Heel training advice

littleblue

Hi there, This is my first post here so thought Id ask advice :silly: Ive never been a real fan of HHs until now so not really worn them and my fiancee really wants me to train myself to be in HH all the time. After consideration and discussion I am happy to do this and before people mention health concerns, I know the risks associated with becoming permanently high heeled and am still wanting to do this. I have kinda thrown myself in the deep end and have been wearing 4 1/2" ankle boots for the past 24 hours (albeit painfully but as they say, no pain, no gain). I know I have a long way to go but as I don't plan to be out of HH for the foreseeable future I was hoping to get some advice from people on here. tbh the idea of being permanently high heeled is a bit of a turn on for me too so I definitely have commitment and motivation :unsure: Looking forward to your advice in achieving my goal :-?

Practice makes perfect but any trainer will tell you that sufficient rest periods are also required. Oh and welcome, I am sure lots of people will be willing to help you.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

a few days in now and nothing? does nobody really have any advice? :unsure: Ive got used to sleeping in my comfy sandals now which is a start.

and thanks Foxyheels :silly:

Just like your training, patience is your friend.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I'll try and help later on. For now, I believe we just got out of a similar posting of a girl who wished to be permanently HH'ed, and who we've never heard from again. So, on behalf of a few others here... We're taking a cautious approach here, haha. No offense. It may take us a second to reply, but rest assured. We WILL reply.

Formally "HHDude"

littleblue, welcome aboard! My advice for anyone who wants to wear high heels, whether it be occasionally or full time , is: - practice, practice, practice - work up to your desired heel height. Especially on the 2nd point, if you've only worn flat shoes all your life, then wearing heels is VERY different, there's no doubt about that. While being in high heels might be fun, if you don't do it correctly, you could easily twist or turn an ankle (or worse). That'll quickly stop your heel wearing. Also, you didn't say where your first 24 hours wearing heels was. If it was inside, then that's often not too difficult, no matter what the height. But outside, it's very different. Just walking from your car or other transportation to the entrance of a store can be a challenge. Then you have changing floor surfaces (tile to carpet to marble to wood), sometimes they are wet, you might have hills to walk (and down is different from up!). In a word, it can be challenging. Your choice of boots is a good one, though I'd suggest something more on the order of a 3" height to start with. It can take a decent amount of time to master walking in them, all the time, in all the conditions I've mentioned above. You didn't say if you wanted/needed to be discreet about it, but a good pair of black ankle boots, around a 3" heel, with more of a block or chunky heel, under some longer pants, can almost be unnoticeable to most people while your out. If you're not nervous about wearing them out, it makes walking in them that much easier. Once you're mastered these, then you can decide what direction to go: higher or thinner. You can stay with boots and/or thicker heels, I own a pair of ankle boots with over a 4 1/2" heel (and no platform). But they're not always the most attactive or "sexiest" heels. If you want to move to stilletto heels (regardless of pump, sandal, or boot), they can be another learning curve. Hopefully none of this discourages you. Rather, it's meant so have you do your heel training properly from the start, and not hate them from the beginning because you find them unconfortable and can't walk well (if at all) in them. Can you provide a little more background on your situation? Why does your fiancee want you in heels all the time? Anything particular? Can it be 4 1/2" boots, or should it be 5" pumps. Do you have a lifestyle (job, family, neighbors) that you can all of a sudden wear heels 24/7 without attracting attention?

Hi jwhite and thanks for your input :silly: My work situation is flexible enough that wearing heels 24/7 is no issue at all (Im a community support worker) which allows me to ample practice :unsure: My first day in the ankle boots was at work and was agony but luckily i could sit down half the shift and the next day was my birthday and a day off so i spent the day on and off walking around the house in them, switching to my 4 1/2 inch wedge sandals (for comfort and stability) when they got uncomfortable (which i also sleep in) Today (well it will be yesterday now) I did another shift at work (4 hours) in the boots in and outdoors an although painful, it wasn't anywhere near a bad as saturday and when I got home, back into the comfy sandals for bed. I have another shift today (5 hours) so more practice on a variety of surfaces. Compared to saturday I am walking alot better in them too now. Out of curiosity I tried on some 2.5" heels I wore to a wedding last year I couldn't walk in and I swear they felt as easy and comfortable as flats lol. The weirdest feeling was the feeling that they were "too low"!! (So unlike me) Well my fiance is really turned on by women in high heels and more turned on by the thought of it being permanent and as we are both quite alt, the idea of minor body modification for my partner gives me a large sense of intimacy so basically everybody feels closer and more intimate :-? The fact I have a job and life where wearing 24/7 heels won't be an issue makes me fairly lucky in that respect :) Oh, and it's definitely a heels, not pumps thing :) Bought some 5" boots with a thin heel off ebay yesterday which im waiting to come which is a slight increase too. Eventually want to get to 5.5/6 inch 24/7 by this time next year

As a girl who did this for a guy, who is now stuck in heels and can't put her feet flat, I'd first say make sure that you want to do this, and if so, do it for YOU, not HIM. If you're sure on that, then practice and time and working yourself into higher and higher heels will get you there.

Yes, I do walk in these

thanks for your advice hhg. we did discuss it and motivations for it before I made the decision to start. I am doing this for both of us and definitely want to do this for me too. My ultimate goal is to not be able to put my feet flat at all and in the unlikely event we go our seperate ways, I still want this for me so I have no regrets and am determined. Can I ask, what would you suggest for when to scale up an inch/half inch and how much/how you stretch your feet with relation to what you are comfortable wearing at the time?

I have read this thread with interest and as I have never known any girl to have done this or want to do this, I don't have anything to offer... Except one thought did occur to me - I wonder if it would help if you took ballet OR advice from ballet dancers/instructors (?). Professional dancers can go en pointe to flat again within a second! I imagine they would have strength and flexibility in their ankles which seems to be a great requirement for being permanently heeled. If this is a bad idea than please disregard. Best of luck with your goal! :silly:

Call me Tights!

Well it's more the changing me for my partner that I really like. But I have to say I do like how heels accentuate my femininity more and somehow make me look slimmer. Enjoying the new range of shoes I can now shop for too so it's win, win, win Also I have always liked the feeling of being restricted and in a sense, this qualifies.

littleblue, thanks for the background. Between having a SO that's supportive (more like wanting it of you!), and a job where you wearing heels anytime (all the time) is not a problem, you've way past where a lot of other members on this website are. Despite your initial success in heeling, I still think you'd do better to start out lower, wear that until you barely notice you're wearing heels, then move up to a higher height. Your "permanent" goal is marathon, not a race, and I think you'll prepare yourself better for the long haul with this approach. Maybe if you get a chance you can post some pictures of the shoes you're wearing (or links to them, if they are still available). Always nice to see other people's wardrobe. Oh, and to answer your question, it's definite not uncommon to think a heel is "too low" after wearing something higher. I know for me, initially it's a bit depressing, as you no longer have that "high heel" feeling. However, when you look at that "low" heel, and realize it's still a decent height, you can get a sense of accomplishment over what you've mastered so far.

well due to various advice Ive decided to stay put at 4/4.5" until I am completely used to my newfound friends :silly: So Im sticking with the height until im used to it, then moving up to 4.5/5" 7 days since my heel touched the floor now :unsure: hopefully the first week of many...

well the reason was simply - the balls of my feet are really aching and Im not particularly walking elegantly lol :silly: but the 1 year goal remains the same - work up to 5.5" (6" at times) 24/7 and the eventual goal is also the same - permanently heeled :unsure: but regardless, I am still making sure Im only ever out of heels to have a bath/shower :-?

im noticing that although i am wearing heels to bed I don't feel like my foot is being stretched while I sleep - I don't suppose anyone has any advice along these lines?

When my Dom was training my feet, I'd either sleep in foot stretchers, and then he basically combined foot stretchers with ballet boots and I'd sleep in those. If you really want to accelerate this process, get yourself some plastic heels to shower in so that your feet never go flat.

Yes, I do walk in these

I agree with HeelDragon. Sandals are no good because your ankle can moove freely. No wonder you do not feel stretched when you wake up at the morning. Ballet boots are the ideal foot stretching device for sleep, though it's perhaps still a bit early for them in your case. I'm impressed by your stamina, good luck!

Yeah, I'd come to the same conclusion with the sandals. My ankle boots don't restrict my ankle, my other boots are knee high so would be too warm a my pumps heels are too short (nothing under 4 inches is being worn) so I'll have to go shopping. Never bought so many shoes in such a short space of time lol 7 hours in heels at work still kills and I have to suffer through the pain til I can sit down and rest but this time next year it will be worth it when I'm in my 5.5s/6s all day. Just started to get used to being so tall too which was weird at first :silly:)

When my Dom was training my feet, I'd either sleep in foot stretchers, and then he basically combined foot stretchers with ballet boots and I'd sleep in those. If you really want to accelerate this process, get yourself some plastic heels to shower in so that your feet never go flat.

You know, I thought ballet boots Did do the trick. But then, I lost confidence in it working. That's why I sold them D: Now I'm somewhat convinced again :unsure:

Still, I guess you would have to sleep with the boots on every night to see and feel the results, eh? I mean, I felt it at first, but just stopped sleeping in them. I'd still recommend it as A way to go, not recommended :silly:

Told you I'd give you some advice :-?

Formally "HHDude"