Are these the real deal?

Mr. X

I was surfing around on the web about all things shoes and stumbled upon this site. I came upon it because of another site "stylebistro". Which is a good site by the way, and I will discuss it further in another thread soon if it hasn't been mentioned already here. Actually I found a few other sites having similar sales. My question is are these the real deal in terms of shoes. Because if they are, I would seriously consider plunking down the money. Less than $200 for some pairs of Christian Loubotins almost seems too good to be true. But if it is true, that seems very reasonable for CL's Your thoughts? Here is the site www dot redsolestore dot net

Based on Stop Fake Louboutins as you can see both redsoleartstore.info and redsoleshoes.com are on the list, one might assume this is the same deal.

A simple "whois" lookup on the domain name shows it comes from...... wait for it.....Fujian province,Xiamen City Located here...MAP

So I am sorry to say but yes, given that the domain is registered right out of Taiwan, and the naming convention follows so close to that of other fake sites, its fraud.

If you really want Louboutins, go to the official website and buy them, or go to a boutique or authorized reseller. There are no other legitimate ways.

SArmeah - "No one cares how much you know, till they know how much you care"

I noticed where they came from as well. That is why I had my doubts. I didn't notice the spelling mistake in the name though. As nice as CL's are though, I don't think I could justify ever paying the real world prices that they cost.

No you're not. You are paying for quality. You are also paying for a lifetime of free shoe repair if you ever need it. Buy a pair today and in 50 years time you will still own them...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'd stick to well renowned places on the Internet such as Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Sack's, Net-a-Porter, etc. The latter ships overseas. Besides, at CL's website has a list of places where to buy "their" shoes. I agree with Dr. Shoe. Those shoes are very well made. Maybe there are some other brands which are very well made and less expensive; true and no excuse for overpriced gear. What I feel, having Louboutin's and Atwood's myself, is that they have always extra quality. On the other hand they are like buying a piece of art or a classic car.

Less than $200 for some pairs of Christian Loubotins almost seems too good to be true.

As I viewed the site, that was my first clue. And as others have stated, there are several other sites that also feature the "fakes." As Majo said, stick with reliable sources.

Yes, CL's prices are astronomical. But they don't hold a gun to anybody's head, they don't make anybody buy their stuff. So you have a choice, if you insist on having CL, then come up with the price for the real thing. Otherwise, look for a knock-off. But if you are looking at a pair of anything claiming to be CL for less than $200, you are definitely looking at a fake. Personally, I would be more comfortable dealing with a knock-off outfit who admits that is what they are than an outfit who tries to masquerade as the original. This site has the CL logo all over the place and they try to pass themselves off as the "real thing". This means the first thing you see on their site is basically a lie. A lie is a terrible way to say "hello".

Have a happy time!

I agree with JMC, it wouldn't be so bad if they admitted that they were fakes. Various high street shops have had shoes that have obviously been "inspired by" CL, but they have their own branding and usually no red sole. I'd buy those if they were good quality. That's the other issue I have with the fakes; they're still not cheap, they're only cheap by CL standards. The sellers are obviously dishonest because they're lying about the shoes, so who's to say that they're actually any good? While I take the point that the real ones are going to be high quality, I'd be very interested to know how much they cost to produce, as I still think that a lot of the cost is paying for the exclusivity of owning a pair of CLs. I would love a pair of Madame Butterflys in black suede, but I just couldn't justify £800 on a pair. Even if the 42s were in stock. :smile:

In an interview a year or two back, Mr Louboutin stated how many different hands a shoe passed through from cutting to finishing to boxing and how many processes were involved. The number was higher than you might have thought. This is still a labour intensive and skilled industry with only a certain amount of mechanisation possible.