First pair for family viewing

pj22

I finally bought a pair of heeled shoes that I am comfortable enough in to wear in front of the family-Mudd "Dominique" loafers? 1/2 inch platform, 2 1/2 inch very chunky rubber heel in black. I wear appropriate length jeans as to not flaunt them. The only comment I have gotten was from my wife. "What shoes are they?", she asked. I lifted my pant leg and showed her. She said "Oh". End of story. No other comments from anyone else. I guess the next step would be to wear them when I am with my friends. Hmmmmm?

Mmm, I'm kinda conflicting with the "Oh" part of things. Like, it seems like you should hold back on the family for now and get more input from your wife. Cause that "Oh" could have been anything. Sure, she IS your wife and she should understand, but only making sure, you know? I mean, I would. But then again, I'll be in the open with my heel-wearing. Starting early, you know? Haha.

Formally "HHDude"

Mmm, I'm kinda conflicting with the "Oh" part of things.

Like, it seems like you should hold back on the family for now and get more input from your wife. Cause that "Oh" could have been anything. Sure, she IS your wife and she should understand, but only making sure, you know? I mean, I would. But then again, I'll be in the open with my heel-wearing.

Starting early, you know? Haha.

I'm sure that if pj22's wife had any negative thoughts about his shoes, she would have uttered far more than just "oh."

I'm sure that if pj22's wife had any negative thoughts about his shoes, she would have uttered far more than just "oh."

...Maybe they caught her off-guard?

I guess it would depend on the tone of the "Oh" she let out as well. Care to help us out with that, pj?

Formally "HHDude"

Well, you might just be upfront and ask her if she likes or doesn't the shoes. If her attitude really is, "whatever" (as in whatever you want to wear), there should be no problems. But is she does have negative feelings about your shoes and you wearing them in public and with her, you might want to discuss this with her. No harm in asking.

I'm all for seeking approval from our wives and/or girlfriends but if the shoes that we're talking about have a reasonable chance of passing unnoticed by the general public, it then becomes a matter of taste and IMHO the man doesn't need the woman's approval. For example, if I had a girlfriend who said I couldn't wear these:

http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Product/EC1214540-5122907/Frye/Tan+Leather/Women's+Taylor+Harness.aspx

Then I'd not have to worry about having a wife that would give me problems if you catch my drift..

Now if I was trying to convince the girlfriend to tolerate me wearing a skirt and stiletto heels while in public, I agree she should have a say as such an endeavor won't go unnoticed and her skin would need to be as thick as mine.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

• 4 weeks later...

Am still trying to figure out how to post a picture. Will post when I do. In the meantime I have just received a new pair that I immediately wore to a public function that family was attending. Aerosoles Stax O Phone loafers with 3 in heels. The sole and heel are rubber with minimal noise.

I like those. They look unisex, perfect for streetheeling. Let us know if anyone notices. My guess is that if they do, you'll get a compliment because that person has the high heel gene, too! Steve

Charlie, you made a good point, however in my case it is nice to have a wife whom encourages me to wear heels.:smile:

No doubt about that at all Stiletto Guy, but in the absence of such, compromise is the next best substitute. Without compromise, there can only be 100% agreement or war.

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Am still trying to figure out how to post a picture. Will post when I do. In the meantime I have just received a new pair that I immediately wore to a public function that family was attending. Aerosoles Stax O Phone loafers with 3 in heels. The sole and heel are rubber with minimal noise.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41067QEPARL.jpg

There ya go! :smile:

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.