Going to try it, Why not?

ilikekicks

In another thread on this site, I opened my mouth saying ( Quoting myself here ) "I have a whole wardrobe of stuff here still. I know most of it would probably fit. Will I on a whim put it on someday and go for a drive? I dunno, I havent ruled it out. If I did do such, what would I be looking to do? Pass as a woman? Pick up a guy? Pick up a girl? Both? Neither? Just have fun? I leave that door open and refuse to limit myself." When gabbing with a friend, she laughed and said ' you should try it, why not? ' and offered to take a walk on the waterfront here with me. We might even go to Niagara Falls, who knows? My reason for doing this is just a pure ' why not? '. These shoes have been sitting in boxes for a bit over a year now, collecting dust ( I have/do wear the flats and other stuff around the house ). The problem is.. which to wear? Theres probably about.. 50+ pairs of footware of all kinds. Boots, wedges, heels, a few platforms ( not too many of those ). I did have a friend sell some of them on Ebay about 6 months ago because I wanted to buy some musical equipment. I tried on about 10 different shoes and walked around a bit in the house. I grabbed a pair of the jeans that were hanging in the closet as well. I think I have narrowed it down to 2 pairs. I dunno which to wear. The first pair is a set of wedge shoes from NineWest. The bottom is pretty squishy but they do have some weight to them. The second pair is by ' Mixit ' and are patent and more traditional ( they might be the ones in my avatar, I dunno.. ).. Heres the wedges..

post-30256-133522937589_thumb.jpg

post-30256-133522937591_thumb.jpg

post-30256-133522937598_thumb.jpg

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

C'mon Geezyweezy, it's not fair to tease us like that. Tell us what happened! LOL

Steve

seeing as you asked nicely...

I was at a bar in Las Vegas and ended up chatting to a man about life. As it goes he had just had his heart broken by a guy. So yeap he was not straight at all. (but hey no harm in chatting)

I was wearing heels and he complimented me on them... Even went as far as trying them on.

which meant we ended up flirting somehow.

Guess you get the picture now....

Just so everyone knows, this isnt a ' date '. Shes a friend of many years and is married to a close friend of my families. I would call her a ' sister ' more then a friend. We've never had anything ' going on ' but I will say she is attractive and LOVES boots!

I was wearing heels and he complimented me on them...

I hope the same happens for me as well. The compliments that is :smile:

Assuming you're a beginner to heeling, from a practical aspect, I'd go with the first pair. Solid wedge heel should be easier to walk in then a stilletto, especially at the beginning. From an appearance perspective, since I'n not thrilled with the looks of the first pair, I'd probably go with the second pair.

Your avatar appears to have pumps being worn.

That was from a halloween gig in 2009 ( 2008? ). I didnt do much walking to be honest. Once I was on the stage we were playing on, they came off instantly. Too much to trip over.

Does your friend know that you are including pumps along with the boots as part of this quest to go heeling publicly? Whatever your choosing, do have a great time.

Im doing the choosing on my own. Maybe I should just start taking pics of a bunch of them that are here that fit to give everyone a general idea of what I have to choose from. Its a rather large variety. There is a pair of sandals that I thought about but its still cold and wet from the winter right now.

Besides the 2 I already posted, these are some of the others. The white shoes and the last shoe on the bottom.. no way! Too tall for me. I believe these are all new in the box except for the denim ones as they have some scuffs on the bottom.

post-30256-13352293762_thumb.jpg

Very nice selection. The wedges towards the upper right, they're not the same ones as your #1 picture, are they? I don't see the strap in your original photo, plus the heel height looks significantly higher. The stability of having a full sole might help to offset that height. Same idea with the wedge boots at the upper right. If you don't want to wear a wedge, then I'd say the second boot from the bottom (on the left) looks the best. Not a flat, not a skyscraper heel, plus the extra support of a boot can help.

Jwhite44 - No, those are not the same pair. They are both made by NineWest though. The ones in the first pic have a rubber bottom. The ones you pointed out have like a plastic/harder bottom but are padded inside. A bunch of the shoes/boots are by Nine West, Bakers, Guess, Wild Pair, Aldo.. Mostly names I have seen at the local malls. Heelster - I dont know where the jeans came from and I probably wont be wearing them. I dont know what I will be wearing.. some form of pants, my own. The tag on them ( Jeans ) says ' Bisou Bisou By Michele Bohbot M/M ' I dont see a size on them but they are stretchy like spandex. I dont know where they came from, probably a local mall? If you read the ' stories ' thread, I posted a message on there on where this all came from. :smile: Roniheels - From looking at a bunch of these shoes and boots theres 2 basic themes. A huge wedge or a very skinny stiletto. There doesnt seem to be much variation. I sorta like the ones with the rope bottom with the ankle tie but they dont bend on the bottom.. theres no flex to them. Their conformable though and wont fall off.

Besides the 2 I already posted, these are some of the others. The white shoes and the last shoe on the bottom.. no way! Too tall for me. I believe these are all new in the box except for the denim ones as they have some scuffs on the bottom.

I love the white ones. Those are so pretty. You might just wear those around the house and see if you don't get used to wearing them comfortably.

Roniheels - The bottom of those shoes are slick! They arent rubber they are very smooth and on rugs.. You might as well be wearing rollerskates. I will snag a picture of them if you would like? They are made by Halston and the receipt in the box says they were bought at Bakers.

Just so everyone knows, this isnt a ' date '. Shes a friend of many years and is married to a close friend of my families. I would call her a ' sister ' more then a friend. We've never had anything ' going on ' but I will say she is attractive and LOVES boots!

I hope the same happens for me as well. The compliments that is :smile:

I am sure it will.. Just watch how you handle compliments from guys. I was suckered in. Literally!

Well.. it snowed :D . Almost 6 inches. We went from nice spring high 40 to low 50's into the muck of it all again so.. I guess I will be choosing from the boots in that picture. I was just getting comfortable wearing those ropey sandal wedges around the house ( wasnt tripping or anything ) and now.. snow :wave: . For the love of god I cant catch a break! :smile: Have to change plans now on where we are going and what to wear. BOGUS!

I find the black wedges gorgeous. With or without the strap.

In the first 2 pictures or in the picture with a bunch of boots/shoes?

And rarely seen on women. Where did you get them ?

They probably came from the NineWest Store locally. They are a size 10. I dont know where they were originally purchased as theres no receipts in the box. There are a LOT of NineWest shoes/boots I have here.

I am sure they don't have them in large size. Also the two boots left down.

Bakers and ( again ) 9 west. The NineWest ones are a stretch material.

Heading out. I'm actually going to be in ' observation ' mode for my outing tonight. ' Taking notes ' so-to-say. Were going to Niagara Falls to start and see where it heads from there. I have no idea where it will all go or end but.. time to ' Man up '. Seeing as it snowed and the ground isnt quite up to snuff yet, I had to switch to boots and my friend decided these would be the best to wear ( I liked the wedge ones personally ). I'm taking the Shoes with me just in case things ( the walking paths ) are cleared and boots arent needed. These are Bakers ( See attached picture ) and would normally go ' over the knee ' and probably onto the thigh of a woman but I have longer legs so.. they JUST make it past my kneecap. The fronts are kidskin leather and the backs are some stretchy/spandex kinda mix. I've been walking around the house in them since Wednesday afternoon. I'm not a pro but I managed well. Didnt twist an ankle or break a leg. They dont seem hard at all to walk in. I'll post about the whole ' adventure ' in the stories area when I get back tonight if were not out ' late '. Cheers!

post-30256-133522937742_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If they are a UK 8 you can always send them to me.