The MAN look, with heels

ChipsHH

Facial hair while heeling?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Facial hair while heeling?

Ok, so I'm pondering on a thought. Facial hair: Should it stay or should it go, before you go out heeling? Personally, I feel that it doesn't feel right with facial hair while I'm heeling, only because I also wear glasses and I feel like there's alot on my face, if you know what I mean. I told myself one time that I seem like a "werewolf" with all this hair growing :unsure: On the other hand, I'm going to see a Play at the High School I graduated from tonight (thread about it to come), and now I feel that I should keep it, just to give the look that I'm "older" but also not gay, no offence to any. It's kind of about the stereotype with being clean-faced associating to being gay; again, no offence to any. I don't know. Maybe I'm overthinking, like usual :silly:

Formally "HHDude"

Hi, I'd say it depends on the outfit and the heels. I sometimes have quite significant facial hair and for me it goes well with 1970's-style look: big glasses, casual suite, big 4,5'' block heels, round toes, some platform (sorry that i don't have a photo :silly:) Happy heeling k6ps

I think it depends on the heels. Heelfan is bearded and looks pretty cool in his somewhat classier heels but a guy in a beard wearing stripper heels is a bit weird in my opinion. About gays being clean shaven? I always thought that facial hair was very common in the gay community and "bears" were a hairy, bearded sub-group.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I don't need facial hair to verify the fact that I'm a MAN, even when I'm wearing heels and a skirt. After twenty years in the military, I'm used to being clean shaven, I make it a point never go out on my jaunts looking scruffy, besides, I think being without facial hair makes for a much nicer look for me when I go out on my little expeditions.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks for the input so far. I guess it's just the fact that I'm going to a high school, where something different could be viewed as "Whoa" or "Eww" (especially at a school of uniforms, literal sense to clothing). And I'm just fearing that I may be alone on this one. I have a Facebook page with just about everyone of the school (not literally here) and they should know that I wear heels, but I don't know. We'll see tonight, I suppose.

Formally "HHDude"

I voted no, but only because I personally don't like facial hair. It really doesn't matter to me as I go completely in guy mode anyway so I wouldn't forgo the facial hair soley because of the heels. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

To me, a clean and well cropped beard, mustashe, mane, and/or shaven appearances are choices men have. Being unkempt or soiled should be kept out of the public venues as much as possible. This is just good hygienic sense. Wearing heels is a separate choice from a man's facial appearance. There was a photo circulating on the internet of a man with cultivated facial hair wearing a portaited T-shirt, college backpack, denim cut-offs just above the knees, hairy lower legs, and 4" stiletto pumps on his way to who knows where. His look was casual, pleasing, and assertive, which denoted that he wasn't worried about any critics as he went on his way.

I have come down on both sides of the beard with heels issue. My first thought was that a beard just didn’t go with heels mostly because I viewed heels as feminine way of presenting myself and the beard was an absolute contradiction to that image. I wasn’t trying to appear as a female but having a beard just pushed the image too far towards male for what I wanted. (Remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I was the one doing the looking.) Recently I have put on a beard again (Mitch Miller/Coronal Sanders style) and find it works well with boots and even a skirt and the image someone my age presents. I have even gotten a couple of complements on it. It has been my perception that has changed. I no longer see wearing heels as a female thing. My thigh boots with 5” stilettos are just another pair of shoes. I have no serious desire to wear a beard and I may tire of it soon. Shaving it off makes me look 10 years younger, but for the moment I stick with presenting the “wise ole sage” image at work. :silly:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I dress in men's clothing, stiletto heels, and I have a full beard and mustache that I do keep trimmed very short. Like Heelster, I've had mine since 1980. The last time I was clean shaven, I developed quite a rash on my face. Instead of trying to fight the rash, I grew my beard back and haven't shaved it off since. I just feel more comfortable with a beard and I personally like my appearance with one better.

By the way,Thighbootguy, I do remember "Sing Along with Mitch," starring Mitch Miller and the Sing-along Gang (every Friday night, 7 p.m. central time). It's heck getting old. lol:silly:

For me it does not really matter or what you wear with heels. I could not grow a beard if I wanted to. Not a hairy person, born that way I suppose.

life is not a rehearsal

I sort of feel like I SHOULD say "it doesn't matter", but as I think about this, and picture it both ways, I think heels with a nice smooth face seems a more consistent message for me. I've been wondering about my fascination with things like heels and corsets. In addition to being turned on by things feminine, curvy & sexy! I also suspect it is some extension of "the unique person that I am", which also includes some work tendencies as well. For example, while most guys really want to "make a decision fast, just do something", I'm often the one that wants to get everyone's input, and look for creative ideas from the group and then get concensus. So I can be a facilitator type. ( I'm told these tend to be traits more common in females?) Anyway, for me heels are exciting, sexy, and even though I dress quite masculine with my heels, and like to present this "out of the box combination / style, (not an overall feminine style), I still think the heels are representing something about how I embrace some feminine aspects of myself. I think I'm saying "I like this combination. It is just as valid for me as your style may be for you." Well, after writing all this, I guess facial hair might fit perfectly with heels for someone else! We all get to invent our own styles and perfect our own selves!

I personally prefer to be shaven but i dont think having facial hair whilst wearing heels is a problem. Plenty of guys look good wearing heels and having facial hair

I think it is just a matter of what you are used to. If you have seen a man with facial hair often in heels, no matter what heels, it becomes part of the scenery and you start thinking it is normal. That is how fashion works. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I'm not trying to pass as a woman so the facial hair is all right with me. Besides, I've had facial hair for so long I don't even know what I look like without it and neither would my wife and daughter.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Other than having sort of feminine legs, I could not pass for a woman even if I wanted to, so why bother shaving my facial hair? I am not that hairy, but do have a well groomed mustache and goatie style beard. In public, I wear women's jeans and heels, but I still maintain a masculine appearance above the waist, and in fact, most people don't even notice anything being different for the lower half as far as I can determine.

hhpoots:

I know how you feel, I'm in the same boat. But who cares as long as we are happy in heels thats what matters. So what the heck. Lets be happy and hang in there.:-)))

Bravo! Well said! Two thumbs up to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Let the good times roll, whether clean-shaven or not, wearing our pumps and wedges and stilettoes...OH MY!! Live and love your life and may your :wave:spirit always be happy in heels. That's why I enjoy being "HappyinHeels"

I believe one element that helps guys wear heels while still maintaining an overall masculine look is the wearing of leather. Switch out that regular jacket for a more feminine leather blazer or jacket and jeans and now those heels. particularly boots, start to blend right in. This is how I think many here do it. I also think the same outfit can be be worn with darker-colored leather pumps even with stiletto heels. Get a a fedora or some type of hat to cover your thinning hair and, viola, you have a look that can satisfy your craving to wear heels somewhere other than the inside of your house or car and without the time and expense of dressing completely en-femme. I have worn a leather blazer with bootcut lee jeans and my knee-high Zoey boots with a 5" thicker heel I got at Macy's several times in the last two weeks without anyone noticing me. I picked up some dry-cleaning in Milwaukee on Friday and am fairly sure the woman heard my heels tapping the floor as I walked out the store with my dry cleaning but it didn't faze me. That's the point of all these posts....to convince those folks out there that the world is too busy to notice, or notices but just keeps moving, or notices and gives you (99.5% of the time) positive feedback. Follow the roniheels-JeffB-Thighbootguy way of thinking and we ALL can enjoy this aspect of our lives a whole lot more!!!! HappyinHeels

While heeling, the facial hair is generally gone, but then again my blond and white hair is not noticeable. I prefer the smooth look and am getting rid of the hair slowly. Just feel better without it. Still working on the personal style though. Mtnsofheels

Ive waited a while for others to respond to this before I said anything. Its kind of a ' personal ' issue to me that doesnt have much to do about anything with heels though ( maybe it does? I dunno.. ) I sometimes go days without shaving as.. well.. Im a skinny little twit with what would be considered ' long ' hair and have had others say ' excuse me miss ' when being approached from behind. It gets old and sometimes aggravating but.. Ive come to accept it as just being ' me ' as I am. I used to worry about ' looking like a man ' and had facial hair but I've come to realize the hair doesnt make me a man. High heels doesnt make us women. Hair or not on our faces doesnt make out ' who ' or what we are. As the good Dr. said earlier in one of her messages, there are guys with facial hair that look good in heels! Being 100% honest, shes right!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Facial hair or not, I don't mind, just as long as they aren't wearing women's shoes.

Good, then this means you have no issue as shoes belong to nobody until they are bought, and once bought, if bought by a man they're clearly men's shoes....

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Good, then this means you have no issue as shoes belong to nobody until they are bought, and once bought, if bought by a man they're clearly men's shoes....

Charlie

Great answer there, the Mrs and I find it very amusing :smile:

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

This timely statement of men wearing women's shoes brings up the attitude that many high heeling women are expressing today. They have been unopposed in choosing whatever they found to their liking and as I once read somewhere, "when women choose to wear something, men tend to leave it alone". Actually men were willing to share, but women wanted the exclusivity that society's standards afforded them, so they took heels away from men's options. The improved styling and construction of heels also gave the idea that heels were more feminine, which further halted speculation that men would have interest in wearing heels. These standards said in effect "that men and women can not have the same desire for the same things". Since women obviously look really good wearing heels society gave the choice to wear heels to women and disregarded any desire men had for high heeling. The only way men could wear heels was to become female impersonators, crossdressor, or hide and we know the outcome of that social debacle. Again, men don't want to take away women's choice to wear the heels they select. As people with the same desire, men want the same options and share the heeling experiences.

ALL, Funny how equality can go from the ideal of a smooth and wide two-way street to the brutal (and hypocritical) one-way express lane. I'll say it again; It takes far more energy to support and defend a double standard than it does to accept the world AS IS. True equality has to be earned, and sometimes fought for, by stepping on the toes of those who wear the mask of hypocrisy. HappyinHeels (and happy to step on those who don't value liberty for all):smile:

Men and women are very different you know. It would be silly to ignore those differences.

Almost as silly as a man would look in stilettos.

ALL,

Funny how equality can go from the ideal of a smooth and wide two-way street to the brutal (and hypocritical) one-way express lane. I'll say it again; It takes far more energy to support and defend a double standard than it does to accept the world AS IS. True equality has to be earned, and sometimes fought for, by stepping on the toes of those who wear the mask of hypocrisy.

HappyinHeels (and happy to step on those who don't value liberty for all):smile: