Designer heeles, runways, and actors

Gudulitooo

Hi all, This week is held the fashion week in Paris. In my understanding of the world of haute couture, some of the dresses and outfits, presented on the runway, are going to be lent or sold to people and stars for them to attend evenings such as movie festivals or embassy receptions. YSL, Hedi Slimane (Dior 2007), Rick Owens, and a few have presented men on heels on the runway (I remember a post about that). Now, did you see any male actor or noble person wearing these haute couture heeled outfits other than fashion bloggers at the fashion week ?

well, I like rick owens in his boots (if he's the black guy in that outfit in newyork all in black with wedge heel boots on) it looks so cool!:silly:

oh OK, crotchhighboots, thanks for the correction there:smile: @ least now I now who he is. I'll "google" his name to see if there are any more pics of him in boots perhaps!

I hope this link works, you will love this.

High heels, Small wonder that kings and emperors of yore wore them often...It was about time for fashion designers to bring men's high heels back to their menswear collections. So gentlemen, you better start practicing and lady's get use to men wearing high heels...

http://newmalefashion.blogspot.com/2010/11/kingly-footwear.html?spref=fb

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

Why is it that men are usually expected to wear the ugly styled, boring, drab, bland, and etc. stuff? I found that only a few of the exampled high heels were even pleasing to view much less choosing to wear them. I wouldn't want to be a fashionable heeler, if that is the future of men in heels. Some of the reasons I want to wear high heels are for the enhanced appearance. The exampled footwear I viewed didn't give me any of this sense. They actually turned me off much like the cloddish heeling styles of the 70's . "Meels" are not my favor of footwear. The perfect styling for heels is already available. Why does society have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak? Just make larger sizes.

"The perfect styling for heels is already available. Why does society have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak? Just make larger sizes." I'm with you Histiletto, but look at it this way our pumps are in the door now and after some time the heels you see now on the runways will give way to our perfect feminine styling of heels. :silly:

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

Why is it that men are usually expected to wear the ugly styled, boring, drab, bland, and etc. stuff? I found that only a few of the exampled high heels were even pleasing to view much less choosing to wear them. I wouldn't want to be a fashionable heeler, if that is the future of men in heels. Some of the reasons I want to wear high heels are for the enhanced appearance. The exampled footwear I viewed didn't give me any of this sense. They actually turned me off much like the cloddish heeling styles of the 70's . "Meels" are not my favor of footwear.

The perfect styling for heels is already available. Why does society have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak? Just make larger sizes.

"The perfect styling for heels is already available. Why does society have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak? Just make larger sizes." I'm with you Histiletto, but look at it this way our pumps are in the door now and after some time the heels you see now on the runways will give way to our perfect feminine styling of heels. :silly:

I couldn't agree more with both of you. Most of the shoes and boots in that blog I wouldn't even think for a second of wearing. And they associate those "high heels" with ones that men would like to wear and wear in public. Ask yourself this, how many women would really, truly want to wear shoes and boots like those?

I like the Rad Hourani styles and the Rick Owen's boots. I wouldn't use the wedges as I don't like those particular wedge boots. It's nice to see that the heel is becoming a more neutral issue in style and fashion. Any way, I wouldn't change many of my ladies boots or pumps I use for street heeling for these if they became a normal men attire.

I don't know, roniheels! Women, in general of course, are use to wearing anything they choose including men's footwear, so I doubt they would have any difficulty wearing the examples shown. It still doesn't mean I like or want to wear those ugly things.

Men wearing high heels and dress on the runway,Kwan Tae Kim Col*lec*tion opened by a male model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIhWMXGtLo0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIhWMXGtLo0

Male model Az Walk

Andrej Pejic - Best Male model

Well this guy is modeling clothes for women to wear.

He is doing the job of a coat rack : presenting clothes.

As any model do.

What is interesting is when a designer proposes heels in a collection intended for men. Then you can appreciate his work on how to arrange the heels with the rest of the outfit, while trying to keep good relations with the brand he works for...:silly:

There are very few men wearing in their real life what the designers showed. Maybe Lenny Kravitz with the Owens heels, or William the blogger attending the fashion week.

I agree with you Histiletto, the Owens wedges are ugly, but before he proposed boots with a block heels that were gorgeous. Rad Hourani first unisex heeled shoes with the block heel were also great, but I don't like the last ones that are like sandals with peep toe. Anyway, I doubt they sold more than a few.