Pulled out Lacing Hook

Hi, I have a problem with a pair of Pleaser/Devious FEMME-1020 Pony Boots. I laced them with too much force and pulled out one of the lacing hooks. The hook still fits in the hole of the leather but is quite loose. I already tried to fix the hook with some super glue but this only worked for about a week, now the hook is loose again. Is there a way to fix the hook again permanent? Best regards, Michael

This shouldn't be a problem these are fitted using two components the hook & a back stud. The key is the make sure you ask the repairer to use a bigger back stud or get them to enforce the upper first to stop it happening again by pulling through the same hole as Jarl Ayari experienced.

The only problem you'll have potentially is you'll go to the effort of getting this one doe & another will fail!

Now from a DIY point of view there is a slim chance you could repair it yourself, I've seen many of these where the fitter gets complacent in the factory & doesn't punch them together hard enough, meaning theres movement between them & the upper.

Put the hook back through & if possible (required) poke the upper between the two sections. next find a metal object that fits the hook, to stop it collapsing (handles of spanners are good!) lay the linning on a hard object like a vice & hammer the top of the hook to close the two sections & tighten them.

This may flatten the dome top of the hook, but to be honest no one will notice!

this repair may not even be possible. but I've repaired them this way on rare occasions when I can't match the hook.

Repair Reuse Recycle. Cobbler it.