How can I get my calves slimmer

legs777777

I would expect the boots to stretch quicker than you will be able to slim your calves. To answer the question directly though, I suggest doing more endurance exercise. Many might tell you that exercise will increase the muscle size. This is true if you do weight training or power workouts, but endurance work such as walking, distance runnning or cycling will make the muscle leaner and actually reduce in size.

Wanna trade? My legs are to skinny for most boots.....:silly:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

well I just got a flat pair of grey thighboots with faux leather I only wear my blade heel boots around the house, but the point is that only the thighboot style I can wear with pants in them (the way they should ofcourse:smile:) but the demonia & the others are too tight for any pants to be tucked into (they really dont look as good to me they way anyways) my calves are kind of on the thick side @ that!

I hate to also admit that I may need to lose a little for a few of my heels :silly: I just got my Bordello blue heels. Haven't had a chance to get them from my friend's yet, but I keep imagining myself wearing them, but any look I pull off not fitting right, with me not the fitting itself. Does anyone have any similar thoughts sometimes?

Formally "HHDude"

I hate to also admit that I may need to lose a little for a few of my heels :silly:

I just got my Bordello blue heels. Haven't had a chance to get them from my friend's yet, but I keep imagining myself wearing them, but any look I pull off not fitting right, with me not the fitting itself.

Does anyone have any similar thoughts sometimes?

Me too!

I gave up cake, cookies, and basically all sweets between meals and the results are starting to finally show.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I would expect the boots to stretch quicker than you will be able to slim your calves. To answer the question directly though, I suggest doing more endurance exercise. Many might tell you that exercise will increase the muscle size. This is true if you do weight training or power workouts, but endurance work such as walking, distance runnning or cycling will make the muscle leaner and actually reduce in size.

This is good advice. You might also consider going for daily walks in your high heels. You'll be exercising and having fun wearing high heels at the same time.

... endurance work such as walking, distance runnning or cycling will make the muscle leaner and actually reduce in size.

I feel this is correct, as well as your overall weight being rather important factor. I have done lots of bike riding most of my life, and my legs are pretty solid, but are mostly comprised of lean muscle. I have always been told I have nice legs, but they are rather feminine looking legs I have to admit. Since about 3/4 of any real exercise I do comes from bike riding, I would attribute the current shape of my legs to my biking habit, almost directly.

I am still about 30 pounds overweight though, but the biking keeps the legs in great shape, so all of that spare weight I have is focused primarily on the spare tire I carry with me around my mid-section.

Good to see all the advice flooding in. Bike sounds like a good idea, havent used it in a while, I just grudge paying £50 plus for a pair of boots that are quite snug. Plus need to stop the sins. Crisps, chocolat and chinese food. Thanks all:smile::silly::smile:

Those Aldo Mugrage boots look very smart, and a great excuse to get healthy. I've always found Aldo shoes to fit really small but I've never tried their boots.

I have one pair of synthetic boots which are a real struggle to get in/out of (no side zip) but I can just about get into them with just sheer tights, no other way. Most of my other boots have a side-zip and are a snug fit but they just about take leggings or skinny-jeans tucked in with no socks (just tights or thin trainer liners). It does seem to vary a lot from style to style - great excuse to try on lots of boots in the store once you feel confident enough.

For exercises I've found the "calf toning" one here good:

http://www.womens-health-questions.com/strength-toning-women.html

and it's also great to climb stairs whenever you get the chance (office buildings, shopping centres, metro stations). I think I read somewhere it's better to put your foot flat on each step and feel your leg muscles doing the work.

Enjoy your boots!

If you like it, wear it.

Wanna trade? My legs are to skinny for most boots.....:silly:

He he - me too.

I guess I should take the opposite of all the good advice here and eat a lot more cake!:unsure:

I remember my wife once bought a pair of boots that were a real tight fit on her calves, but after a couple of times wearing them the leather gave enough that they fit just snugly.

So just endure a couple of days in them and they should stretch a bit.

Good luck.

I have thick calves and it's sort of genetical; even though I have done lots of bicycle. Loosing weight is only a part of the thing as if your calves are muscular and your body mass index is around 25 you cant do much about it.

As mentioned (only once for each point) it's about genetics and overall body weight. I saw a thread for this on another forum I frequent... so this is some of the things they have said (it's not my advice, but I trust it all the same)... It pretty much says you can not lose fat from just one part of your body, you need to lose fat from all over to slim your calves. The best way to go about losing fat is to create a calorie deficit ("burning more through cardio and resistance training, eating less, a combination of the two") and to gain muscle because the more muscle you have, the more fat you will burn (due to higher metabolism). Your calves are very much determined by genetics.... girls who have long skinny legs were born that way. Some guys have great difficulty gaining muscle (I guess those like hoverfly and laceups). So resistance training to gain muscle will help you lose fat quicker and endurance cardio (cycling - as suggested and long walks/jogging) to make the muscle lean. Also pilates will help you shape your legs.

Call me Tights!

Thank for that. I have started running and eating a lot less junk than I normally do, due to a change in jobs, and being so busy that I will for get to eat during the day and wait till I gat home. It does help having a goal in front of me, for my boots to actually fit me, hopefully in the near future. Thank you all. :silly: