shoes for my wife

matthew9524

im a man but posting here so i can get some advice from women. my wifes birthday is on the 1st of april and she has been dropping hints about needing new shoes for a new dress she recently bought. she said silver sandals and this is what came up when i googled that.. http://www.twenga.co.uk/dir-Fashion,Footwear,Sandals-018440

can i get some opinions on this pair ? i dont have a clue about womens shoes but dont want to fail miserably. i had a look at her shoes and she has a black pair for work, with a heel, and then also a few other pairs in different colours with a heel.

any help would be greatly appreciated :silly:

• Like 1

Sounds like you and her ought to have a couple of shopping and dinner dates together. The information you have given is too vague for forming any kind of sensible reply as to a certain style of footwear. However, your wife and you would have a great time discovering this information together. This would be a better birthday present.

That's a great suggestion Histiletto. Taking her shoe-shopping to choose her gift and giving her all the attention, she'll love that... and as a HHPlace member you're hardly going to find that a boring experience, are you?

If you like it, wear it.

Sounds like you and her ought to have a couple of shopping and dinner dates together. The information you have given is too vague for forming any kind of sensible reply as to a certain style of footwear. However, your wife and you would have a great time discovering this information together. This would be a better birthday present.

This is excellent advice. And be honest with her. Tell her you don't know anything about the shoes she likes and you want to go with her and be with her when she makes her choices. I think she'll enjoy the surprise. Good luck!

I find it incredible that you are unfamiliar with your wifes taste in shoes. Of course unless you only met her a week or so ago. My tip would be not to spend less than £100 on them. Taking her shoe shopping by the way is a bad idea, men are a nightmare to shop with and besides she she may opt for something practical. Just buy them from somewhere with a realistic returns policy and keep the receipt. Schuh for example have a policy that allows you to return them within 1 year. You can buy them online and if she's not impressed she or you can return them easily in the nearest highstreet branch.

I find it incredible that you are unfamiliar with your wifes taste in shoes. Of course unless you only met her a week or so ago.

My tip would be not to spend less than £100 on them.

Taking her shoe shopping by the way is a bad idea, men are a nightmare to shop with and besides she she may opt for something practical.

Just buy them from somewhere with a realistic returns policy and keep the receipt.

Schuh for example have a policy that allows you to return them within 1 year.

You can buy them online and if she's not impressed she or you can return them easily in the nearest highstreet branch.

Agreed...I too am amazed that he has no idea of his wife's taste in shoes. It just goes to show how much notice men take of our tastes - until it becomes an emergency situation......

The suggestion about shopping for her at store with a good returns policy is by far the best here....the others, about going shopping with her...well frankly, he should have already done that ages ago.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Agreed...I too am amazed that he has no idea of his wife's taste in shoes. It just goes to show how much notice men take of our tastes - until it becomes an emergency situation......

The suggestion about shopping for her at store with a good returns policy is by far the best here....the others, about going shopping with her...well frankly, he should have already done that ages ago.

Funny that you should think that way. Took me twenty years to finslly realize I shouldn't shop for my wife. Always the wrong size, not what she was thinking, not practical - - - what was I thinking!!!!

Of course, then came her comment "If you like that so much, why don't you wear it!! " - - - and the rest is history.

Hmmmmm - - - - really like the looks of these;

http://www.ellieshoes.com/showcase/ProductDetail.asp?PROD_CD=652-LUCIA

Wish they came in a 1/2 to 3/4 platform though. Wonder if I could get away with these and a pair of jeans.

Yeah, and women can't drive.

It's true, there are indeed differences between the sexes. That should be accepted. It would be foolish not to.

And anyway why would I bother to drive when there are men to do it for me?.

Sure, most men probably are a nightmare to shop with... but then ask "most men" to hold your handbag and they'll treat it like it just fell in sewage, or ask "most men" to go buy you some nail varnish and they can't do it, but put all the colours in spraycans in a car repair shop and they'll bore your ass off picking the right one.

Men are generally conditioned to be ignorant of "women's stuff", and maybe women are generally conditioned to accept (or even encourage) that ignorance whether they like it or not. If we choose to make the effort to overcome that state of affairs is down to us.

As for Matthew9542's original request, maybe a picture of the dress (check the label, find the website?) might inspire some helpful recommendations.

If you like it, wear it.

Funny that you should think that way. Took me twenty years to finslly realize I shouldn't shop for my wife. Always the wrong size, not what she was thinking, not practical - - - what was I thinking!!!!

Of course, then came her comment "If you like that so much, why don't you wear it!! " - - - and the rest is history.

Oh .. My.. God!

I just had Pepsi come out of my nose and all over my computer screen!

If you dont mind the plagiarism, I need to print this off and show it to half the people I know!

Cheers!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

When it's a pain to be with the one you love, then it is time to re-evaluate your priorities. I'm not saying you have to be together every minute of the day, in fact everyone needs time alone, but being there to support things like each others apparel choices, for evening stolls to get an ice cream cone, by going over to a neighbor's house to pick some ripening fruit, in doing a chore the other wasn't able to do and/or etc. are invaluable memory makers for continuing the post courtship, even after the marriage commitment has been consummated. Any worthy relationship without good quality interaction becomes stale, mundane, and erosive. The both of you become two individuals who happen to be in the same area.

You might want to try speaking to one of her friends or to some one that she works with. They may have a good idea as to waht she likes, or is looking for. Luckily I now what my wifes tastes are when it comes to clothing , as well as the correct size :smile:

im a man but posting here so i can get some advice from women. my wifes birthday is on the 1st of april and she has been dropping hints about needing new shoes for a new dress she recently bought. she said silver sandals and this is what came up when i googled that.. http://www.twenga.co.uk/dir-Fashion,Footwear,Sandals-018440

can i get some opinions on this pair ? i dont have a clue about womens shoes but dont want to fail miserably. i had a look at her shoes and she has a black pair for work, with a heel, and then also a few other pairs in different colours with a heel.

any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:

On a more serious note....have you seen her new dress? Is it a casual day-time dress or an evening dress? I'm guessing it's evening if she has mentioned silver sandals.

So....what heel height does she normally wear in evening shoes?

My thought would be that she is looking for a pair of strappy silver sandals with something like a 3.5" or maybe 4" heel that she can happily wear to evening functions. The 'Anne Michelle' sandals in your link are a good start - but take a look in some of your local High Street girl's and women's stores - or smaller boutiques. Most will normally carry strappy evening heels all year round.

If you want to look online - look at 'Pleaser', 'Hollywood Heels' or 'The Highest Heel'......and if you have a bigger budget - try 'Fuss-Schuhe' in Germany.

You're fairly safe with a silver evening sandal.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"