I'm 60, too.

I participated in a Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event last year and I too wore 5" stiletto high heels. Most of the participants were also fraternity young men although there were several coaches and teachers close to my age also participating. I finished near the front of the pack. Maybe because I am so used to walking in high heels and it was a non-hilly course. I'm sorry you were disappointed in your performance but I'm glad you did it. It is for a very good cause.

5 inch heel would make a difference. Even the platforms I wore were in Cinci were less tapered/sloped. I'll try a 5" stiletto in the future, but I have better luck in anything with some kind of platform, even if it's only a 1/2" high and 5 1/2" heel. Just seems more solid and supporting.

"but this time I became completely exhausted half way through." 5" heels with no platform are way more challenging thaan 4" of course, but you say you were completely exhausted. I think this indicates you were tired for some other reason. If it was the 5" versus 4" heels I think you would have felt sore in the feet, ankles or back or restricted in your stride length . The fact you say "exhausted" seems to point to something different.

I participated in another charity event, Walk A Mile In Her Shoes the other day. I have never had so much trouble walking in heels before.

How is this bad? You have done a deed for charity that only benefits the less fortunate. If anything, others should follow your example! We would all be better people for it. :smile:

You have done something that I havent. Something that I'm finally considering doing. You have the courage and experience a bunch of others look to put to use someday.

I see nothing being of a ' bad experience ' of it. If anything, you gained the knowledge to try something different next time. :D

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

wetwillie I was woundering where you did your walkathon. I also signed up for the " Walk a mile in her shoes " for June 18, 2011. It's being held in Columbus, Ohio to help abused and battered women. A woman I know ( Works in Meijers ) has already ask me to wear my Red Patent Boots w/ 6" high heels and Spurs. She said they are her favorite. I am hoping to make the full mile. I wear 6" heels every day, at home and in public, but one never knows what we can get into. Wish me luck. Mike

wetwillie

I was woundering where you did your walkathon. I also signed up for the " Walk a mile in her shoes " for June 18, 2011. It's being held in Columbus, Ohio to help abused and battered women. A woman I know ( Works in Meijers ) has already ask me to wear my Red Patent Boots w/ 6" high heels and Spurs. She said they are her favorite. I am hoping to make the full mile. I wear 6" heels every day, at home and in public, but one never knows what we can get into. Wish me luck.

Mike

Good luck to you, Mike. I hope you have a good time as it is for a good cause. And, at least at the event I participated in, they liked the participants wearing red high heels (wasn't sure the significance of red) which were supplied to those who did not have any. Your red high heeled boots will be perfect.