Finding Discreet Street-Heels for Guys

Heelfan

Hello Bert and Dawn. I wasn't saying at all that all veterans always draw noisy attraction to their heels, but only that they 'often' do it, as confirmed by Firefox in his posting. He's even got an pic somewhere on these forums of the underside of one of his chunky heels showing his insertion of a whole "U" shape of steel screw-heads around the perimeter. Naturally, as you say, there will always be veterans who wish to keep their heels quiet all their lives. In my case, I have shy days and bold days. On the former I reach for my rubber-soled chunkies, whilst on the latter it is really great to be able to reach for the steel-tipped heels and strut my stuff to the world! No, if you'll permit me, I was mainly trying to give encouragement to the shy (nay scared-stiff!) newcomers to street-heeling. I am sure that it will help them get over their initial terror in their silent 2" block heels if I simply point out that the main trend is for most of us to relax more and more about wearing our heels when we realise that the world has not caved-in on us. If the new guys realise that there are some of us who've successfully street-heeled for twenty, thirty or forty continuous years (or in my case forty-seven), and had tremendous fun in the process, it will surely give them the confidence and re-assurance that their initial shy, very tentative efforts can be built upon and extended without fear of some sort of imagined consequences or reprisals. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Browsing through Zappo's current selection today, I came across this style. Having a masculine-looking broad, comfortable toe-box and a heel with a good lift (that can be hidden or half-hidden by trousers if required), it struck me as a good shoe to depict on this forum for male street-heelers:

Posted Image

Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

That style works for me. I wear shoes similar to those every day. Heels ranging from 3 to 4½" heels.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

must be good to have your own business bubba. you make the dress rules :roll:. wish the bank was more flexible. technically to the habdbook they shouldnt be able to discriminate, but i dont want to be made uncomfortable by people at work which is why i dont venture there. One of the lads was recently told to get a haircut cos it was too long and didnt look good for the customers (it wasnt untidy) therefore i can see the route heels would taje too more power to those who are allowed though daz

Heelfan:-) That shoe that you pictured would be perfect for any male that wanted to street-heel. The toe box is masculine enough to peek out from under long pants and the heel could be hidden or partially hidden also, depending on your personal choice. You didn't say the height of the heel, but I would judge it to be 3½" to 4" and chunky enough to give added support. I would be happy wearing that pair and street-heeling in them. You "newbies" that want to get started, take note. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Those are indeed great boots for street heeling. I find that with the wide heels, even if they are high, people more seem to think a a hip look rather than a women's look. Those of you interested in this type of boots should look at the Harley Davidson boots on zapps.com. They have several styles with high heels, that are rather masculine.

Browsing through Zappo's current selection today, I came across this style. Having a masculine-looking broad, comfortable toe-box and a heel with a good lift (that can be hidden or half-hidden by trousers if required), it struck me as a good shoe to depict on this forum for male street-heelers:

Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Heelfan, might you have the link to them? I didn't spot them among the size elevens...

Here's another I would dare wear in public, primarily because of the masculine front. A long pair of hanging trousers would break nicely at the front and hang well at the back, concealing the heel nicely.

If it didn't - oh, well!

Posted Image

I have last year's version of those. They are basically the same, but with a slightly different heel. I can attest to the fact that thye don't draw too much attention. The front makes it look like a business loafer. I wear them on days that I just want to wear heels, but am not in the mood for stares.

Those look great, still trying to persuade mrs shyguy to let me buy some shoes for myself, and something like that would be nice to try. As you say with longer jeans/trousers they wouldn't be obvious either.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

• 2 months later...

Hi, Just a thought, but why not wear the shoe you want to wear and cover them up with long trousers? you can get a boot cut in mens fashions now so what is stopping you? It is really not that much to worry about. Whilst watching queer eye for the straight guy UK this week they bought the chap some £180 shoes for him to get married in, I swear they were as pointy as any of the female fashon shoes I have but ten times the price and no heel. guys, if you are unsure if you should venture out, then we need to talk, I would suggest that you PM me or Heelfan ( I am sure he wont mind ) and let us talk you into it, you will wonder why you were so worried. Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone! Just posting to refresh this thread back up to the top of the heap. I started it in 2003, and sadly many of the picture hostings have gone, turning the pics into red xs. Anyway, the text information should still be helpful to one member who has just sent me a PM enquiry, and other new members might be interested too. Oh, and if this prompts any of you to start street-heeling, do come and show your new heels off at our forthcoming World Heel-Meet in London, 13th May 2006 - 14 definite attendees coming, plus ten possibles already! - see under the "Real Life Meetings thread. Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I wasn't saying at all that all veterans always draw noisy attraction to their heels, but only that they 'often' do it, as confirmed by Firefox in his posting. He's even got an pic somewhere on these forums of the underside of one of his chunky heels showing his insertion of a whole "U" shape of steel screw-heads around the perimeter.

I'm a personal fan of using explosive bolts to attract attention, although I usually make it only ten or twelve feet before my heels heels are blown all to hell...

About a month ago I switched to horseshoes, but lately people keep hooking me up to beer-hauling draft wagons, so I'm reconsidering the explosive bolts.

That is, of course, if my plan of using small screaming rodents falls through!

I'll let you know...