Would you wear stilettos for a job interview?

Firefox

I'm an engineer and my co workers (mostly men) always know I wear high heals (6 inch plus daily).  My job doesn't require working in the field but does require some lab work.  Luckily the only requirement in the labs are closed toe shoes although there is a lot of walking in the plant.  Recently I was switching departments and needed an interview with a new boss I hadn't met before for a big promotion.  My husband locked me in my ballet heals instead of my normal heals for the day.  He also put me in my corset under a tight shirt.  Needless to say I got the job.

• Like 8

• 2 months later...

I would and have worn Black patent pointed toe 4 1/2" stiletto pumps for an interview before BUT I DID know that the interviewer was a woman that wore stilleto pumps also... our high heels almost matched.  I was thrilled when she noticed right away and complimented me.  I got the job ;)  Simply a situation in which I took a chance and it worked out well.  Otherwise, I would probably select a more conservative shoe for an interview.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Absolutely not! I'd stick with something more business-like; pumps, somewhere around 3" heels, closed toes, and no bright colors. Same as in the office. But if the office has an evening social, I'd definitely wear stilettos or platforms.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, I would. In the past I've worn 4 or possibly 4.5inch to a job interview. Probably now I'd dare for the 5inch. 

Although, after speaking with several other women at my old office job, I'd not wear patent, as most people in management see patent is a no no, it might be fine in an office once you're working there but in an interview I'd stick to plain leather.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I wear stilettos all the time including to job interviews.  That being said I’m a female engineer so I already stand out at the interviews just for being a girl.  They may not take me as serious up front, but I know my stuff and they normally are blow away by the end.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 2/21/2002 at 2:36 PM, Firefox said:

OK girls, here's the question. You are going for a dream job that you really want. It's top pay and conditions but you know that the firm is a little bit conservative in it's attitudes. You know you're a good worker, and if you get the job you'll have little problem dressing how you want so long as it's smart. However, what are you going to wear for the interview? Would you risk 5" stilettos, and if not what would you wear?

Since i am not small and my feet are neither, a 5" heel still looks classy on me. So yes, i would wear it if the interviewer was a man. If it was a woman i would think twice.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 9/29/2021 at 11:28 AM, HelenInHeels said:

Since i am not small and my feet are neither, a 5" heel still looks classy on me. So yes, i would wear it if the interviewer was a man. If it was a woman i would think twice.

For me in this instance a pair of 4" heel pumps would be just perfect if its a guy interviewing, but for a women interviewer, I'd rather go 3"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...