Best shoe adhesive

I am looking for a good adhesive for attaching bows and piping on my wife's peeptoe pumps. The only product that I can find is called Shoe Goo. So, is that a good product, or is there something better that we can use.

Shoe Goo is intended for repairs to sneaker soles -- it's a rubber adhesive and filler similar to Contact Cement. When used as intended it is a good product but it is probably not suitable for your purpose. You may find hot-melt glue to be more suitable for your intentions but you will find some experimentation to be in order. The performance of various adhesives is strongly dependent upon the surfaces and materials being joined. Super-Glue, for instance, works great on certain materials and surfaces and utterly fails on others. You will have to try bonding samples of your bows and piping material to shoe material similar to your wife's pumps. If the shoes are leather, try gluing some scraps of the bows and piping to scraps of leather. If the shoes are PU, you may have to try decorating an old (or sacrificial) pair of PU shoes. Hot-melt glue is available in sticks and you will need a glue gun to melt them and apply the glue.

Have a happy time!