Adventures of SleekHeels

SleekHeels

Approval from a trailblazer such as yourself means a lot Jeff, thanks!

Hey! I call 'em like I see 'em, and you looked damn good, my friend! Very sharp and stylish! Everything just worked for you with that outfit. Once again, bravo!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Inspired by JeffB's recent outing and outfit, I thought I'd look for a pair of light stonewash denim super-skinny jeans. They turned out to be pretty hard to find, but I tracked down one possibility, went to the store to try them on and amazingly they were a surprisingly good fit so I bought them. I couldn't wait so today I wore them with my black leather boots (the ones in the photo, but that's not the new jeans) and a black and white striped shirt under a plain black v-neck jumper, open at the neck with a silver necklace and a small black shoulder bag. I exchanged lots of smiles with women who seemed to approve and I really enjoyed the looking sharp and feeling confident without the whole male ego thing going on. Definitely a look I'll wear again and I'll try and get a photo next time. Thanks for the inspiration Jeff.

post-12051-0-50335100-1353021688_thumb.j

If you like it, wear it.

Nice combo there SleekHeels! I really love stiletto boots over skinny jeans.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Inspired by JeffB's recent outing and outfit, I thought I'd look for a pair of light stonewash denim super-skinny jeans. They turned out to be pretty hard to find, but I tracked down one possibility, went to the store to try them on and amazingly they were a surprisingly good fit so I bought them. I couldn't wait so today I wore them with my black leather boots (the ones in the photo, but that's not the new jeans) and a black and white striped shirt under a plain black v-neck jumper, open at the neck with a silver necklace and a small black shoulder bag. I exchanged lots of smiles with women who seemed to approve and I really enjoyed the looking sharp and feeling confident without the whole male ego thing going on. Definitely a look I'll wear again and I'll try and get a photo next time. Thanks for the inspiration Jeff.

Bravo, SH! Well done, my friend! That's quite a stylish combo there! I'm glad to have inspired you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been wearing my heels out and about these last few weeks, I just haven't been posting about it as I didn't have photos to include. So, I recreated some of the outfits I've worn recently:

post-12051-0-09006800-1358473277_thumb.j

• A much bolder look than I'd normally wear, but I wanted to push the boat out and have some fun. I got quite a few looks but certainly no smiles, and it felt like people were quite disapproving (to which I'd say "lighten up, it's just fashion"). I wore this outfit to a museum cafe, though I did wear jeans and flat shoes walking to/from there (partly because it was just more practical but also a little apprehension).

• I was so excited when I bought these shoes, I didn't want their debut to be hidden under trousers. People were definitely noticing the shoes, and despite my expecting that maybe someone might ask "are they hard to walk in?" nobody said anything all day.

• My previous pair of red shoes were too tight, but when I tried these on in the store they fit great, and they were £13 in the sale so I couldn't resist. I really like the look of shoes (as opposed to boots) with skinny jeans and I'll definitely experiment with similar combinations. (Not that I don't like boots with skinny jeans too).

• I wore this outfit on the bus when I went to the store to buy the red peeptoes in outfit #3. I was running late and there were schoolkids on the bus who shared a couple of "ohmygod!" remarks between themselves initially but soon moved on to chatting about other things.

• This is my navy blue courts with navy blue v-neck over a light blue shirt. I've worn several variants of this outfit (like the shirt and v-neck from outfit #2 with brown ankle-boots, and a black-and-white striped shirt under a black v-neck with black ankle boots).

• I wore these jeans, turtleneck jumper and brown gilet but couldn't decide what boots to wear with it. Maybe my slightly taller dark brown boots with a stiletto heel would've been a good choice too.

• This was the outfit I wore to the store when I first tried on the shoes in outfit #2 (though I didn't buy them that day). I've also worn this outfit with my flat-heeled dark brown knee boots and it's a look I'm really comfortable with (often with the bag from outfit #4).

• I wore this outfit to the store on the day I did buy the shoes in outfit #2. On the way there I helped a lady with a pram up the stairs - she was very grateful and seemed not to notice in the slightest what I was wearing.
On reflection the more "feminine" outfits #1 to #4 were fun to wear but they seem to evoke colder reactions, whereas by blending more of an androgynous look with outfits #5 to #8 I find people are far more likely to interact "normally" with me, which feels more like progress. The latter is what I feel more comfortable with so I tend to wear those sorts of outfits 80% of the time, but it's fun to occasionally be more bold and adventurous.

If you like it, wear it.

Hey, SH! Great looking outfits all, my friend! Of course, my eye was drawn more to the outfits that featured skirts, but that's just me! In any event, you showed considerable style in everything you wore. Bravo!

Thanks to all for your comments. I'm 5'10" (in flats) pumpcat, but the skirt in #1 just about hides my thunder thighs, I certainly wouldn't wear shorter, and thankfully it's lined and doesn't ride up much). I keep remembering other outfits I've worn but don't have photos of (yet), but they'd all fall somewhere on the spectrum of the ones I posted. I really should take a leaf out of Jeff's book and be more organised in recording my outings.

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks to all for your comments. I'm 5'10" (in flats) pumpcat, but the skirt in #1 just about hides my thunder thighs, I certainly wouldn't wear shorter, and thankfully it's lined and doesn't ride up much). I keep remembering other outfits I've worn but don't have photos of (yet), but they'd all fall somewhere on the spectrum of the ones I posted. I really should take a leaf out of Jeff's book and be more organised in recording my outings.

Organization will set you free! :silly:

I have been wearing my heels out and about these last few weeks, I just haven't been posting about it as I didn't have photos to include. So, I recreated some of the outfits I've worn recently:

post-12051-0-09006800-1358473277_thumb.j

• A much bolder look than I'd normally wear, but I wanted to push the boat out and have some fun. I got quite a few looks but certainly no smiles, and it felt like people were quite disapproving (to which I'd say "lighten up, it's just fashion"). I wore this outfit to a museum cafe, though I did wear jeans and flat shoes walking to/from there (partly because it was just more practical but also a little apprehension).

• I was so excited when I bought these shoes, I didn't want their debut to be hidden under trousers. People were definitely noticing the shoes, and despite my expecting that maybe someone might ask "are they hard to walk in?" nobody said anything all day.

• My previous pair of red shoes were too tight, but when I tried these on in the store they fit great, and they were £13 in the sale so I couldn't resist. I really like the look of shoes (as opposed to boots) with skinny jeans and I'll definitely experiment with similar combinations. (Not that I don't like boots with skinny jeans too).

• I wore this outfit on the bus when I went to the store to buy the red peeptoes in outfit #3. I was running late and there were schoolkids on the bus who shared a couple of "ohmygod!" remarks between themselves initially but soon moved on to chatting about other things.

• This is my navy blue courts with navy blue v-neck over a light blue shirt. I've worn several variants of this outfit (like the shirt and v-neck from outfit #2 with brown ankle-boots, and a black-and-white striped shirt under a black v-neck with black ankle boots).

• I wore these jeans, turtleneck jumper and brown gilet but couldn't decide what boots to wear with it. Maybe my slightly taller dark brown boots with a stiletto heel would've been a good choice too.

• This was the outfit I wore to the store when I first tried on the shoes in outfit #2 (though I didn't buy them that day). I've also worn this outfit with my flat-heeled dark brown knee boots and it's a look I'm really comfortable with (often with the bag from outfit #4).

• I wore this outfit to the store on the day I did buy the shoes in outfit #2. On the way there I helped a lady with a pram up the stairs - she was very grateful and seemed not to notice in the slightest what I was wearing.
On reflection the more "feminine" outfits #1 to #4 were fun to wear but they seem to evoke colder reactions, whereas by blending more of an androgynous look with outfits #5 to #8 I find people are far more likely to interact "normally" with me, which feels more like progress. The latter is what I feel more comfortable with so I tend to wear those sorts of outfits 80% of the time, but it's fun to occasionally be more bold and adventurous.

You definately look better in skirted outfits.

• 3 months later...

I've been a bit quiet lately but I have still been enjoying my heels. Outfits have included:

• Brown ankle boots (in my avatar photo) worn with camel leggings and a white shirt under a brown biker jacket. It felt like a really confident look and although I felt like the elephant in the room as usual, I did exchange a couple of smiles.
  • Brown wedge sandals with 3/4-length cropped super-skinny jeans and a white tshirt under a brown waterfall cardigan. I got one laugh-out-loud (which didn't bother me in the slightest), and one young lady complimented me on my hair, with no mention at all about my shoes or outfit. This was my first time wearing cropped trousers with heels and it felt really nice when the sun was out.
  • Dark grey courts with smart light-grey trousers (half-covering the heel) and a mid-grey v-neck jumper over a light pink shirt; also a light grey/silver scarf and dark red satchel. This outfit felt very smart and reactions seemed more "quietly accepting" than some of my more adventurous outfits.
  • Black suedette courts with black opaque diamond pattern tights, black lycra skirt (above the knee), red turtleneck jumper and black leather biker jacket. This was a couple of months ago and it felt like a nice cosy winter outfit, though I don't recall getting any reactions, I just went about my business.
All the above shoes were about a 5" heel with a 1" platform. I had plenty more days wearing my heels with bootcut jeans and a v-neck jumper over a shirt, and I feel so totally comfortable with that sort of outfit, it feels quite understated now whereas it really felt very adventurous when I was starting out.

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks bluejay, it's always good to read about your adventures too.

Today I wore my white patent peeptoes with a cork wedge heel, with bootcut jeans, white shirt and beige blazer. By the afternoon it was sunny and warm enough that I could swap the jeans for a brown lycra skirt (just above the knee). There's something exhilarating about barefoot heels and sunshine!

Later I changed back into my jeans and walked to the shops. The distance was over a mile and my heels were feeling uncomfortable for walking, it seemed like all my toes wanted to widen the peeptoe and make their escape, so I changed into my sneakers. I changed back into my heels near the shop I was going to, and went in to try some flat pumps I'd seen last week. They were nicer than any of the heels they had so I bought them and wore them on the train for the journey home. They were just as exciting as wearing my heels.... well, almost !

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks for your post, SleekHeels. I enjoyed reading it. Glad you enjoyed yourself, out heeling. I am very busy with work this time of year, so I don't get a chance to heel that often. Hopefully I will get time this weekend. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Well done, SleekHeels! I've certainly enjoyed reading your latest adventures! Keep 'em coming, my friend!

Sure Steve, here's a pic I just took:

post-12051-0-40404100-1367887854_thumb.j

http://www.newlook.c...umps-_274968618

They're wide fit and very comfortable. At £16 they're a little expensive for suedette (not real suede) but I thought I'd treat myself as I really like them. If there was a nice high-heeled version I'd be very tempted.

If you like it, wear it.

SleekHeels, Nice looking flats. You don't have to wear heels all the time. Flats can be nice to wear too. Just Sunday, I started out in a pair of flats for church, but changed into some peep toe pumps later in the morning for some more excitement. Happy Heeling, bluejay

I was back in my heels for my latest adventure - black suedette with a cream patent scallop and t-bar (5½" with 1½" platform), worn with a knee-length black and cream skirt, cream top under a black blazer. post-12051-0-16473700-1368146059_thumb.j First stop was an outdoor cafe. As you can see from the next pic, the gaps between the paving seem to have been designed to ruin heels. I wasn't putting too much weight on my heels as I walked and I thought I'd got away with a couple of near misses. I only discovered much later in the day that a strip of suedette had been pushed up half an inch, and it must've been quite visible as I swanned around all day thinking I looked glamorous. Luckily I was able to smooth the suedette back down almost completely. post-12051-0-58154400-1368146071_thumb.j The highlight of the day was seeing a young lady with a beautifully high (around 5") pair of brown suede heels and cascades of dark curly hair. I told her I loved her shoes and her hair and that she looked fabulous and we exchanged huge friendly smiles. That really made my day and I hope it made hers too. Apart from later on when one passer by called out "f***ing gay" as I crossed a busy street, the tens of other people who noticed me did so discreetly without any significant reaction. In the evening I went to a classical music concert which was very enoyable, much more so that I'd dressed for the occasion. I loved how my legs looked in the soft lighting of the concert hall (see the next pic). I had various normal interactions with people who definitely noticed how I was dressed but made no big deal of it at all. Next time I feel like returning to my more usual androgynous boot-cut jeans with heels look, but it's fun to push the boat out a little more every now and then. post-12051-0-19854100-1368146083_thumb.j

If you like it, wear it.

Hey sleekheels, you are looking good! I've always wanted to pull off that look attending a musical in a theatre. Probably with peep-toe pumps. But I'm happy just to wear skinny heel boots under flare pants. That's my preferred look, but I like to dress in a skirt and pumps from time to time. Keep up the nice pics!

SleekHeels, Thanks for your post and pics. I like your heels too. Too band that guy that called you a nasty name had to spoil your heeling event. Just look past the name calling by some a.. h... jerk. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Bravo, SleekHeels! Bravo! Those were some sharp looking shoes you wore and it sounds like that outfit you sported with them was terrific! I greatly admire you for the outing you had, complete with a concert too. Brilliant! Heck, you might well have given me an idea for a future jaunt. Keep on keeping on, my friend.