Input wanted

radiodave

I'm heading down to the statehouse this coming weekend to receive a certificate (professional engineer) at a ceremony. Dress is listed as "business/business casual". I've been streetheeling down that way before, but not for a ceremony like this. I figure the worst they can do is not let me in, but if I brought the drab shoes I suppose I could change if it came to that. I was thinking black dress pants, dark blue dress shirt, and tie. These are my picks for shoes (black tights for the open ones): Dress flats Nine West flat boots Bakers' "Shayln" wedge pumps Aldo "Gardino" stiletto boots with pointed toe thicker heeled boots with round toe So, any thoughts? I'm leaning toward either the wedge pumps or the stiletto boots, but thought I'd ask.

post-2079-133522936906_thumb.jpg

radiodave, Interesting situation. I would imagine the important thing here is the recognition for a specific job well done or perhaps sustained superior performance over a period of time. Either way it should be YOUR moment and not some self-appointed fashion police. If, in some way you are barred from entering because of your choice of footwear, then I'd tell them to shove their award but this is the libertarian voice inside me talking. Do give it some thought though. For all the years I have been working none of my awards was anywhere conspicuous but down in my basement away from easy view. It is an evalution, in the form of an event, of your work and that should be the ONLY focus of the day. Please let us know what happens, it's important. HappyinHeels:wavey:

Dave, you are the man! First, let me congratulate you for earning your professional engineer. That's quite an accomplishment. Second since you are going to the statehouse, be sure to tell anybody that voted for Senate Bill 5 that HappyFeat hopes they burn in Hell. But I digress... It is so cool that you have the have the confidence (or courage) do heel in that situation. I am truly inspired. As for the shoes, before I could give advice, I would need to see the whole outfit. I would likely go with those wedge pumps, they are gorgeous. My second choice would be the stiletto boots. In my experience flats and less conspicuous heels are often more obvious. It may seem more counter-intuitive, but it has been my experience. Besides, if you are going to make a statement, make your statement!

Style is built from the ground up!

I'm with Heelster and Gary - they are almost like engineer boots. If you aren't familiar with those, that's what building engineers on construction sites were wearing at one time.

My first vote is also for the thicker heeled boots with round toe, second choice is Nine West flat boots. Sounds like the meeting is a professional meeting in your honor and I suspect the pointed toe boots with stilettos would push the "professional'" image a bit too afar, and the flats aren't dressy enough. I also offer my congratulations on the award. A also echo Happy Fears sentiments for the supporters of S.B. 5.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Dave, Congrats on the award! I vote for the thicker heeled boots. They look sharp. Can you swing by Granville for a visit before or after? Love to see you again and maybe have a meal or coffee or a beer with you to celebrate! Shoot me a private message and we can make plans. Well done! Steve

radiodave,

First of all, congratulations on your accomplishment and award. That is very impressive. I wear a boot similar to the thicker heeled boot with the rounded toe to work. I've never really have any comments about them and dress in out work place is "professional" (coat and tie, if you will). That is the footwear I would recommend.

Radiodave I do not want to crash in on Steve63130s thunder, But I was going to suggest the same thing. I didn't forgot to E-mail you, it was 0030hrs this morning when I read of your award. Was getting a bit tired. Give us a shout. Mike

Thank all for the input, I'm leaning toward the thicker heeled boots. The Aldo boots are nice, but I could see how that might be a little excessive. Maybe for a mall trip but maybe not at a function like that. Mike, I'd love to meet up with you and Steve, maybe for lunch or something. I can't stay too long because of another commitment that evening, but we'll work something out.