One Platform and Two Crutches

eoneleg

We were on a girls night out and stopped at an intimate aperal store. I was wearing a pump with a four-inch stiletto heel. One girl held up a platform sandal and dared me to try it with my crutches. The clerk got it on for me; it looked like a 3" platform and about 7 - 8" heel. I lengthened my crutches as far as they would go and got up in the sandal which showed all of my toes. Two careful steps and I acclimated to the platform and took a walking tour of the store, then about 5 more laps. Having mastered that, I am going to look as some pumps that are chic now, with a one inch or so platform and peep toes.

AH! Variety is the spice of life. Sounds like you had a fun night out. You'll still have to take more care with taller platforms, due to their inherent nature to become unstable on uneven surfaces. The scenes of the runway models falling down because their ankles failed while wearing really tall platforms (over 2") with 7 to 8" heels, still haunts my visions of these shoes. I've found that I'm more comfortable wearing platforms that are less than one and a half inch tall with the equivalent heel height no greater than five inches. (Which means the stiletto heels could be as tall as 6.5", but no taller.)

We were on a girls night out and stopped at an intimate aperal store. I was wearing a pump with a four-inch stiletto heel. One girl held up a platform sandal and dared me to try it with my crutches. The clerk got it on for me; it looked like a 3" platform and about 7 - 8" heel. I lengthened my crutches as far as they would go and got up in the sandal which showed all of my toes. Two careful steps and I acclimated to the platform and took a walking tour of the store, then about 5 more laps. Having mastered that, I am going to look as some pumps that are chic now, with a one inch or so platform and peep toes.

Sounds like a wonderful evening and a beautiful image of someone enjoying some time in something a little different that you seem to enjoy, have no opinion of what anyone should or should not wear, just please becareful. :silly: