No heels for me for a bit!

chris100575

After having a lot of pain in my foot last night I went to A&E this morning only to find that I have a stress fracture in one of the bones. As such I am currently at home confined to crutches and... no high heels! :silly:

Well, I've been back to hospital and will be on my crutches and a fetching plastic moonboot for the next four weeks. Hopefully after that I'll be able to walk normally, but will have to be careful with it for another couple of months. So, in all likelihood no heels for four weeks, and only wearing them sitting down for a few weeks after that. I suppose I could always wear one on my good foot while I'm sitting!

It's happened at a bad time, the day I go back to hospital to find out if I can come off the crutches is the day before we get married. At least I have a brace rather than a cast so I can still fly and can go on honeymoon if I'm still in it. The no heels thing is going to start to bite though, I don't think I've ever gone much more than a week without wearing them. I've also had to cancel the course I was booked onto at the Lifeboat College, which I'd really been looking forward to. :unsure: 'owdo there New_look! Aye we'll have to catch up mate, glad to hear from you! :silly: